Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

Counterbalance To Freeze For Warriors V Mages.

Even PFM a warrior can be frozen, in a chase this is crucial and is often central to mage dominance over warriors.

Now I propose a new idea to enhance the chase mechanic when warriors are chasing mages.

This will not have as an extreme immediate effect as freeze from blizzard, but will be able to even the play up over a longer contest.

I suggest adding low sp draining to blades and bows, with a 1 in 20 chance to cause run mode to be temporarily disabled after hit, returning to run mode automatically shortly after.

My reasoning is thus: In combat, arrows can get caught in your armour/shield and weigh you down, similarly a cut to your leg from a blade can cripple you, as can an arrow in your leg or foot (Achilles heel).

However due to the healing ability of VIT you are healed enough to continue running shortly after.

Additional seconds of walk mode can be luck rolled, however 1 step would be the most likely result, with up to 3 steps maximum possible (1 in 100 for 2 steps, 1 in 1000 for 3 steps).

In most instances this would only allow 2-3 paces to be gained, so it would not be a great deal more powerful than blizzard, however in large numbers it would be much more effective, and it would not be as easily applied as freeze from blizzard.

Factoring in the relative rarity of blade users, or 100% archers, and the high vit of the majority of mages, for small or short encounters the effect will be minimal to none, however in bigger or longer engagements the utility of this feature would enable warriors to stand on a more even footing with mages when fighting in comparable numbers.

While the SP drain could be negated by PGP/SPGP, the cripple effect can only be luck rolled/dr'd

As it stands dk set mshield/tower gives mages a much better chance of escaping mass warriors than pfm emmy ring/ma shield does for warriors from mass mages.

the idea that most warriors have 59 int 50 mag and nearly no defences from stun/freeze from mages, yet mages only requires 40str 50dex and can become an anti-physical monster with a good chance of dodging anything but crits is imbalanced, and this small change will not take that away, but it may add something in favour of warriors to let mages experience similar.

It's simply not correct that 3-4 mages can kill most single warriors, but often double that number of warriors will struggle to finish a single mage until boxed, or more likely recalled.

Edited by Juno_NH

I like Junonh ideas. This is why you see most elvines playing mass mages. They have no weaknesses. DK+15 mages hits wars with pfm over 40s-50s while a warrior does 10s-15s with crits to a mage using msshield+any shield. Warrs should have another way to counter back mages. Like if there were weapons that drains sp or have a % chance to stun for 1-2 seconds with Critical.

Then blizz should comes with SP reduced also. Because warriors will get cut and crashed by ice shards falling from the sky.

Personally,I play both war and mages. yes wars get freeze seems not fair on a war perspective. But freezing is a magical effect. You too can freeze pple if u get 195int. Mages gt 10dex or 50dex which result in easier hit by warrior. When war mass crit or arrow, its hard for the mage to run away from it as well due to the massive mini stun taken from dmg. Its all part and parcel of HB and how u play with the stats. To counter freeze, make a amp mage. :)

Then blizz should comes with SP reduced also. Because warriors will get cut and crashed by ice shards falling from the sky.

Personally,I play both war and mages. yes wars get freeze seems not fair on a war perspective. But freezing is a magical effect. You too can freeze pple if u get 195int. Mages gt 10dex or 50dex which result in easier hit by warrior. When war mass crit or arrow, its hard for the mage to run away from it as well due to the massive mini stun taken from dmg. Its all part and parcel of HB and how u play with the stats. To counter freeze, make a amp mage. :)

Thank you for your comment! but this is a bad response for 2 reasons:

Firstly, a warrior stands still when he crits or bows, therefore any stun cannot be used by him personally to gain ground when chasing a mage. When you cast blizz, you only stand still for a moment, but freeze lasts 7 seconds, aswell as hit stunning and even flying warrior back towards mage. There is 1-2 steps profit in it for you most times atleast, especially when partnered with MIM.

Secondly, "mass mini stun" is from how many crits? how many warriors does that take? just as likely to fly away a lot of the time as well. There is no real comparison to one or two mage blizzing having the same effect.

But to be fair I tested your solution. I bought a bag of ice and dropped it on myself. Running fine now no problems, don't feel tired or crippled. Sorry your reasoning doesn't work.

I understand arguing for warrior benefit on a server of mostly mages is not going to be easy, but please try to focus on the best interest to make a good and fun game.

anti freeze can get whit farming, no alchemy

eating ginseng if im not wrong

And u mean u will bring a dozen of ginseng out just to unfreeze yourself? The amount of ginseng your bag can hold will never suffice for the amount of mp that can be used to cast a freeze spell on u. Your ginseng doesnt auto regenerate in your bag, unlike mp

get 112 int, leave us mages alone!

Wars can use ginseng, anti freeze, amp themselfs, or get amped by other mages.

What can mages do to an amped war except wait another 60 seconds.

Edited by Stang

Dash has been edited by other servers to be 2 instead of 1 space jump, but its slippery slope when you start to change this because where do you stop/what is too much or too fast animate?

Talking about rare/obscure game items:

ginseng = top level farming

anti-freeze = top level alchemy

amp = warrior need 112 int. 50 mag wont make many amp, nearly 100mp cost. Also, mages fight mages a lot and they don't just stand there and amp for entire fight, so clearly this isn't as definitive or fair/equal solution.

On other side:

dk set mshield/tower = mage can take 40 str and get from bs nearly as good as complete physical protection, and for a lot more than 60 seconds and a lot less mp cost.

invis pot = easy to get, only 50 alch (i'm nearly 30 and I start yesterday), invulnerable from all warrior damage while active. Make detect pot 50 alchemy and this is fixed.

pgp/spgp = so many pgp, is marathon running all the time. Mages have great-stamina-recover and lots of mp, don't need pgp. Make rare drop so not used everyday 100%. It's 95% alchemy skill for some reason I guess.

Guys I know how helbreath is, everyone out to win and rarely care if its fairly or not, jump drop and kill lvl 80 for ek no problem. Your psychology is "I suffered as a low level/low items so now its my time to enjoy winning, whatever it takes, it's fair!". I'm always been player wanting fair game, give back zem, make new friends, and don't call backup/jump, but honestly its only you that suffer when server population is 74 when I went to bed last night, from 260 week average? (only 2 months ago). OK, maybe I suffer a bit too because I do like to play with more people, but I enjoy taming so much now (and I show everyone it and try to get them to try it as well) i'm fine on low pop server, i'll be playing when is only 40-50 players and you are all gone haha (1 month from now).

All can sit here and defend imbalance until you're an hero set, then quit because only mages and 2 sb left on server.

Edited by Juno_NH

anti freeze can get whit farming, no alchemy

eating ginseng if im not wrong

And u mean u will bring a dozen of ginseng out just to unfreeze yourself? The amount of ginseng your bag can hold will never suffice for the amount of mp that can be used to cast a freeze spell on u. Your ginseng doesnt auto regenerate in your bag, unlike mp

No, i dont say nothing about that, I've only corrected said about alchemy, read again the topic from the first post.

About the mage can hit wars whit pfm using bliz, its simple, do a warrior whit amp, you have a habit of create the characters whit the same building over and over again. If you think 200 - 200 -50 - 59 - 88 (for example) its the best build for a war its ok, but do not complain that not enough to get pfm to not be frozen for a blizzard, i dont think that has been the reason why so many people have been gone, keep nerfing mage i dont think that is a solution

Who suggested nerfing mage? I have written nothing about nerfing mages, infact when people make point to turn bs spell into rare spell, I recommend instead just less timer or something.

please read the posts carefully before adding so we don't have to disagree over mistakes.

tl;dr: adding 1 small effect to swords is not nerfing mages.

Who suggested nerfing mage? I have written nothing about nerfing mages, infact when people make point to turn bs spell into rare spell, I recommend instead just less timer or something.

please read the posts carefully before adding so we don't have to disagree over mistakes.

tl;dr: adding 1 small effect to swords is not nerfing mages.

boosting one class is the same thing as nerfing the other.

the problem is that if u dont use bh/bbh is almost impossible to kill a mage... and if the mage have 2 hands and its 180, even with that its imposible :P

not in massive pvp, in massive pvp dont need bh/bbh to kill a mage, in fact u can kill a mage whit bows, if u like 1 vs 1 and think u need bbh and bh, ok get bbh or bh, but pfm = not frozen whit blizz.. i dont know

the problem is that if u dont use bh/bbh is almost impossible to kill a mage... and if the mage have 2 hands and its 180, even with that its imposible :P

Hence why I did nothing to adjust the hammer weapons, which most warriors use as their main weapon. This is the equivalent of giving Mass Magic Missile a chance to detect invis on direct hit.

boosting one class is the same thing as nerfing the other.

But that's not what is happening lol. Many battle mages use swords, and most normal mages carry fencing weapons too.

As I said before, if you read properly you won't make a mistake and we wont disagree.

Edited by Juno_NH

This issue leads to the same place as the recall whit delay or invulnerability, you want op the bbh build... ok... lead in the game longer than I have, I learned to play by reading a few people on these forums, so here know more than me and should be correct

Hey guys,

Not trying to annoy anyone but listen

I've read way to many posts about different ways on nerfing mages:

-Forbid using mim

-Adding secondary effects to every war weapon (axe strips shields, hammer strips clothes and now suggesting bow and longsword to do something else)

-etc.

This server has already done 2 important things for warriors:

-Adding safe +3 to weapons (which already happened)

-Axe stripping shield

Please do not forget war with items overpowers mage by far.

I disagree Sergio.

Now I propose a new idea to enhance the chase mechanic when warriors are chasing mages.

Very observant, as you see I wrote "enhance", which implies a development, refinement or adding of detail, not changing the basis or fundamentals of any class.

Hey guys,

Not trying to annoy anyone but listen

I've read way to many posts about different ways on nerfing mages:

-Forbid using mim

-Adding secondary effects to every war weapon (axe strips shields, hammer strips clothes and now suggesting bow and longsword to do something else)

-etc.

This server has already done 2 important things for warriors:

-Adding safe +3 to weapons (which already happened)

-Axe stripping shield

Please do not forget war with items overpowers mage by far.

1 Item overpowers mages and that's storm bringer. Disregard that and I completely disagree with your statement, in the vast majority of situations a mage with dk equipment, mp set and hp wand should win against any warrior not using activations. You can learn to fight with MIM, it just takes experience and timing. Those who complain about it want an easy life.

As for "adding secondary effects to every war weapon (axe strips shields, hammer strips clothes and now suggesting bow and longsword to do something else)", lol there are lots of spells that don't have effects and are only damage, and they are never used in pvp! so effectively 100% of mage weapons have effects!

Siementech realised they had ruined the game when they converted to 180 with blizz and bbh. They managed to nerf bbhs hp enough before closing up shop, but never got round to curtailing blizz because at that development stage the servers didn't have enough dark mages to expose mages unexpected hardiness, so at that time it appeared as a glass cannon situation. After that the main development team ceased operations and the status quo was just accepted as it was, server maintenance become priority to continue making money from the game.

...and I'm so glad to see 8 warriors +3'd weapons doing -5's and -7's on boxed mages. Boxes are just places mages wait until their amp comes off and someone blizzes them down. I'm sure adding sleep, FoT, and HF are priceless additions to the warrior community. Lets all wait for the genius who says "but if a warrior has 200 int he can use them too!". Not saying there isn't more warriors could be doing, say carrying axes, bows, and main weapons consistently, but when compared with mages F4spam2ek I can understand why the imbalance is so obvious. "But warriors have crits!" mages have crits as well train 100% skill, and most of the time crits push enemy farther away, totally counter-productive in a chasing scenario. See how a small chance for a sub-group of weapons to cripple temporarily isn't the end of the world? hell, a mage zig/zag walking is hard enough to hit anyway, we just want a chance to catch up and continue fighting. Sometimes when we make progress in society, people can get confused because they think it is unnatural, not the way it was intended. What if what was intended originally is worse than what we can achieve now?

I'm sorry not sorry, but any smart player makes a mage, because as soon as you run from a warrior you have won, there is nothing he can do except follow you.

Edited by Juno_NH

I'm effectively asking for a circle 2 spell to be severely weakened, then added to a weapon, and this community thinks that's a major threat to the balance of this server? all 41 ppl online are at risk hide yo kids!