Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

The Next Big Update, What Do You Want?

The next big update, what do YOU want?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The next big update, what do YOU want?

• PvP Expansion: PvP Tournament System with Ranked PvP and more PvP-like "mini" games.
    • PvE Expansion: Delve deeper into the Golden Era with World Quests to unlock the Golden Dragon and its lair full of secrets.

What do you want to see coming in the next big update?

Do you want to have the PvP tournament system that allows dedicated and properly organised PvP events ranging from All vs All events to even structured Guild PvP Events (which could be 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5, or just X vs X anything is possible!).

Along with that we can have additional types of structured PvP match making such as a Ranking system for different match sizes (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2) which could each be of a different match type (death match, capture the point, capture the flag, ....).

Or do you rather like a PvE expansion that delves deeper into the Golden Era and brings in World Questing where everyone must co-operate in order to complete the quest and fight against the Dragons?

One of the main World Quests that would come along is the Quest to find and defeat the Golden Dragon to unlock access to her secret lair where no human has been ever before... So who knows what's hidden within the lair...

Let us know what you like to see first, and we'll build it all for you !

* PvP Tournament System Main Features

- Utilised virtual maps to organize massive scale PvP Events never seen before with multiple matches and rounds (Single elimination system http://www.draglist.com/images/ts1.gif).

- Expands Map Restrictions with new abilities and choices.

- Allows PvP matches of unlimited sizes X vs X and also All vs All events.

- Introduces three types of matches: Deathmatch (aka normal PvP match, last man standing wins the match), Capture the Point (hold a number of points on the map to reach a fixed score. First to reach the score wins the match), Capture the Flag (break into enemies base to capture the flag and run it back to your base to score. Match can be time or point limited, highest score or first to reach set points wins the match)

- PvP Rankings (for a variety of match making types) making use of the Glicko 2 System to allow dedicated match-making

- Introduces a number of new arenas in different map settings (dirt, grass, hills, dungeons, toh, snow, under-water, ...) for all 3 match types.

- Possibly introduces new currency as reward for winning matches (not sure if introduced, and how, and what the use of it would be - needs thinking along the development process)

* Pve World Questing Main Features

- Introduces a new type of quest "world quest" which can be auto-assigned when entering a specific region within the world (and auto-removed also when leaving the area)

- Introduces quest failures where a world quest could fail to succeed and requires "cooldown" or preparation time to redo it.

- Introduces environmental changes as reward of a quest unlocked doors, opening entrances or spawning portals.

- Introduces a new map "Dragon's Lair"

- Introduces a new monster "Golden Dragon" along with a number of other new monsters (situated in the Dragon's Lair).

- Introduces new NPCs related to the world quests.

- Introduces monster ranks such as "Veteran", "Elite", "Champion", "Legendary", ... which each offer a new level of difficulty to defeat and each having their own powers and weaknesses.

- Introduces advanced monster AI type called "packs" that brings a better experience in monster groups consisting of different monsters which could have different ranks.

- Introduces new items/item abilities to the game.

- Has the foundations for future scavenger hunt events.

- Introduces monster ranks such as "Veteran", "Elite", "Champion", "Legendary", ... which each offer a new level of difficulty to defeat and each having their own powers and weaknesses.

- Introduces advanced monster AI type called "packs" that brings a better experience in monster groups consisting of different monsters which could have different ranks.

I love these points

I would like that could do both, I really liked a lot

I love these points

I would like that could do both, I really liked a lot

Umbrella, both WILL come, but depending on what the community likes more, one will come before the other...

I would advice to make Helbreath a bit easier (more safe) for newbies. Our biggest problem is low amount of people. I was really suprise but there is a lot of new players who just new in HB or came back after years. They are getting killed by old veterans, killed again and again. They get upset and leave.

-disable /monstercount command - very stupid , too usefull for ek-hunters (they just came to map spam /monstercount a bit, and they know if anyone is hunting or not) - so players cannot "hide". Noone hunts ww nowdays, couse after 10-20 min group came and kill them. I uderstand that everyone want's to make hero set, but remembert if it won't gonna change you will be standing with your hero set in wh and looking at server with 50online:)

-I would suggest to change droplist a bit, make some monster more usefull. for example crayfish shoudnt drop plate, they are too easy to kill. Noone hunts wild boars, etc.

To topic: most idea area really cool. Every new update are really welcome and helps server even if it makes it a bit more "fruity".

Regards

Mikura

P.S tamming rox!

Edited by Cuthbert

I would advice to make Helbreath a bit easier (more safe) for newbies. Our biggest problem is low amount of people. I was really suprise but there is a lot of new players who just new in HB or came back after years. They are getting killed by old veterans, killed again and again. They get upset and leave.

-disable /monstercount command - very stupid , too usefull for ek-hunters (they just came to map spam /monstercount a bit, and they know if anyone is hunting or not) - so players cannot "hide". Noone hunts ww nowdays, couse after 10-20 min group came and kill them. I uderstand that everyone want's to make hero set, but remembert if it won't gonna change you will be standing with your hero set in wh and looking at server with 50online:)

-I would suggest to change droplist a bit, make some monster more usefull. for example crayfish shoudnt drop plate, they are too easy to kill. Noone hunts wild boars, etc.

To topic: most idea area really cool. Every new update are really welcome and helps server even if it makes it a bit more "fruity".

Regards

Mikura

P.S tamming rox!

complet agree.

with respect to drops, I think in the classic monsters like ww, cyc, ig, etc, would be good, the killer is the one who sees and can pick up the drop.
Not applicable to wyverns, tigerworms, hc. etc.

love both of them .. it was a hard choice to make.. but i went with pve cause sounded like more rounded of game play that will help pvp in the long run with chance of good places to get good items..

love both of them .. it was a hard choice to make.. but i went with pve cause sounded like more rounded of game play that will help pvp in the long run with chance of good places to get good items..

Visa Versa, the PvP could attract more people to the game... As Juno said before "hunt is driven by desire to gain items to have victory in pvp"...

A ranked PvP system with match making and brackets, if not too hard to code, would be awesome. Kind of like WoW arenas. 2v2s, 3v3s, 5v5s, etc.

A ranked PvP system with match making and brackets, if not too hard to code, would be awesome. Kind of like WoW arenas. 2v2s, 3v3s, 5v5s, etc.

This. Use TrueSkill too and include ELO ratings. http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/

Glicko 2 is an upgrade to the elo rating system. Glicko is more advanced and gives us a better way to determine true power of a player. What elo doesn't take into account for example is the fact if a player didn't play for a while he'd still be high in elo, while Glicko takes care of this and drops you down again if you don't play.

http://www.glicko.net/glicko/glicko2.pdf

Congratulations, that commitment to the players to keep innovating Helbreath nemesis is the reason why I went back to play.

In my view I think the new models can fight monsters will attract new players, as an example in korea Helbreath this green goblin pulling the blizzard think and live in gardens ...

I put new suggestions in Section Seggestions to see if anything interests you, greetings GMS a player happy to return.

Of course, for those who like to fight the tournament system also helps the server PVPS, greetings.

The pvp system will make people stay. But PvE Expansion will attract other players. Therefore, this last option is more complete than the first, which is not bad, but not as necessary.

More people = more fun crusades (eg)

A pvp system is to few. A expacion of pve is for everyone

Think about it

pvp update = more pvp fighting whit the same 30 / 20 ppl....

nothing better than a crusade whit 200 ppl on 300 ppl on

come on! you're a smart guy

The pvp system will make people stay. But PvE Expansion will attract other players. Therefore, this last option is more complete than the first, which is not bad, but not as necessary.
More people = more fun crusades (eg)
A pvp system is to few. A expacion of pve is for everyone
Think about it

If we're to attract new people with the new content... how long will they stay? until bored of that content, which won't be very long... and then they don't stay...

Getting the pvp done first, gives people something to stay for, and it'll possibly also attract other people who just love structured pvp to nemesis... and after that we bring the pve content that will explode everything and attract many others back to the game as well... but then they got a reason to stay after playing through the new content because we got the endless pvp system right there in place for people to enjoy fighting one another.

And with their freshly obtained items from the hunting in the new pve content, they would be staying to try them out in the pvp tournaments to eventually win bigger and better items.