Sign in to follow this  
RUTH

Party Exp

I was playing at ml with my War and having party with my mage at Wh.. I killed ogre and get 10k exp... then I leave party and get 17k... If one of the participants off the map why I recive less exp ???? Its a bug? Its ok??

It is the nature of party. Your individual exp is slightly decreased, while the speed at which you can kill is increased (because you got more people fighting together) which in the end makes your overall exp (experience over a period of time) increased with party.

e.g. Getting 10k exp every 30 seconds killing in party, or 17k every minute killing solo makes it that after 1 minute of time, party earned you 20k, but it came in 2 fractions of 10k while solo you'd only get 17k.

But if one of your members is not fighting, or not participating, or not even on the map, then the overall exp is still divided depending on the number of party members (which is the total number, regardless of their location or actions). So if you're in party with 2, then one leaves, it is better to break it up as you'd be punished for staying in. you only play at 50% (theoretically) of your capacity while the party still considers you fighting full (2 people) capacity.

It's not a bug, it is as-designed and it's perfectly fine as you can always leave party.