Sign in to follow this  
chechoo

Balance Warr Dmg Vs Mage Dmg

cant find the neck/ ring section....

still i like the thing they did with MIM => 1X1

fede and 99% of the times, at top lvl dk/bs items, a mage wins without doubt vs a war

what the *censored* are you talkin about guy. 99% of the time a warrior is running around amped and the mage can't do shit lmao

Why everybody responds this bad in forum? why the insults and ironi? this is a discussion not a fight, you could give your opinion with solid arguments and without ironi and insults easily.

cant find the neck/ ring section....

still i like the thing they did with MIM => 1X1

fede and 99% of the times, at top lvl dk/bs items, a mage wins without doubt vs a war

Open all the sections, try to find "ring of" or something or "DM".

more damage isn't the answer, because the minute mages start getting mp sets or tower shields are broken they take damage fine and die.

I know why warriors are frustrated, but honestly there are only 2 issues here and they are going to be sorted soon!

mages are always in dk = annoying because DK is great lol (few mp sets on server so far/early days)

In trouble they tower/mshield and can survive anything = maybe the shields will be re-assigned str requirements so the toughest shields are only used for tankers (warriors) and lighter shields are for mages (still can get high pa, just won't take forever to strip). Iron could be made 40 str so mages don't need to change stat, also good variety of statted iron droppers so it will benefit the economy. lagi at 65 str will also accommodate esterk users.

more damage isn't the answer, because the minute mages start getting mp sets or tower shields are broken they take damage fine and die.

I know why warriors are frustrated, but honestly there are only 2 issues here and they are going to be sorted soon!

mages are always in dk = annoying because DK is great lol (few mp sets on server so far/early days)

In trouble they tower/mshield and can survive anything = maybe the shields will be re-assigned str requirements so the toughest shields are only used for tankers (warriors) and lighter shields are for mages (still can get high pa, just won't take forever to strip). Iron could be made 40 str so mages don't need to change stat, also good variety of statted iron droppers so it will benefit the economy. lagi at 65 str will also accommodate esterk users.

^this guy has some nice ideas

I like that shield idea, it would be nice to see sterk users.

stop this guys cmon! allways the same crap , mage too power war bla bla bla stop making stupids topic of this !! its a server for pvp ! in big fights need only team work!! i play 7 years this server , i saw a lot of fights and pvps with and without items or spellz just need learn and love this game.

Dont cry any more and enjoy it !

stop this guys cmon! allways the same crap , mage too power war bla bla bla stop making stupids topic of this !! its a server for pvp ! in big fights need only team work!! i play 7 years this server , i saw a lot of fights and pvps with and without items or spellz just need learn and love this game.

Dont cry any more and enjoy it !

stop try nerf mage

That shield idea is 100% appropriate though.

i think that it will be more fun making shields depend of VIT not STR... or a mix of both... like: u need 140 or 150 vit to wear a tower shield or 120vit and 130/104 str

i think that it will be more fun making shields depend of VIT not STR... or a mix of both... like: u need 140 or 150 vit to wear a tower shield or 120vit and 130/104 str

Sounds a little confusing :P

in my opinion something appropriate is along the lines of

tower - 120

kite - 85

lagi - 65

iron - 40

etc.

Like Juno said, this will be fantastic for the economy, making full use of dr/pa blondes, irons, lagis, and kites.

(Strong% will also be important, because axes will finally actually be able to strip something, cool)

Edited by ulez

why u have to need vit to equip shield? no sense

its like, u have to need 85 magic equip bh

wtf

mages can run or invis, warriors cant do much about this.

warrior can dodge spells or amp, mage has to wait and try again.

remember a warrior can hit constantly and effectively IF target is in range (usually adjacent space unless crits are used). hard to create such a situation however.

a mage can only shoot until he has no mp, after then he has no meaningful offensive capability. when in action though a mage can effect any spot on his screen and several squares beyond it.

Is blizz more powerful than bbh? yes.

Do mages have more vit than warriors? quite often.

Are mages nearly as well protected from physical damage as warriors? yes.

Are warriors nearly as well protected from magical damage as mages? no, though pfm is available for all most all warriors.

Does it make sense that the more damaging class is also the more vitted? no.

Can a mage kill another mage efficiently? yes, one mage can kill another in a few minutes with skill or luck.

Can a warrior kill another warrior efficiently? no, warrior vs warrior will normally take several minutes or more, even when there is a reasonable skill gap.

As a warrior main, I can state that the only true difficulty unsurpassable by increasing your skill is that pfm is incredibly hard to re-cast once frozen, yet every mage can freeze you at will if you are pfm. If a mage sticks to you and doesn't allow you to unfreeze very long, you will never get pfm off in time before he interrupts it, rendering it useless and warriors become super nerfed by this single feature, which effectively renders them completely unprotected from magic. There is no such system to render a mage completely unprotected from physical damage.

These are all important problems, but I am not here to QQ about them, simply to outline to the community some REAL issues and not the ones people make up in light of an individual difficulty they are having that could be defeated with persistence and ingenuity.

All that said, its not as unbalanced as people think, it only needs small tweaks to work:

As I have said before, simply re-assigning shield strength req's and slightly reducing dr and pa of THE DEFAULT ARMORS OF BOTH CLASSES (dk), the game would be 999x better for pvp.

Can a mage strip a warrior as fast as a warrior strips a mage? No.

Can a mage pump out damage if he is constantly hit? No

Can a mage avoid physical damage without wasting points on dex? Probably no. Warriors have 100% mr.

Can a mage avoid physical damage without wasting points on dex? Probably no. Warriors have 100% mr.

sure, as if strips worked well vs dk armors

a mage can hit and hit and hit and when he is out of mana, he only has to chug mana pots to repeat... there are no crit pots.

a mage has range, he is always away from the warrior, he only has to keep the distance, and 50 dex does more than 100mr... ( 100% shield on mages sux)

sure, as if strips worked well vs dk armors

a mage can hit and hit and hit and when he is out of mana, he only has to chug mana pots to repeat... there are no crit pots.

a mage has range, he is always away from the warrior, he only has to keep the distance, and 50 dex does more than 100mr... ( 100% shield on mages sux)

I COULDNT AGREE MORE WITH A PERSON!

when mage is out of mana they just start running with msheild+tower shield waiting for regen to start again, guys that cant see the overpower that mage has are just blind.

did anyone even read my post till the end? I said these aren't even game breaking problems so why waste your time trying to disprove them?

regardless, here's how the rest of the argument is going to go:

"Both strip equally fast if all hits hit. Armour break hits all armours, hammer armour strip only hits 1 at a time, and not all warriors have hammers, but all mages have armour break"

"why would a mage want to strip dk anyway it has no effect on magic?"

"Very few weapons provide constant hit without missing a reasonable amount of the time, especially when hitting the face, and mages have invis pots/pretend corpse for this anyway"

"the vast majority of mages do have the small amount of dex and str to get good dk armor and dodge & shield skill"

"warriors can have 100%mr, but so can mages, comparing apples to apples isn't ideal when the classes require different things"

"a mage has range, and so does a warrior - bow: a weapon with low damage to begin with, and entirely defeated by a circle 3 spell"

Believe it or not I actually enjoy this conversation as there are always new things to contribute to it, and from time to time I see a decent rebuttal as well.

I played mages and warrs, and there no doubt MAGES ARE TOO OVERPOWERED.

The drop rate isnt high, so would be hard to get an mr42 set, which is an average one and wouldnt help you much.

Even with DK set (considering the drops are low) PFM, rm10 neck, 100% mr and emmy ring (basic war defense), a DK15 mage, with DKset, will do massive damage by blizzing you, and besides that he will get you frozen. And how some1 said before, he can always chug one of his 20 mana pots, at least, which he carries on bag.

If the skill difference is huge, the max you can do is pfa and lize him (if you have a decent hp wand). Even if you do that, you probably wasted your whole mana already trying, since isnt that an easy task to lize. At that moment, since you far away from him, he has lot of opportunieties to run away (fw, inv, tower+mshield and whatever).

After it all, if he feels in an dangerous situation, he can always throw the unreal spell called MIM. Which will confuse your running and he will have enough time to recall, call backup or regen his mana to mass blizz you again. For it he doesnt even need to have aim, since it just needs to be casted close enough to work.

The point is: a warr is nothing without a decent set, hp wand, weapon and skill, but a DK15 mage is an ek machine, event without set or skill.

Junoh solution about shields is great, imo. Another solution would be making MIM a 1x1 spell. Those two things might do it more balanced.

The real deal is if some of those things happens, which i doubt, mages will whine for days and some of them will quit, ruining the action in game.

Thank You