Sign in to follow this  
makath

Remapping Insert Key W/ Ahk

I am having trouble remapping keys in hb with ahk. Trying to remap broken insert/delete keys and was hoping someone could tell me whats wrong with my script.

as follows:

^x::Insert

^z::Delete

Also the rules do allow for this type of function right?

Thanks for any help

Say no to less awkward and shorter hand movement distances. Say yes to carpal tunnel.

Carpal tunnel sucks. Been dealing with it for six months already.

Lesson: Don't use the computer for hours without at least standing up and stretching every once in a while!

Say no to less awkward and shorter hand movement distances. Say yes to carpal tunnel.

Carpal tunnel sucks. Been dealing with it for six months already.

Lesson: Don't use the computer for hours without at least standing up and stretching every once in a while!

It's usually more to do with bad posture than repetitive use. I switched to Dvorak 3/4 years ago, while also re-learning how to type properly, and it helped me. Then I had problem with mice... I've tried out so many mice, from the $10 to the $200, and very few don't hurt my right hand. And now I'm back to a $15 mouse that doesn't make me feel as bad as my tucked-away Razer Ouroboros.

The keys used after remap are arbitrary. I can remap ins/del to pgup/pgdn or something near the original position. I just want to overcome a broken hardware issue because its very hard to escape from some deadly situations while mouse chugging. If its that big of a deal i can go buy an external keyboard for my laptop... I was just trying to save $20 since there is an obviously easy and simple solution with AHK.