Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

New Taming Ideas!

Spawned from talking in the update thread about taming, I came up with some ideas that could open this part of the game up even more!

if you could combine alchemy and taming that would be great, perhaps a Druid class that has medium-high int that requires charisma also and higher summoning abilities (bind taming to summon quality for monsters above cyc), aswell as bonus with making potions and special pots that enhance tamed/summoned creatures.

Charisma, alchemy, and taming are a perfect match really, since 200 chr characters are usually used for lottery tickets, and you always get random rare monster parts and farming items from lottery, which is great for making high alchemy monster potions, and in turn tamers could be enhanced to accommodate more benefits and buffs exclusively for summons/tamed monsters.

Taming could be linked to charisma by the idea that you can "charm" the creatures into joining you, increasing taming chance and max tamed/summoned creature slots. Taming therefore should be linked to chr as its base stat, requiring 50chr for max taming. Also your charisma should makes you harder to hit because people and monsters like you! (small inherent increase mr/dr, slightly increased luck, lucky gold ring effect always active above chr 50). At 50chr tamed/summoned monsters have their normal life expectancies, but for every 1chr point after this their life expectancy increases by 2 seconds extra, resulting in 200chr characters having summons/tamed monsters with double the normal life expectancy (300 seconds naturally, increased to 600 seconds). Also, with increase charisma, the number of summons/tamed monsters you can manage at one time should increase. It is already natural to summon up to 5 creatures at lvl180, but with every 40chr you will gain an extra monster control slot. To further assist charisma characters, every 20 charisma gain 1% chance to have doubled hp/mp/sp/exp on roll (to slightly offset poor regens from low vit/mag @ 200chr and the massive mp required to maintain monsters over time), and 1% drop rate increase per 20 chr (for being lucky =D). These bonus is only applied to the character themselves, not the monsters under their control.

To have this balanced, we will have to have different slot value for different creatures, monsters up to cyc is 1 slot, ogre is 2, demon is 3, and uni is 4. This way a super tamer could have 10 cycs or 5 ogres or 3 demons, but a mage summoner would have 6 cycs or 3 ogres or 2 demons. The main reason uni must be 4 slots is because its paralize is server generated (always hits, though resistible due to low uni mag), and its swing speed seems greater than other monsters, even though it isn't listed as faster in the guide.

These chr bonuses allow for a more balanced character, not having the real advantages of high mag or dex, but not missing out entirely on some of the surviving ability that allows pvp to be possible. If we imagine the archetypal tamer character to be 104 str 50 dex 91 vit 112 int 50 mag 200 chr. This build would allow for plate, dir bow, and GS (with too low hitting prob for pvp, but some use in pvm), and with ability to amp and zerk tamed creatures and use the basic and medium level taming related spells, though not frequently due to mana restrictions. Most effectively used as an assault character, getting up close and using pots to summon ogres uni's and demons, while trying to stay amped and invis'd, unable to absorb much damage or deal any serious physical or magical attacks.

This build is good at building a large group of tamed or summoned creatures quickly, but weak at supporting them for extended periods or giving continuous maintenance that a very high level tamed/summoned creature would require.

A different build could be 40 str 50 dex 117 vit 200 int 150 mag 50 chr. This build trades many tamed/summons for fewer but better supported monsters, giving access to the highest taming spells and rare taming item abilities. Still not being a high Vitter, this would be a less offensive character than most, with a reduced strength blizzard, but hp over 600 able to stay in the battle longer.

Never forget what the sorcerer told you on your first day, if he see's you using magic in a way he see's unfit, he will not stand by!

New spells:

Rally = sets co-ords for monsters under your control to gather by casting spell on that spot. low mp cost.

Guiding hand = quick /tgt macro by casting on player. Useful during a big fight or during sade when no names are shown. maybe can also be used against specific monsters? not sure how to code that. Useful during ambush when all monsters are /hold + invis. low mp cost.

Aether Link = 15D7+10 mp recover on target monster (sounds like a lot, but remember monsters have MS0). medium mp cost.

Life transfer = Restore 1 creature to full hp, sacrifice half your current hp. 1mp cost. medium-high int.

Shared Spirit = 9D12+20 heal, can only be cast on monster. medium-high mp cost.

Marked for Death = Cast on creature before death to take luck roll on summoned undead appearing instead of corpse, bound to caster. Only applicable for Large monsters. 10% chance nothing, 35% chance zombie, 30% chance skeleton, 10% chance liche, 5% chance Vampire (dyed white Sorceress), 5% chance magic tower sorcerer magically appears to put a stop to your unholy activities, 3% chance weak twin warrior, 2% chance weak twin mage. Medium mp cost. Medium Int.

Necromancy = RESURRECT CREATURE FROM CORPSE BEFORE IT DISSAPEARS!!! (spell fails with taming <50%, over 50% taming has 2:1 chance of success, increasing chance by 10% for each 10 skill % above 50) 1 square hit box. Resurrected monster is untamed and hostile to all until tamed. low chance magic tower sorcerer may appear instead and attack you. High mp cost.

Death Clock = Resets a single tamed/summoned creatures expire time. Very high mp cost. More valuable than Necromancy due to no need to re-tame, and existing buffs are not cancelled by death. Can only be used once every 200 seconds (allowing certain chr/mag builds to support 2 high level monsters indefinitely with more vulnerable stats, atleast 100+ chr for 400 second monster life, 180+ int for spell, 150+ mag for mp).

New rare items:

Sacrificial blade (blood dagger) = selected large monsters (stalker, werewolf, MG, ETT, nizie, liche, frost, giant lizard, dark elf, MMO, cent, balrog, demon, uni, GG, HC, TW, wyv, drag, abb) can summon soul reaper (berserk white super-liche or frozen black demon, chosen randomly) upon death. 50 charisma to hold. Weapon proficiency related to taming (100% taming for crits/dash). Must be killing blow to summon soul reaper, if pass luck check. Similar hp/regen limiting as blood weapons. Soul reapers take 2 monster control slots. Soul reapers leave no corpses. Effect always active when item equipped.

Resurrection orb = resurrects all monster corpses on screen (until all characters monster control slots filled, all resurrected monsters become bound to you) (sprite is edited event ball with expanded fishing rod style click Area of effect ability) requires 110 mag to hold. 20 min cool down. animation could be reverse of Mass magic missile.

Abaddon Shard = Black dyed crystal. automatically changes loyalty of Abaddons minions to you when touched (either land hit on you or you hit them), regardless of owner (includes enemy summons/tamed). Monsters tamed in this way have half the normal life expectancy and are immediately critically poisoned because of this unnatural allegiance. Creatures tamed after max monster control slot limit reached lose you as their target and become hostile to all. Activation item (10 seconds) that equips like fist item since user holds conceals in the hand to harness its power. Instantly breaks once used, must be repaired in shop to be used again. Cannot hold for longer than 10 seconds due to immense power, leaves you greatly weakened after using (25% health remaining).

Spectral Vine Whip = Glowing(dk15 glow effect) ms20 wand (bs wand/staff design) that adds spell "Phase Shift" when equipped. 60 minute cooldown. On casting spell caster becomes phase shifted (un-detectable invis) for 40 seconds. Caster is frozen, invulnerable, all spells become disabled and caster cannot be cast on (heal/sp recov, zerk, mim/illusion, and protection spells do not have effect). Caster becomes a conduit for the immense power of Abbadons' essence, feeding all monsters bound to the caster. All of the casters bound monsters have their death clocks reset and become amped & zerked with full hp and mp, and the casters mp and sp is completely depleted in the process. All the casters next regens are nerfed by 90% because of disorientation of being out of phase with reality. Takes effect as soon as spell is initiated, no cast required, auto targets caster and cannot be interrupted. 200 int required to cast. 500mp to cast, though all mp and sp will be set to 0 once cast.

Dragon Harness = Gold beholder neck. Boosts taming by 20% (max taming skill for dragon taming, makes dragon taming possible, temporarily removes control % barrier on ice and fire wyverns only) Tamed dragon fills 10 monster control slots (requires 200 chr) but lasts double the time of normal summon. If 10 slots are not available dragon remains hostile and cannot be tamed. Dragon is slow moving and cannot leave the map it was tamed in, or travel through portal/tp's. Cannot be resurrected by orb. Cannot be Necromancy'd. Cannot be death clocked. Can be affected by phase shift.

Infernia Staff = black/burnt zerk wand. While holding all steps taken become fire/scorched earth, costs 6mp (before mana saving) per step. fire based spells cost 50% less mana. all other spells are full cost.

Blood Sceptre (blood ms30) = All mp cast in spells is converted to hp. When mp runs out, full mp cost is taken from hp (could be hard to code). If casting reduces hp below 0, character dies and drops as if killed.

Edited by Juno_NH

You put too much thought into this, Jun!

I like some of the ideas, even if they aren't all possible. I'll list them tomorrow or another day when I'm not just about to go to bed.

haha thanks mate!

I've tried to think of things that can be stolen and changed from already existing items or spells, but yes some of it might not be possible I know =P

I actually hadn't finished, I came up with a bunch of new potion ideas but the page reset while I was doing some research and it got deleted, oh well!

the new pots were things like adrenaline injection to mix with summon pots that would make zerk summon pots, an alchemy lunch pot that would give same effect as gold karp for regens, and a smoke bomb that would make poison cloud under you for when you're invis but boxed by monsters and want them to move away! could also be used to cheekily free you from para hehehe. how about a clarity tonic to remove illusion/mim and resist it for 30 seconds! =D

I'm impressed! while reading my mind went crazy and at the end I was astonished by the amount of detail into this suggestions and the numerous possibilities.

It does sound very fruity, but when balanced out properly could be very interesting!

Please expand the potion part, I'd love to hear about that.

I changed 50 charisma for my warrior and have 51% taming and all i can say is that its pain in the *censored* to train taming. If something like these do get implented i hope they dont only favor characters with high int and mag.

Although I really like the global idea, I want to make some comments, remarks and additional ideas.

It would be great if you'd comment back on them and eventually come up with alternatives.

1. "charisma should makes you harder to hit" - "small inherent increase mr/dr"

Basically DEX increases DR and MAG increases MR. That is already in-game for decades. I think adding more DR/MR from charisma stat (above 50) is not really needed. Although you make a secrifice in other stats for more CHR I think the lower DR/MR is your sacrifice in order to have more, stronger and better summons to control and certain power items available to you.

Don't underestimate the power of summons, a group of 5 demons will make people run away from you. The chance they fight you when you're surrounded by your summons is actually very small, so your summons are your DR/MR protection already ;)

2. "slightly increased luck"

If that is towards drop rate etc, I'm not in a huge favour of this, because people will then just use CHR chars to hunt but not use their potentional of taming and slaughtering using summons.

3. "lucky gold ring effect always active above chr 50"

This is something I do like, except that I'd rather see something like "increased chance when above 50 CHR". So 200 CHR gives you near 100% (or maybe just the full 100%) while 150 would be less. This way just getting 50 for the lucky ring won't be really "abused" and the real 200 CHR tamers get the full benefit.

4. "1 chr = +2 taming sec, 200 chr = +300 sec -> doubled time"

Not all mobs got 300 sec taming time (Base Time), the times are mentioned in another topic. But there is also bonus time involved if you out-grew the mobs max taming %.

Formula for total taming time is as next: (Base-Time + ((Base-Time / 100) * (floor(Combined-Group-Taming-Percent / Number-of-tamers) - Monsters-max-taming-percent)))

e.g. Slime: 300 base-time, 21 taming, 1 tamer, 100% Taming skill -> Time = (300 + ((300 / 100) * (floor(100 / 1) - 21)) = (300 + (30 * (100 - 21))) = (300 + (30 * 79)) = (300 + 2370) = 2670 sec

e.g. Frost: 300 base-time, 90 taming, 1 tamer, 100% Taming skill -> Time = (300 + ((300 / 100) * (floor(100 / 1) - 90)) = (300 + (30 * (100 - 90))) = (300 + (30 * 10)) = (300 + 300) = 600 sec

Maybe the bonus time needs to be adjusted so it also bases off your charisma?

5. "with increase charisma, the number of summons/tamed monsters you can manage at one time should increase" - "different slot value for different creatures"

This also sounds interesting, I think we should keep the 5 slots at 180 and make cyc hold up only 1 slot and higher mobs take up more slots.

40 chr per slot, so at 50 chr you'd get 6 and at 200 you'd get 10, sounds acceptable if mobs are balanced out properly then.

I think we should have the values behind slot calculations increased. So you'd get 50 slot-points and a cyc takes up to 10 points, while demon takes for example up to 30 points and a barlog up to 33 or something like that.

With such point system to rate mobs, it's much easier to make slight differences in mobs that are close together in power.

Keeping the current multi-tamer system in mind, how would that resolve to it, the combined slots of all tamers as used? A mob that needs 2 slots could use a slot from tamer A and tamer B?

6. "every 20 charisma gain 1% chance to have doubled hp/mp/sp/exp on roll"

You mean chance for the tamed mob to have doubled? or chance for your own regens to double?

In case of mob values, those are already determined when a mob spawns. So taming it and then doubling its max value is possible, but must be decreased again when the mobs turns back to enemy.

In case of player values, 200 chr is a 10% chance right there and 50 is a 1,5% chance. Use an MP/HP set on top and you'll get insta-full from being empty. Needs consideration I think...

7. "1% drop rate increase per 20 chr "

Kinda same a point 2, people would rather abuse it and just got for the rate instead of the full potentional.

And if you would do it, primary, secondary or both?

I would perhaps say the chance for a higher stat is increased?

8. "new spells"

I'd say to have those spells only available/unlocked when you carry a taming whip in your bag. That way people who never use those spells (cuz they don't tame or don't need them) don't see them in the spell book.

I would still require you to take a taming whip in your bag, go to the wizard and buy these spells... but as you mention some of those spells are sort of "unholy" and you'd spawn the wizard to attack or kill you, so having him sell them to you isn't a good idea story-wise then...

Perhaps quests could come in here and have a story attached to them where you dwell into the Dragon's Lair and meet a corrupted sorcerer there and learn the spells... (Just throwing out ideas) - I wouldn't tie this to Abaddon as some of the spells & items you mentioned are against the Abaddon and the only ones against Abaddon are elvine & aresden... so a third character/nation/group should be involved, and dragons are currently being used as a third story-character/group that is against Abaddon and the two Nations.

9. "Guiding Hand"

/tgt always works, having it done spell-wise means you'd be able to "miss" him (see behavior of target spells).

Or would you rather have it so upon click the player at pointer is inspected and a /tgt is sent to target that player?

10. "Life Transfer"

You're aware that a TW or wyvern has thousands of health points? Although they don't regen when tamed, it still is quite a bit of HP while you only sacrifice 50% of your current hp. So if you're near death (100 HP) you'd give up 50 to get it full... but if you're full (600 hp) you'd give up 300hp to get it full.

Perhaps a percentage ratio should be involved so you'd need to sacrifice more HP to get it totally full if it's a big mob (demons, gg, hc, tw, etc...)

Also I think MP should be charged for casting as getting your near-death HC back to full HP makes a huge difference in a fight.

11. "Marked for Death"

I'd call it "Death Mark" instead though. The wizard showing up would insta kill you? A weakened twin would be like a twin with less HP? These spawned mobs are on your side (summoned) so they are weak already due to no regens.

12. "Necromancy"

This one is tricky, the resurrected mob should be in a tamed/summoned state to prevent it from dropping items, but should be hostile to anyone except other mobs.

13. "Death Clock"

You'd cast this on a corpse? or on a living tamed mob to extend its taming time?

14. "new rare items"

Any idea for mobs who'll drop them?

15. "Sacrificial blade"

Why not add this kind of functionality to blood weapons but making the sould reaper only spawn-able if 50chr or higher?

Or you rather like a weapon crit/Dash related to taming skill?

16. "Resurrection Orb"

Highest level corpses first, then lower level corpses? or randomly?

17. "Abaddon Shard"

It has a flaw in it where you'd hit for example a barlog in d4 with max create slots taken, it instantly loses half HP, is critically poisoned and stays hostile (abaddon's side) and still has drops (as it isn't tamed). But perhaps I could make tamed hostile mobs possible, I should look int othat though...

Can only hold for 10 sec, after 10 sec it auto-unequips and puts you at 25% of your max HP? or 25% of your current HP?

18. "Spectral Vine Whip"

For how long are the regens nerfed by 90% (meaning a 90% decrease right?). Amping the summons isn't always the best, sometimes PFA is better when they're being shot by a bow...

This wouldn't be a kind of escape spell I guess (because of frozen), so what would be the use of this? In what kind of situations would you use this particular spell?

19. "Dragon Harness"

Keeping the current taming system in mind you'd still need multiple tamers to do it, and you'd likely tame it unless all tamers are fully occupied with mobs.

Also summons never teleport along with you to anywhere else, nor do they teleport on their own when standing on a teleportation spot.

20. "Infernia Staff"

So you'd leave footsteps scortching (visual dynamic effect) the floor, anyone stepping on it takes damage I guess? Any dices or suggestions towards the amount of damage taken?

That's it for remarks and comments, but I do like to throw in a couple more ideas to think about, maybe you can find some use or ideas that fit in your vision of this suggestions...

- "Call of the spirits" teleports all your summons next to you?

- Summon Teleportation, when you step into a portal/gate that leads to the SAME map, summons move along with you? (this becomes almost impossible when doing it cross-game servers unless ALOT of coding is done as the mob needs to be deleted without visuals in server A and must be spawned in server B)

- "Time Freeze" makes the targetted summoned/tamed mob frozen, while under the effect its clock towards death is no longer ticking. Or a different kind effect could be to make it forzen for X seconds and extend its death time with X% of its initial death time value.

- Infernia-like staffs for other elements (earth, lightning and ice/water)

1. After re-thinking this, I have to agree, the tamer should take some penalty for having these new skills and being slightly weaker due to stat drain in charisma makes sense. Essentially his tamed creatures should be used like a pet, fighting on his behalf while he supports or attacks less powerfully/more fragile than a dedicated warrior or mage.

2. Because you'll be unable to kill as much yourself, I meant increasing your personal luck slightly, but not the tamed/summons luck. This is only an option, its not very crucial to the taming idea so it doesn't have to be included.

3. People already take 50mag for mr/fast cast perks, and dex50 for full shield skill and dodge perks, charisma can have 1 extra monster slot and 10% chance to survive final hit with 1 hp perk. It's not really a used ability in game anyway, and most likely next shot will kill you regardless, but fun mechanic already set up in the game and a little perk for getting 50 chr.

4. When I was writing out the ideas I mostly had solo tamers in mind, but ideally i'd like to see more formula based on chr stat to make it worth while increasing above 50!

5. combined slots would be excellent, and the 100 value base is better than 10 for slot calculations. this is progress!! Ideally i'd like to see only 50chr or higher characters able to summon pot/tame uni/demon or higher as friendly or bound creature. those under 50chr can use summon demon pot but will spawn hostile demon with no drop!

6. still low chance, just over 1% of instant full bar at 50chr if you wearing full set? not fruity since its a total lottery and you have to be fully setted all the time just incase that roll is doubled. if you have 200chr I promise your regens are sucky already, unless you are pure pvm player with low dex. Ok instead of double, how about 1.5x. Another way to balance this is to have penalty for tamed, 1 hp + 1 mp per second to keep 1 tamed under your control (codes like hp poison but also for mp).

7. really more for personal use, not for tamed/summoned monsters, their kills drop as normal (maybe even slightly worse to encourage people to kill for themselves). Only mobs killed by character would be slightly luckier, because player has less personal power since more stat points are in a none combat attribute.

8. I agree with all your points, dragons can be summoning undead army to challenge abaddons power and destroy all elv and ares! Their human servants are gathering too in the depths of the dungeons guarding the entrance dragonia with demonic creatures like demon skels and balrogs.

9. "Guiding Hand"

click the player at pointer is inspected and a /tgt is sent to target that player is exactly what I was thinking, its just much quicker than typing out /tgt and spelling name perfectly, but you will pay small mana cost for the privilege and chance to miss as well, but very hard to be resisted target (but possible)!

10. "Life Transfer"

"percentage ratio should be involved so you'd need to sacrifice more HP to get it totally full if it's a big mob. MP should be charged for casting as getting your near-death HC back to full HP"

Both great ideas to make more balanced.

11. "Marked for Death"

"Death Mark" is good. "Dark Sigil" could also work. Sorcerer would show up definitely attack you strongly, but not instant kill. Strength likr wyvern but no physical attack, and no hp regen. If you can defeat him he is banished back to town and has good chance to drop ms20 wand random stat or random spell book (magic tower spells only), good for selling in shop or saving new mage cost of spell. Question: Do summons regen MP? do tamed regen normally or not at all?

12. "Necromancy"

"resurrected mob should be in a tamed/summoned state to prevent it from dropping items, but should be hostile to anyone except other mobs" < this sounds right to me!

13. "Death Clock"

cast on a single one of your tamed/summoned living mob to reset expiry time, yes. but has to be timer so cannot just keep 5 demons alive forever solo.

14. "new rare items"

Taming drops should all be dropped by dragon faction monsters, undead mobs controlled by dragon power. The dragons appeared shortly before men learned to tame, something must be connecting these events!

15. "Sacrificial blade"

weapon crit/Dash related to taming skill and low dmg weapon like blood dagger so its hard to make group of soul reapers (hard to get the kill with the dagger, down to chance/lucky hit), don't want them to be too easy to get or they will be all over the place.

16. "Resurrection Orb"

Closest corpses to the user, then further out. Character should find perfect spot before he uses, add a little bit of judgement on the part of the character!

17. "Abaddon Shard"

maybe reduce by 50% would be easiest, since its already calculated for X weapon. 50% of current hp depleted and you also become critically poisoned by spirit of abaddon.

18. "Spectral Vine Whip"

Just reduced for the next regen, so 30 seconds? Maybe makes you instantly starving instead could be easier to code. Amp is the highest level protection spell and is magic focussed like abaddon, so is more connected to story, even if it's not useful right in that moment. I didn't want it to be magic version of merien shield, but I wanted it to be highest taming related ability/attack, so it removes tamer from situation and focusses all on the monsters under his command, without allowing him to escape (run away)(reason for sp to be drained when cast and froze), but also he can still walk so shouldn't paralyzed and easy to box while phased out. Ideally used in mass PVP, towards end of tamed/summoned monsters life, rejuvenates them and super charges them for massive power, turning the tide in battle. Since blizz/esw/hf are very effective against grouped mobs, they had to be amp really to give them a real threat, also to prevent freezing mob (really big weakness for slow creatures). ms wands/staffs already look like branch to whip with, fits together so well! just need to remove physical attack, its purely support wand not for whipping people! Only to be dropped by Black/gold dragons and TW.

19. "Dragon Harness"

just basically small item, slightly easier to get, like liche neck, that increases the skill by 20 (maybe increase chr by 20 also or add additional monster control slot), its always easy thinking of new weapon, but trying to add more variety in other areas is just as important.

20. "Infernia Staff"

double the damage of normal fire, and stuns you if you run across/burn your feet. the visual look will be very cool unless its raining haha

- "Call of the spirits" would be great since monsters are very slow movers, sometimes act more like a sade tower.

- Summon Teleportation could clog the teleport spot, better to wait till move out slightly and call spirits instead.

- "Time Freeze" or "monster afk" haha same effect like afk, stops all tickers.

- water staff would be very easy to code, just water steps from rain in path, makes square slippery, knocks out of it like MMM direct hit, esw sprite can be used for earth staff and follower loses sp if he steps there within 3 seconds, lighting rod would cause electricity to burst around player randomly (chance to lightning strike without casting, targeted on item holder, more likely to happen as time elapses since last strike, or more steps are taken, raining in map doubles chance), ice needle creates cold aura around caster (ig attack swirl) if standing still for more than 10 seconds (chance to freeze/stun/dmg)

Edited by Juno_NH

I changed 50 charisma for my warrior and have 51% taming and all i can say is that its pain in the *censored* to train taming. If something like these do get implented i hope they dont only favor characters with high int and mag.

For warriors a Bound Fate skill will cause any enemy you PHYSICALLY attack (not including bow) to be attacked by your monsters automatically, also damage to you will be shared with your monsters also, spreading it out (however you can die before your monsters if they are of higher hp than you), as will being froze/poisoned/illusioned (luck check to temporarily turn bound monsters neutral or even hostile!). Bound Fate requires 104 str. Maybe activated by wearing training boots?

However healing you and your regens will not heal your monsters aswell haha. they also won't share your pfm/zerk.

11. Summons or tamed mobs have no MP or HP regen at all.

18. It's not what's easier to code, anything can be coded, it's a matter of making choices and balancing it properly.

With that idea, there must be a way to keep track of your summons also because you need to know when they're about to die so you use the whip at the right time.

19. True, adding a fixed 20% into taming makes it quite useful actually and a much desired item by tamers. Having it would allow GG to be tamed on your own, making you more powerful.

20. Making it visually cool is a challenge here, many of the ideas you mention require only coding and no graphical changes. This would be one effect that needs some designing.

I'd rather have it burn you as burning is one of the effects scheduled to be added to fire spells.

Instead of keeping it to staffs we could devide this and have a staff, a hammer, an axe and a long sword maybe?

Infernia Staff: Scortches the earth that burns the enemy if he walks/runs over it.

Ice Axe: Freezes the earth and freezes the enemy if he walks/runs over it.

Lightning Hammer: Electrifies the earth and stuns the enemy (for 1 sec) when he walks/runs over it.

Earth Sword: Cracks the earth that drains SP and breaks the enemy's armor if he walks/runs over it.

These last ones sound like really fruity actually lol...

God I'd love to see this Druid class. I played HB Redemption a long time ago where they used charisma for a Priest class (new spells etc).

I've always thought it silly how charisma is an unused stat, and even now that it is being somewhat used with taming, I feel like this Druid class would really bring it home.

ya super fruity white haha!

but a really interesting creativity challenge to think about, and really imagining those things in the game is the fun part.

and mages do spend a lot of time running/being chase, it would add a new dynamic to the game, like introducing a 3 or 4 square dash, instead of 2 square. HAX! CROSS SCREEN DASH ATTACK!

the best ek assistant would be dark elfs, getting them into useful pvping maps is the hard part tho.

Would there be a way to see health bars/timers like you can for groups/parties?

About hp bars & timers, possibly yes, questions is: where to put them on-screen! I got the feeling there is almost no room left to put things.

you guys insane to white all this stuff.. my eyes!!!

Black demon OMG!! I cant imagine that!!! Vapires, druides, sorcceres!

All ideas just great!! Can add Reputation and Contribution on Taming??

Bars: Maybe if you open F5 u can select there another window to be opened with bars ... or we need to make HB 1024x720...or 3D! hahha

About hp bars & timers, possibly yes, questions is: where to put them on-screen! I got the feeling there is almost no room left to put things.

2 sets of bars, 1 for party, 1 for tamed/summoned, switch between them!

to be honest I rarely use all party member hp/mp/sp preview, only look at the tankers one. is there way to close ones you don't need and only keep 1 window open?

also summon pots make summons not tamed? since no more safe zones exist, can't get summon to kill "safe" player, can we make summons act like tamed now and give exp (ek in future!) from kills? =D

easy way to defeat tamer, spam summon creature on him so he can't tame or summon pot use! EZ!

exp & ek from summons and tamed creatures should be 50 chr. when summons have same benefits as tamed you will see many more alchemy characters

how about making quality of player cast summons linked to charisma as well? higher chr characters can summon tentacle 50, troll 100, ogre 150, werewolf 200.

taming should also drain sp, you can just spam click no problem, 5sp every attempt would make sense =]

Edited by Juno_NH

OK even better idea, and much more simple.

New bs whip:

Combat Whip (Battle Whip or War Whip also good) = When using on enemy player, automatically sets /tgt command on this player. When using on wild monster, automatically sets /assist command targeted on this monster. When using on ground square, automatically sets /goto or /moveto command on these co-ordinates for your creatures (walk, not tp!). When using on player owned monster, automatically sets /hold on player owned monsters, using again on player owned monster will set /free.

Optional future command - when using on yourself, automatically kills last tamed/summoned creature under your control.

This whip cannot tame.

level 120 required to use. 50 chr required to use.

This will make monster control 100% easier for tamers, and can be easily implemented with minimal coding!! Just dye a whip orange, red, or black, and make it cost 5k.

Edited by Juno_NH

OK even better idea, and much more simple.

New bs whip:

Combat Whip (Battle Whip or War Whip also good) = When using on enemy player, automatically sets /tgt command on this player. When using on wild monster, automatically sets /assist command targeted on this monster. When using on ground square, automatically sets /goto or /moveto command on these co-ordinates for your creatures (walk, not tp!). When using on player owned monster, automatically sets /hold on player owned monsters, using again on player owned monster will set /free.

Optional future command - when using on yourself, automatically kills last tamed/summoned creature under your control.

This whip cannot tame.

level 120 required to use. 50 chr required to use.

This will make monster control 100% easier for tamers, and can be easily implemented with minimal coding!! Just dye a whip orange, red, or black, and make it cost 5k.

Fantastic Idea! I like everything except the 50 chr part =P. 30 or something pls :DD

How hard would it be to code hp bars ontop of a monster being attacked? And possibly for tamers, small numbers under the monster countin down? Or even on the name?