Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Game Update 05/10/2013 At 09:00 Am

5/10 we'll be performing a schedule maintenance to update and resolve a couple of issues that currently existing within nemesis.

The updating will commence around 9 AM server time and should only take up to 15 minutes to have all sorted out (update files, backup database, build new client, distribute new updater config, etc etc...)

What'll be changed/updated?

- Civilians can no longer tame monsters of their enemy. (they still can tame normal mobs in pits or mobs that roam around the map)

- Guards will no longer be pussies and become a runner or two-step runner. They'll always fight you face-on.

- Guards will no longer be physical-over-magical attacking but have an increased chance to be rampaging.

- Nizie and Minotaurs have both been moved one genetic pool up which now makes them drop MS20's instead of MS10's and they also have a chance to drop Scale mails, knight shield, tower shield, helm and full-helm.

- Stone & Clay Golems now have a chance to drop Scimitars.
- Rudolphs, Hellhounds and Giant-Frogs now have a chance to drop Broad Sword.
- Cyclops, Trolls, Beholders, Cannibal-Plants, DireBoars, Giant-Plants and Tentocles now have a chance to drop Board Sword, Bastard Sword and Claymore.
- Orges, WereWolfs, Stalkers, Dark-Elfs, Ice-Golems, Claw-Turtles and Giant-Crayfishes now have a chance to drop Bastard Sword.
- Corrected price of Wizard Hat and Cap in the shop list.
- Corrected attack speed of Pick Axe in the blacksmith list.
- Fixed a bug where giving part of a stack of items (Gold, Nuggets, etc...) to someone with a full bag causes you to lose the given amount.
- Changed Party Behavior: Movement is now updated consistently every 5 steps taken by any party member. (used to be every 30 seconds outside 20x20 range and instantly inside 20x20 range or the player) [other details such as hp/mp/sp/exp etc update time remains unchanged at every 30 seconds].
- Fixed a bug that prevented players below max level from taking Hero pieces.
- Fixed a bug where the tile owner was not always cleared properly and caused the coordinate to bug/behave abnormally until it is no longer within the viewport. (anti WH spot bug and anti aresden d1 trap due to bug abuse)
- Changed guild teleport during crusade so it no longer grants invulnerability upon teleport.
- Changed Invulnerability so it is no longer given upon disconnect and only upon logout (anti puller).
- Fixed a bug in the Invulnerability buff server changing where it ALWAYS applied the buff disregarding the fact that you have been hit previously or not.
- Changed Invulnerability so it is no longer given upon Restart (after death), this way you get invulnerability buff upon first recall made from resurr/farm/jail.
- Fixed Recall pad change: Upon recalling when standing on your chosen recall pad (or within 2 coords) you will automatically teleport you to another random recall pad. (anti recall pad boxing)
- DK Retaking now also costs Gold. The cost is equal to half of the DK item's shop price (= same as repairing it). (anti retake cheap DK instead of repair)
- Mobs killed by summoned or tamed npcs now have a primary drop chance
- Mobs killed by indirect player or npc damage (such as poison clouds, fire fields, ice storm, ...) now have a primary drop chance.
- Mobs killed by summoned or tamed npcs or by indirect player or npc damage now take the owner's (if they are players) gold and drop bonuses into account on secondary drops.
- Spells can only be self-casted while being Invulnerable.
- D3 and D4 all-mob quests have been limited to only be repeatable every 3 hours. (Quest balancing)
** Please note that any changes or updated mentioned above are subject to change or not make it completely into the game aswell as additional update could make it into the game, in such case this list will be updated later on.

I dont stand the point on this 3 :

Mobs killed by summoned or tamed npcs now have a primary drop chance

- Mobs killed by indirect player or npc damage (such as poison clouds, fire fields, ice storm, ...) now have a primary drop chance.
- Mobs killed by summoned or tamed npcs or by indirect player or npc damage now take the owner's (if they are players) gold and drop bonuses into account on secondary drops.
Tamm skill for me would not exist anymore , its a easy train and no need guild for this hunts so in my point of view this destroy part of game.
cheers!

nice changes, however i think that one important thing to modify is the invul when coming out of buildings.. it makes no sence on having it if we keep the safe in the TPs, it makes eking on the city almost impossible.

@dama: If taming is so powerful, then why isn't it used in raids or big hunts... adding this change to it will make it far more interesting to go out and hunt with a bunch of tamers. It's not like having 5 demons you'll go a whipe an entire HC pit, you need power, dedication, healing and dicipline to get that done with tamers.

@letrita: We're making this change, but that idea is to also remove safe zones in town at one point where the changes in this or a next update are sufficiently stable and proven working so that recall pads don't get boxed. The no invul on restart should aid towards this, but we want to see it in effect first.

@cor3a: easy-ek won't go on. Work for your EKs and stop being lame and box people who can't even react upon spawning. There is no skill involved into getting such EK, only numbers a square and a simple mind is involved.

@letrita: We're making this change, but that idea is to also remove safe zones in town at one point where the changes in this or a next update are sufficiently stable and proven working so that recall pads don't get boxed. The no invul on restart should aid towards this, but we want to see it in effect first.

before removing safe , you still need to fix somehow the problem with a big summon preventing u from aiming urself after casting recall spell

@cor3a: easy-ek won't go on. Work for your EKs and stop being lame and box people who can't even react upon spawning. There is no skill involved into getting such EK, only numbers a square and a simple mind is involved.

^AGREE

@aengis, the big summons is one thing, we did a couple of changes that should also aid towards the issue such as the recalling to another recall pad when using recall again when you're at your recall pad. And also the invulnerability is theoryetically "extended" as before we'd see people restart and get invul for 15 sec, by the time they recall from revival zone they got maybe 2~3 seconds left on their timer and die on the recall pad where they spawn. While now there is no buff on revival zone after restarting, and your buff starts counting from the moment you arrive at your recall pad, so you'll get a full invulnerability buff.

@aengis, the big summons is one thing, we did a couple of changes that should also aid towards the issue such as the recalling to another recall pad when using recall again when you're at your recall pad. And also the invulnerability is theoryetically "extended" as before we'd see people restart and get invul for 15 sec, by the time they recall from revival zone they got maybe 2~3 seconds left on their timer and die on the recall pad where they spawn. While now there is no buff on revival zone after restarting, and your buff starts counting from the moment you arrive at your recall pad, so you'll get a full invulnerability buff.

ok, but if u are in a box with no chance to move out of there because u cant target urself the recall spell (because the big summon behind you blocks the vision), there is no diference between having 3 secs invul or 30 min.... you cant move or attack

ok, but if u are in a box with no chance to move out of there because u cant target urself the recall spell (because the big summon behind you blocks the vision), there is no diference between having 3 secs invul or 30 min.... you cant move or attack

True, but you can aim behind a cyclops or clay/stone golem. You just need some secs to get the right point where to aim though, that's true. But same applies right now, people can still make summons on the recall pad and box you... Summons will have to kill you because now players can't.

True, but you can aim behind a cyclops or clay/stone golem. You just need some secs to get the right point where to aim though, that's true. But same applies right now, people can still make summons on the recall pad and box you... Summons will have to kill you because now players can't.

well, its a bit harder for summons to kill you, since you can fight them back wthout getting a blizz on ur head.

if you fail the aim at recall, you are done, free ek to them (without the safe)

that is why i asked for some kind of fix ( no idea this time) to the big summons on city.

@dama: If taming is so powerful, then why isn't it used in raids or big hunts... adding this change to it will make it far more interesting to go out and hunt with a bunch of tamers. It's not like having 5 demons you'll go a whipe an entire HC pit, you need power, dedication, healing and dicipline to get that done with tamers.

Well some players used to do big hunts at BF and some not (cuz no drop) , tamm in raid? and no get ek?? we are fighters no skillers ! Tamm its just used for a baby crys when are boxed for summons or some like that or just apear strangers Civilian and start to tamm all the tgts or box . i gonna putt to you a challenge now , if the ppl start to do tamms and get massive items and no 1 fighting i will quit and give you my char and all my items.

@letrita: We're making this change, but that idea is to also remove safe zones in town at one point where the changes in this or a next update are sufficiently stable and proven working so that recall pads don't get boxed.

safe zones are proven working for 10 years.

@letrita: We're making this change, but that idea is to also remove safe zones in town at one point where the changes in this or a next update are sufficiently stable and proven working so that recall pads don't get boxed.

they've also proven shit talking is at its best with them... for 10 years... and I dislike shit talking cuz you're a free ek and your mommy is so fat that she wouldn't fit in a wyvern. (I'm just joking, shit talk is the worst, don't take my words I just said seriously lol).

Back to being serious, shit talking is something that annoys me alot and removing safe zones gets rid of that. Besides shit talking, invulnerability brings also other things to the game which I like, such as anti-free-ek from boxing wh & shop as well as anti-mass-summon-rape in d2 at safe zones (cuz there is no safezones !)

they've also proven shit talking is at its best with them... for 10 years... and I dislike shit talking cuz you're a free ek and your mommy is so fat that she wouldn't fit in a wyvern. (I'm just joking, shit talk is the worst, don't take my words I just said seriously lol).

ALL this desperate uphill struggle to get invulnerability accepted is because of shit talking? I can think of 3 better solutions right here.

• Don't read it
  • Unlearn the language they are shit talking in so you CAN'T read it.
  • /tooff

Seriously though the logic just isn't there for me: Problem with shit talking --> replace safezones with invulnerability. They seem like two unrelated things.

Anyone who shit talked before shit talks today, that hasn't changed. However gameplay has taken a significant blow due to it.

ALL this desperate uphill struggle to get invulnerability accepted is because of shit talking? I can think of 3 better solutions right here.

• Don't read it
  • Unlearn the language they are shit talking in so you CAN'T read it.
  • /tooff

Seriously though the logic just isn't there for me: Problem with shit talking --> replace safezones with invulnerability. They seem like two unrelated things.

Anyone who shit talked before shit talks today, that hasn't changed. However gameplay has taken a significant blow due to it.

I'm a GM, I see all chats, so /tooff is not an option, having all shit talking inbetween makes it hard to read real questions.

99% of shit talking occured when people stood in safe zones in ML and shit talk their enemy all day long without fighting... So I removed safe zones and 99% of shit talking is gone now.

The majority not accepting invulnerability are against it because they can't get easy-ek anymore from boxing WH or shop. The others who have issues with it mainly address them and solutions are made for them, the restart, the self-cast, the sade teleport, etc etc etc...

I will keep making adjustments to invulnerability for as long as issues keep occuring, intended or unintended behavior of the ability will just be corrected. Going back to safe-zones and removing invul from the game I will only do under 1 condition: for every shit talker in-game that says 1 word that comes near shit-talking I get the right to perma ban him.

So if you agree on my condition, i'll revert the change.

nice job!

mmm..... now people cant pull? All players use pull-cable here. I think it's legal cuzc you cant prove nothing. We report 200 times POSEIDON for example, he never stop pull cable lol, like 5 times for day =/.

I still think it was better with no safe zone, it's either kill or be killed, you wanna afk, do it inside the buildings, easy as pie. As for pulling cable, it's still happening, and it's frustrating when someone does it.

Sign in to follow this