Sign in to follow this  
CajunMojo

Mass Magic Missle

i been hearing for years that the int reg gona be changed for it.. i am still waiting for it to happen.. i still think the INT reg for it is way out the box..

could it be moved to INT req of around 175... cause to me with it being at 185 int req should put it in the other circle.. cause from meteor strike being 169 int and it being 185 is to big of a gap... and it be good for a ViT mage that doesn't want to go that high in int points. so they can use them els where like in Vit.. makes for a good support mage.. and we all know Mass magic missle is a decent spell.. in nem 2 i gotten a few kills with it..

177 int makes for a better character build

but illusion movement would have to be fixed to make it worth while not going to 200 int. 2x2 hitbox for 40 seconds would be plenty, since its only 70 less mp than MIM.

yea thats how i like to build my mage. sence i play more of the support roll then attacker.. i find a blizz mages is good.. but the low vit and regain they get is a lil bit to low for me..

i'll be honest

i think anything above 112 int (i'll go as far as 120 or 123 for CK and LS, even then) and under 195 is a complete waste, ignoring rare spells of course

the spells just aren't viable for builds

why LS when you can EWS or ES

meteor is only useful versus ie necks and maybe to tell if someone is pfm

mmm is the same deal.. incredibly limited usage as is

even then, i'd still prefer EWS or AB because of the extra effects, and the damage is comparable as well, plus a lower mp cost

there's no point in stopping at MMM when blizz/mim are only 10-20 points more, i'm of the opinion that blizz and mim are some of the best support spells when used properly

anyway.. if the spells in that range should be used, there needs to be an overhaul of them. Lowering the INT alone isn't going to change anything.

mim is overkill for a lot of situations, im would be sufficient if it worked for a lower int build with smaller radius/timer but still penetrate pfm.

and yes as gambler said, lower mp cost and int (maybe 167) could start to make a middle ground worth settling at.

yea blizz might be a good support as ya think but you fail to see one thing you gota go 200 mag and 195 int wich leaves you out on vit.. best you can get with 50 dex and 40 str, is about 105 vit wich gives you such low regain.. even with hp set.. but around 130+ vit you get a way better hp regain with or without hp set. and the game is also built around out living your person your fighting.. and to tell ya unless you got godly items.. your gona fall prey to ppl that do.. so the extra vit and regain helps out in the long run.. i ran with a Mass magic missle mage i outlasted many of other mages that were blizz mages in nem 2.. and got kills too.. so if you think that a extra 30 points doesn't help in vit i sry to say your wrong...

if you want that vit so much then go 10 dex with blizz. 195 int 200 mag 30 str gets you 162 vit, 200/200/30 gets you 157. 107 vit is more than enough with 50 dex. If you're going to play 50 dex then you might as well make the most of it, work on equipping M shield + tower immediately after casting to lower the damage you take, then place a short bow+dk wand in the same spot in your bag to switch quicker. If you don't like doing that then why have dex at all? As a vit mage, you can still use wand crits, you can use M shield still, plus you have an extra 50 vit or so out of it. I played a vit mage for ages, I would know.

I don't care how much vit it is, playing an MMM mage just isn't viable as it stands right now. I could play 112 int and have more vit plus the same damage AND either stamina drain or armor break. I could play 200 int and have more damage plus freezing and MIM on top of that. Blizz/MIM are far more useful in a fight than extra 20-30 vitality in any scenario, except if you're a dex mage with blizz fighting a vit mage with blizz in a 1v1. But since we're considering MMM here and not blizz, we can ignore that.

guess you never played a mmm mage befor.. there or many other uses for it that alot of ppl fail to see... it does more dmg then meteor strike.. and has better crit.. they fly further away from ya.. it helps break town shop camps and shit.. yea it doesn't freez but it's dance crit make sup for it.. and 50 dex is important cause if you lack the dex you fall victum to many ppl cause you can't run pass much with just 10 dex... they wont hardly ever miss ya.. and you can't get 100% sheild skill wich is needed for pvp.. if you go into pvp without it your just be a free ek.. cause even a noob will not miss you much.. but also you over look the one thing it's all called prefrance on playing style.. yea you could get more vit with 112 int and 200 mage.. but what ya gona kill noobs? at least mmm can kill lvl 180's if used right.. like i said i ran both vit mmm mage and a blizz mage in nem 2 as a test.. my vit mmm mage did way better in battles then my bliz mage.. if you must know CajunMojo was my blizz mage and CrawFish was my mmm vit mage.. and he was better help in raids etc, wars then blizz got more ek's with him then blizz mage.. reason being he was able to out live where a blizz mage can't and still deal pretty high dmg. cause MMM can do 2x the dmg too.. this coming from testing and knowing on what it can be used for.. plus one other thing.. when solo pvping it does come into play if your good enough to pfa them.. then the crits will make them dance like crazy.. they fly fearhter then they do in blizzz. wich in return keeps them off ya more and not needed to know the aim spot like you do for blizz....

I don't need to play an MMM mage. There is literally no reason to use it over blizzard. It's a novelty spell at best. I know what dex is important for. Truthfully, they're going to hit you whether you have 50 dex or 10 dex. The 100% shield will help reduce the damage taken, and the dex itself will be okay if you have some DR to go with it. You won't be a free EK with pure vit. It all depends on how you play. I played a pure vit mage, dex mage, and even a 104 strength bmage all on the same character. I had both FH mage and warrior and the capes.

I bet I could kill 180s with a 112 int char. Not that I'd be bothering trying to kill them myself if I were playing that kind of character. MMM isn't going to kill even remotely near the same number of enemies as blizz. It's essentially the same thing as a 112 int char with 70+ stat points wasted. If you're good enough to PFA them, then you should be good enough to para/hold person. There are a number of more useful things you could be doing. Para/hold person leads to a lined (or diagonal if you know the spot) blizzard for more damage. You could EWS to drain SP. You could armor break to weaken any statted gear. MMM is just there for slightly more damage than the aforementioned EWS/AB without the added effect. What happens when you're in a 1v1 with someone in an MR set? Are you going to MMM them? No. There's something better to use. There's ALWAYS something better to use than MMM.

I play Cowbell, by the way.