Sign in to follow this  
ulez

Bad Pits

Problem: Some pits (every pit in Promiseland Dungeon for example) have too large a radius or something, pit mobs constantly spawning very far away from the pit.

Why Fix It: It is a large inconvenience, especially for mages and tamers. Truly it defies the meaning in the term "pit". This is Promiseland, noobs see this kind of stuff right away and think... bad.

The Benefit: Smaller radius, proper pits.

Who will enjoy it: Everyone

What will it change: Not running halfway across the map to kill buggy spawned pit mobs

Explain it well: Basically as monsters die and respawn in the PL DG pits (and other pits example: IG2), they end up on the other side of rivers, walls, and trenches. In the case of the crayfish, it is quite severe. If you continued to train in the pit, eventually every single monster will be stuck outside somewhere (this happens very frequently with PL DG clay golems).

These are mild cases, like I said often the entire pit is astray.
P7U9wRX.jpg
BUHwKED.jpg
paaXOuB.jpg
Edited by ulez

(I'm not taking these sceenshots for fun, I have to go find and kill these every 15 minutes)

o4zHUlT.jpg

RQ9O6KA.jpg

Edited by ulez

Is this an accident or are pits designed like this?

It is a combination of not carefully designing the pits (e.g. designed by a non-coder, which is the case for PL dungeon) and an as-designed "feature" in the code where if a chosen tile for an npc is not walkable, it'll use a fixed pre-determined sequence to find the next available tile, which in this case can turn outside the pit due to the design of this sequence (spiral design)

I'm glad this was brought up! I went to that pit yesterday only to be really frustrated trying to gather up enough cf and went back to Town orcs. I also think the pl pits are pretty week esp cg.

I've think I've spent 10 mins there total.

Edited by Micron88