Sign in to follow this  
FedeD

Suggestions/bugs

1. Increase gold drop rate and quantity on all mobs (most gold is gotten from selling/quest rewards)

2. Make it so that it is possible to take both solo/party quests at the same time (solo count would stop when you are in

party mode to prevent abuse.

3. On party quests, kills dont count as progress unless u dmg the mob, wich hinders mages on party quests where all they do

is support warriors (dont know if happens all the time).

4. Raise EXP gains, it is too hard to gain unless gotten from quest rewards. I would increase it by 150%, making quests

still a convenient and faster option for EXP, but making mobs more decent as well.

5. As you lvl your guild, it's hard for only 2 people to control that many members. My suggestion is as follows:

On guild lvl 3, make 2 guild leaders (and commander) allocations, guild lvl 4 gets 3 guild leaders and commanders; and so on.

6. Add timestamp (servertime) to every chat, this will help players with attending events.

7. Dash attack doesnt work with ctrl+A (still have to press ctrl).

Edited by WhiteFang

- I think gold is meant to be this hard to get, encouraging quest.

- On party quest, mob kill count whether you damage it or not.. You are getting party bug, if it doesn't. Relog, reparty, solved.

- Raise exp gains? What? Exp is good enough.. find a decent pit or party if not..

- What would you gain from having more of those ranks? Its just a title. They dont have any special features unless you buy it, and they are already expensive for 1. Learn to manage a guild, and dont get jerks inside of it..

- Fly attack? You mean Dash attack? It has been always done while pressing ctrl, if you talking about something else, say it properly.

- I think gold is meant to be this hard to get, encouraging quest.

- On party quest, mob kill count whether you damage it or not.. You are getting party bug, if it doesn't. Relog, reparty, solved.

- Raise exp gains? What? Exp is good enough.. find a decent pit or party if not..

- What would you gain from having more of those ranks? Its just a title. They dont have any special features unless you buy it, and they are already expensive for 1. Learn to manage a guild, and dont get jerks inside of it..

- Fly attack? You mean Dash attack? It has been always done while pressing ctrl, if you talking about something else, say it properly.

Please be patient with me for I have not played for long.

What I found about parties is the following:

Mostly, the efficiency with which one person kills mobs alone is greater than that of a group of people, making exp gains suffer significantly when in party. The EXP suggestion was made because d3/d4 questing is an unparalleled method of gaining EXP, which logically demotes other methods of EXP gaining.

edit: Oh and GLeaders have GMaster powers.

Edited by FedeD

1. All the gold has been eaten by the Dragons... we can't return it, I'm afraid to face the Golden Dragon :( You'll have to do with picking up items and selling them to shop and completing quests...

2. Sounds like a good idea, yet that would also involve that you wouldn't be able to progress for example body-part collecting when you're in a party. Although there is no party equivalent of collecting body parts, it is marked as a solo-quest. And blocking solo-quest progression while in party causes this particular situation which is an unwanted behavior.

Besides, if doing it for solo-quests, the same should be applied to Guild and Town quests, but once again we face the issue that you wouldn't leave guild to play a solo quest, and I'm not even talking about town, that's even completely impossible.

That's the reason why we've chosen for the mechanic to exclude the quests out, so you can't have the solo + party active atonce, exactly to prevent abusing it as well as prevent the issues that come along when blocking out one-another (no solo progression when in party etc...)

3. Certain quests require mage support. e.g. killing a TW with your party/guild is a huge task, it can't be done without supporting mages. That's one of the reasons why anyone holding the quest can make the other guy progress even if he only supported the party. This obviously leaves open the possibility for party members to AFK, but then once again you're free to accept or deny people to join your party.

4. Exp is unchanged vs what we had in neme2... nobody complained there. You're likely coming from a fruity server where you get 180 and 10k majestics by killing a slime in beginners zone. That's not what nemesis is like, and that's not what we're aiming for. Our goal is to sustain a server that can last for years, not for 3 days.

Regarding the exp and party, there is a 20% exp bonus for every party member in the party. 2 people killing an ogre at the same time without party will again LESS experience than when it's done in party. To make this example into values let's take some fake numbers into this:

Killing 1 Ogre grants 1000 exp.

Player A gets 1000 exp from killing it.

Player B gets 1000 exp from killing it.

If they party up, a 20% exp bonus is granted to the party devided along members and a 10% bonus for the killer himself.

Player A kills the Ogre, each party member except the killer gets (1000 + ((1000 / 100) * 20)) / 2 exp = (1000 + 200) / 2 exp = 1200 / 2 exp = 600 exp, player A gets (600 + ((600 / 100) * 10) exp = (600 + 60) exp = 660 exp.

At the same time Player B kills another Ogre, once again each party member except the killer gets 600 exp and the killer gets 660 exp.

At that point, player A has gained 660 + 600 exp = 1260 exp!

And player B has gained 600 + 660 exp = 1260 exp!

TADA! you gain more exp when in party than when you do solo. To be exact, a 26% bonus was granted here.

Now you will counter my example saying that both players will kill the same ogre, so only gain half the exp.

That's true, but they kill that ogre TWICE AS FAST... meaning that in the same time they take to kill an Ogre solo, they can kill 2 Ogres (or even more!) together.

Which in the end also yields a higher experience gain because in the same time they take to kill a single ogre solo, they can kill 2 ogres together, also getting about 1260 exp each (if the 2 ogres got killed twice by player A, player A would gain 660 + 660 exp = 1320 exp and player B only 600 + 600 exp = 1200 exp)

5. As you up your guild, you gain access to more ranks. It's not only leaders or masters who're in command of things, but also Guild Commanders can perform such tasks. It's a matter of assigning them to the right people to give orders and hold the group together. In original helbreath and even early nemesis 2 we've seen guild masters lead a guild of 200+ people... I don't see the problem here to needing more ranks. The amount of guild players who can hold a high rank is very limited because the impact of the unlockable abilities (sade commander/tp/build and held flag planter) is yet unknown as there never were sufficient players in nemesis2 to make a large-scale test on this. When tests prove that the need of more ranks is required, we will evaluate this and try to measure the impact on the game as good as possible.

6. /showservertime already shows you the current time...

7. It's always been like that, hold CTRL to dash people.

In the other hand tho, I would say this looks like HB nemesis easy mode.

-Quests enable you to get way to high exp

-If you go in a 16 man party you can finish quests so easly that seem OP and feels "abusable"

-Invulnerability mode

-All weapons can be safely upgraded to +3

-All armors can be safely upgraded to +3

etc.

la gente no quiere laburar, quieren el angel rapido, el oro rapido, los ekas rapido...... gente.... si les gusta Helbreath jueguen y dejen de romper las pelotas...

In the other hand tho, I would say this looks like HB nemesis easy mode.

-Quests enable you to get way to high exp

-If you go in a 16 man party you can finish quests so easly that seem OP and feels "abusable"

-Invulnerability mode

-All weapons can be safely upgraded to +3

-All armors can be safely upgraded to +3

etc.

yeah, by questing in d3/d4 you can get a lot of exp in a small party (better than any pit), in a party of 10+ its extremely fast.