JingGM

Drop List Suggestion - Changing 1St Drops

1st Drops  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change 1st drops?

• Yes, a change would be nice
    • Maybe, I'm not sure how I feel about this
    • No, we should not change it

Saw a post in White[GM]'s last update topic about a suggestion changing boar/crayfish drops.

So my idea is to re-do the drop list by making certain monsters drop only 1-2 statted armors or weapons. Why? To make people have to hunt specific pits to find certain armors, and hopefully balance the amount of high statted armors in-game. That way, instead of having several monsters drop A LOT of armors, you would have to go to specific pits to find specific armors.

Some ideas:

- Cyclops and Helhounds would only drop Leathers, Blonde Shields, and Esterks

- Crayfish would only drop Platemails and Bastard Swords

- Frosts would only drop Helms (52 Str) and Lagi Shields

- Dire Boars would drop Chain Mails and Lagi Shields

- Hellclaws, TWs, and Dragons would drop everything they currently drop (no change) because they are harder to kill (boss monsters)

- Gargoyles would drop Wings and Horned Helms, and Tower Shields

- Etc.....

Obviously this would probably be different if it were added in, but these are just ideas. Rare drops (2nd drops) would NOT be changed. This topic is just about 1st drops.

What do you think?

All monsters below rudolfs are wood/targe and axes up to double, swords up to scimitar, and ms0

hellhound for berk and claymore. MS10 drops start here

troll for leathers and scooterm shields

cyc for iron shield and fencing weapons

ogre for chain and great swords

beholder for war-axe and scale mail

ice golems for falchions and penut-helms

frost for lagi shield and full helm. MS20 drops start here

stalker for broad/bastard swords and hose

ettin for capes and battle hammers

mg for normal hammers and GIS

werewolf for plates and flames

demon for battle axes and wings helm

gargoyle for black shadow sword and horn helm

other mid level garden/ib/abb creatures have mixed drop lists with lower drop %.

everything higher than gargoyle has chance for all armor and high weapons/shields and ms20

Edited by Juno_NH

no man, clop dont drop hoses and berk?

i dont think so.., sry

Just an example. Why not?

I like the list, Jun! Any more thoughts on this?

its a good idea because pot luck is a bit crap and not everyone is a good trader

also, good traders will hunt more what their customers want now, everyone wins =D

no man, clop dont drop hoses and berk?

i dont think so.., sry

Just an example. Why not?

I like the list, Jun! Any more thoughts on this?

i dont know man, i think a clop drop a hoses or berk its fine

like an icegolem or ww drop a horned

i think drop list its good, to choise i think first i have to see the complete drop list...

Edited by umbrella

Terrible list :(

:(

Everything could work fine if you go back to helbreath classic mode.

Remove crayfish pit from d2. Why a crayfish that is weaker than a clop drops plate and gives 3 times more exp than a ww? Why do we have ww pit for? No sense. WWs hits harder and have great dex.

Make wws, stalkers, mg, ettins clops hunteable once again. Gms could increase drop rate of armors from 7- 28 a 50% more and let ppl build sets to enjoy the game and have some fun. Its not fruity and make ppl hunt more and spend more time hunting for better items. Really theres no fun in hunting 4 hours and get ns hoses, berks, leathers or worse, watching mobs droping pots and gold.

Its just me that feel like a slave playing nemesis? I dont want to spend 1-3 years playing to max an angel +20 and make sword/wand+15. Most of all work and have families now and dont have anymore 10-18 hours a day for hb like in old days. Barely 2-4 hours at night and 4-6 hours on weekends.

I think what made most ppl leave server was:

1 Invul system

2 drop rate (first drop) very bad.

3 second drop (worse) better than first drop. What the heck?

I just dont want to see the Golden era comes when theres only 30-50 ppl online. :(. Have GMs considered a new wipe ?

Remove crayfish pit from d2. Why a crayfish that is weaker than a clop drops plate and gives 3 times more exp than a ww? Why do we have ww pit for? No sense.

Becouse cry fish its a monster whit not respawn in druncian like a clawturtle.

I think like you, actual drop list its ok

and take off invul, back safe and original recall

Edited by umbrella

cray-fish is to collect people for easy raiding, the reward is good (high exp) but the risk is big (easy to be raided/raided often).

brilliant idea to put them in, how many big d2 fights we have purely because a cf raid when bad and whole town got involved lol!

doesn't need the added drops tho I agree, people will go there for the exp alone no problem.

Recall is ok. Perhaps remove invulnerability will increase more and better in game experience.

Uhh. . . Wrong topic?

Servers been up for a few months and already people crying for wipe? Lollolololololol

On topic, if done right that's a pretty good idea. If done wrong it would kill the server, IMO

Just increase drop rate probability for primary drops

Srs.

I thought it would be a vote for first drop rate increasing.

If it was, i would vote yes. Just saying, because probaly a poll like this will never be open.

This whole drop thing by separate monsters will overcrowd the pit with both ares and elvines cause every1 wants to hunt that one specific armor/weapon. The point of having others monsters dropping the same thing is because you can hunt other mobs for the same shit but I know drop rate is effected. Think about it guys...