Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

Is Lightning Strike Configured Well For This Server?

LS poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would increasing Lightning Strike damage improve the game?

• Yes, more damage would rationalize the int and mp requirements.
    • No, the spell is perfect as it is.

Energy strike is a great weapon for pvm/pve, and useful also in pvp from time to time (though for pvp armor break/earth worm strike are more attractive).

Lightning strike is nearly double the int and more expensive in mp, but produces similar damage and hit radius.

When the spell was designed, an average increase of 10 damage per shot was a significant advantage because people generally had lower hp, but in this server it can be seen that there is too little difference between the spells to warrant LS use over the cheaper ES.

The question I put to you is this: If Lightning strike remained unable to penetrate pfm, but was improved by 20 or 30 damage (averaging around 70-100 dmg at 200 mag), would that bring a useful improvement to the spell, making it more considerable as a less affordable alternative to the value-for-mp energy strike?

You should stop looking for mage options, they are already overpowered and everybody knows it.

Yep, tweaked LS is going to break the server OMG!!!

get out

Edited by ulez

Try to kill a support mage that can hit 100 on pvp running around getting huge hp regens cause of having 200vit.

Edited by chechoo

I'll never stop looking for tweaks and changes to improve this ridiculous game, thanks for contributing though!

You should stop looking for mage options, they are already overpowered and everybody knows it.

Yep, tweaked LS is going to break the server OMG!!!

get out

by the way, irony is unnecessary because i am not being aggresive or something.

Edited by chechoo

thats why i think mass magic missle should be tweeked too.. it can hit threw pfm and can be useful spell too in pvp. as some may not feel it does cause somany mages hooked on blizz. i what happen to versatile playing style.. but yet the game forces everyone to go the same type of build.. wich is saad.. cause with the weapons and such.. their should be more use for other builds...

I hear you roy bro, there's no stepping in the same way that warrior weapons are stepped quite well to allow different builds to be playable.

Better aligning LS will allow more value to many builds, dk sword battle mage, timing/ds>attack vit plater, or even a 123int summoner!

As a committed mage though, this makes the first step for mages, long lasting and supportive with real damage against unprotected people.

The middle step would be making illusion movement to be usable (I think its disabled at the moment) and lowering int on MMM to allow a 170 int vit mage for serious battles with some ability to penetrate pfm, including the upcoming burn ability on meteor, great for on-going skirmishes that require consistent damage over time.

The highest damage step would be a blizz chain mage. The only real build available today. Expert at ambush, but also able to deliver damage over a large area and obstruct opponents with freeze and mim, finishing off enemies with crushing power.