Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Giant Frogs

Couple suggestions about Giant Frogs:

- Add them to the "Summon Creature" spell at 100% Magic (if possible, without removing anything else). They are not overpowered, and have no magic, so it would feel like a stronger Skeleton.

- Add more to the Elvine ML pit. When I played in HB Nemesis 2 after the two Frog pits being added to ML, it was nearly impossible to train at any good kind of pace in the Elvine side because of the nature of the cliffs and big area of the frogs. Add 2-4 and it should be a very good mid-level speed pit to train in (at level 180 or lower).

- Add them as a random spawn to D2/D3. They don't hurt that much, but would make leveling in those places a little more fun.

- Give them a single armor statted drop - either Hauberk or Chain Hose. Make them more useful to fight!

I like ! and if u add the berk or hose, please find another mob that drop the opposite armour. ? Rudolphs or do they already drop both?

Their power can be compared to rudy, so perhaps adding giant frogs to the rudy drop pool would be acceptable.

Making them drop either of them gets a little harder, there is no real "purpose" on doing it, so I'm not going to change the drop pools just for that purpose.

Those frogs become quite annoying for low-levels and when they're in big groups. But I can see the idea of some random frog spawns around D2 and ML-mines as they fit the setting of the map. Where as for D3 or D4 they don't fit the setting accordingly (lava instead of water-ish environment).

Likely we'll see them return in Middleland Mines Lv2 later on in the Golden Era.

Couple suggestions about Giant Frogs:

- Add them to the "Summon Creature" spell at 100% Magic (if possible, without removing anything else). They are not overpowered, and have no magic, so it would feel like a stronger Skeleton.

- Add more to the Elvine ML pit. When I played in HB Nemesis 2 after the two Frog pits being added to ML, it was nearly impossible to train at any good kind of pace in the Elvine side because of the nature of the cliffs and big area of the frogs. Add 2-4 and it should be a very good mid-level speed pit to train in (at level 180 or lower).

- Add them as a random spawn to D2/D3. They don't hurt that much, but would make leveling in those places a little more fun.

- Give them a single armor statted drop - either Hauberk or Chain Hose. Make them more useful to fight!

i saw you doing 1 or 2 hrs of hunt of frogs at neme 2 :P still looking berk hp? xD

FYI: Frogs have been in the same gen-level as hellhounds (which drop berk & chain hose) since v5.35 ...

My patch notes say:

Giant-Frog (Added v5.35 patch 3 - 04/08/2011)

So it's been in for 2 years already !

Agree with Giant Frogs = Rudi. They're slightly easier to kill for warriors, and frustrating for mages (long-range attack). Isn't there a frog pit somewhere in the dungeons?

Their power can be compared to rudy, so perhaps adding giant frogs to the rudy drop pool would be acceptable.

Making them drop either of them gets a little harder, there is no real "purpose" on doing it, so I'm not going to change the drop pools just for that purpose.

Those frogs become quite annoying for low-levels and when they're in big groups. But I can see the idea of some random frog spawns around D2 and ML-mines as they fit the setting of the map. Where as for D3 or D4 they don't fit the setting accordingly (lava instead of water-ish environment).

Likely we'll see them return in Middleland Mines Lv2 later on in the Golden Era.

huh did i read this right MLM Level 2???? :O