Sign in to follow this  
ufoliarkin

Not Sure That I Like "corrupted".

At least I don't like it for "including this in the live game as drops". Yea doing that from donation items is a good thing, but what happens when we actually find something worthwhile, and it's corrupted? I don't want my effort to pay off for a week or two....

I agree with that, i don't like corrupted also very much. Without it, it would be perfect but if GM-s need those in game then they should lower the drop rate on corrupted items more.

I feel both ways.

In a way, I don't feel it so terrible. Given that they drop frequently (for now, maybe they get adjusted) and given they vanish within 2 weeks mostly, a player maybe able to build a temporary set. Due to the fact that they will dissapear, I think people wouldn't mind dropping them, meaning players will be less constrained to go out and fight at any situation. You could be not carrying a zem with those items and, imo, you wouldn't care about those items.

It could help boost pvp action in a sense.

On the other hand, It would be frustrating getting a decent drop and being it corrupted.. It would take away the fun of getting a nice drop as Snowball said.

As quest reward they could fit quite well I guess.

Yeh don't like em also, takes all the fun away from looting a armor drop.

I suggest add them to quest reward or cash shop but not into drop list :(

+1

I like the feedback, keep it comming.

Also I'd like some additional feedback about this:

What if we introduce an item to extend the duration of the corruption. So if you get a 2 week item, and use this item on the drop you got, you can for example extend it for 1 week so it lasts 3 weeks. Use another of this extension item and it'll last 4 weeks...

How would you feel about this?

I just don't like corruption all together. Sure it's good for the donation shop items, but it's hard enough to get decent stuff on nemesis without having to worry about it being temporary. Those time extenders might break the rares you will be selling also. (And they don't make me like corruption any more)

white, i just dont like the idea of corrupted items being drop by normal npcs, the only utility i can find to them is for the rares in the market place

I just don't like corruption all together. Sure it's good for the donation shop items, but it's hard enough to get decent stuff on nemesis without having to worry about it being temporary. Those time extenders might break the rares you will be selling also. (And they don't make me like corruption any more)

+1

Not really against it, but it would be much better to people who play to get permanent items... If it's nessecary then you should lower the drop rate to them, but those "corrupted" items just dont fit in :)

My opinion.

Sincerely

Splitfire

Edited by Splitfire.

I havn't played along with the corrupted as I don't play the beta. But the sounds of it I really don't like the idea. For me it gives no sense to have around.

But I like how corrupted items worked on HBworld.

-rep worked for corrupted (kloness)

+rep worked on normel (kloness)

But thats another game type so I don't think it would fit well into nemesis

I havn't played along with the corrupted as I don't play the beta. But the sounds of it I really don't like the idea. For me it gives no sense to have around.

But I like how corrupted items worked on HBworld.

-rep worked for corrupted (kloness)

+rep worked on normel (kloness)

But thats another game type so I don't think it would fit well into nemesis

It's now how corrupted works in nemesis.

In nemesis the Abaddon has been giving items to his minions for decades. Since the rise of the dragons one Era ago items started to decay and became corrupted. They got corrupted to their core that they will vanish to dust after a certain date has passed.

TL;DR: Corrupted items in nemesis are items that get deleted automatically at date X and time Y.

Yeah I just got to play 30min in scorp pit. Got 10+ corrupted items all useless. Corrupted should only work on 'rares' 2nd drop. If u use this method people that goes on vacation/ taking a break. Will loose all their items if they not get a friend to refresh them ?

I say you should go back to have normel items only for 1st drop and higher the drop rate very very little. and don't make 7% items drop unless you will use them in the gem method u were talking about in another thread. THen I really like 7% drop aswell :)

+ 1.

tbh, i didnt like it also. come, i mean, leave it for cash shop. not for drops, ll make our server fruit.

think about, ppl hunting ettins and gettin mass corrupted gbh or watever... n ot good man.

make the drop rate loooks like the hb usa 1x, so our server ll b online for a long time. wont get bore u know wat im sayin?

like neme 2, there were many xelimas and hell fires and made alot ppl quit ( me also ) ...

idk... maybe im wrong or drunk. dunno. well, thats it. ty.

Reading this Im not longer sure if ive gotten right how it works, but as for what i got about corrupted items and drop rates, it doesnt mess up with the normal item drop rates. In other words, if x npc were to drop a gbh it would anyways, with the bonus that when u were to no get anything from x npc now u have the chance to get a corrupted one. If it is not the case I prefer corruped items to be removed.

Sorry if my grammar sucks, i havent practised it for a while.

Not all new features are necessarily good. These kind of items were introduced in late neme 2 and IMO they were introduced smoothly. They didn't drop from normal mobs and were used mostly as Event items.

White, I know that you have done the coding and probably would like to see all your code/ideas go LIVE. However I would like to ask you :

-Are you taking feedback in whether these kind of items can be added or not at all?

-You just want to know how the majority of the community would like to have them so you can adjust their appearance?

Thank you ,

Not all new features are necessarily good. These kind of items were introduced in late neme 2 and IMO they were introduced smoothly. They didn't drop from normal mobs and were used mostly as Event items.

White, I know that you have done the coding and probably would like to see all your code/ideas go LIVE. However I would like to ask you :

-Are you taking feedback in whether these kind of items can be added or not at all?

-You just want to know how the majority of the community would like to have them so you can adjust their appearance?

Thank you ,

Either way moha. As this is the beta I have the opportunity to randomly and especially drastically change things from A to B or visa versa.

The reason I do it during the beta is simply because there is no harm that can be done. As there are a hand full of valueable players and two dozen of modest players, I value both their opinions and I like to see the feedback on this drastic change comming. The way feedback is structured recently it's going to the good way, it's not longer saying "I hate it", feedback is getting more and more to reasoning why it's bad and eventually what kind of change you DO want to see happening.

To answer your questions directly, Farjat and I have taken notice of the feedback on the corrupted drops and have already decided it was a step into a path that would lead to the destruction of the server. So we'll be taking back a step and reversing the corrupted drops and instead increasing the primary drop rate a little bit.

On top of that, we've also taken notice of the cry for more body parts, and their drop rate will also be adjusted along with the primary drop rate change in the upcomming update. The finalization of those drop rates will follow in beta phase 4 with more intense testing on the drops of specific mobs.

It was also a suggestion in the past (neme2) to change the appearance of corrupted, limited and fragile items. One of the suggestions just recently was to change their coloring to be brighter or darker to be able to distinguish them from normal items. Yet we got 3 types of decaying items (corrupted, limited & fragile), but the amount of colors we got is limited, so I'll have to dive into coloring to see what I can do there.

Maybe it shouldn't recolor the existing colors, but rather make 3 different overlay colors to be put on top of the current items when they got the chaacteristic of corrupted, limited or fragile. Kinda same way as the "golden" look from berserk overlays your character. Could be a green-ish look for corrupted, a gray-ish look for fragile and a redish-look for limited.

Thank you ,

Either way moha. As this is the beta I have the opportunity to randomly and especially drastically change things from A to B or visa versa.

The reason I do it during the beta is simply because there is no harm that can be done. As there are a hand full of valueable players and two dozen of modest players, I value both their opinions and I like to see the feedback on this drastic change comming. The way feedback is structured recently it's going to the good way, it's not longer saying "I hate it", feedback is getting more and more to reasoning why it's bad and eventually what kind of change you DO want to see happening.

To answer your questions directly, Farjat and I have taken notice of the feedback on the corrupted drops and have already decided it was a step into a path that would lead to the destruction of the server. So we'll be taking back a step and reversing the corrupted drops and instead increasing the primary drop rate a little bit.

On top of that, we've also taken notice of the cry for more body parts, and their drop rate will also be adjusted along with the primary drop rate change in the upcomming update. The finalization of those drop rates will follow in beta phase 4 with more intense testing on the drops of specific mobs.

It was also a suggestion in the past (neme2) to change the appearance of corrupted, limited and fragile items. One of the suggestions just recently was to change their coloring to be brighter or darker to be able to distinguish them from normal items. Yet we got 3 types of decaying items (corrupted, limited & fragile), but the amount of colors we got is limited, so I'll have to dive into coloring to see what I can do there.

Maybe it shouldn't recolor the existing colors, but rather make 3 different overlay colors to be put on top of the current items when they got the chaacteristic of corrupted, limited or fragile. Kinda same way as the "golden" look from berserk overlays your character. Could be a green-ish look for corrupted, a gray-ish look for fragile and a redish-look for limited.

All this sounds good !

I like that body parts is getting a buff. It's the only way to can earn some early cash for spells/armors/weapons etc.

Idea:

Quests where you have to pick up and deliver X amount of body parts to CH officer and gain X amount of gold `?

Quests where you have to pick up and deliver X amount of body parts to CH officer and gain X amount of gold `?

Ssshhh stop steal my ideas! This is one of the reasons why we overhauled the quest system in the first place back in neme2, we wanted to diliver alternative quests than kill X mobs. Gathering body parts or other items as part of a quest is a good alternative, you'll need to kill more mobs to finish the quest, but the amount of mobs is unknown (due to RNG). It is also a good alternative for alchemy for example, where we could request people to collect multiple alchemy items and reward them with an alchemy item, e.g. collect ingredients for invi pot and complete the quest will give you an invi pot as reward. Ofc not to under-cut the alchemists here, we'd ask more ingredients to stimulate the training of alchemy.

But essentially you can indeed expect this kind of collect quest showing up during beta phase 3.

a bit offtopic... any quests on manuf? it will be harder to configure the reward because of the % on the armors/weapons, but its still possible on weapons like GS , flam, or GiS, even hammer, and not the top armors... with a max of 140 or 150%... maybe giving minerals and/or low/mid lvl manuf items... something similar to the dk items quest.. you give a chain hose manufactered + some minerals and get some manuf plate leggins with random % between 120 and 150. something similar with weapons... always the max item that can be given as rewars , can be manuf with 90% or less, depending on what item the quest asks... that way you can get some nice items with manuf before reaching the painfull 90-95%

ontopic again:

you can give some corrupted on quests...like " you have to kill X amount of X mob with this corrupted weapon" ( not sure if its possible on HB to check what weapon is ON at the moment of killing the monster)

a bit offtopic... any quests on manuf? it will be harder to configure the reward because of the % on the armors/weapons, but its still possible on weapons like GS , flam, or GiS, even hammer, and not the top armors... with a max of 140 or 150%... maybe giving minerals and/or low/mid lvl manuf items... something similar to the dk items quest.. you give a chain hose manufactered + some minerals and get some manuf plate leggins with random % between 120 and 150. something similar with weapons... always the max item that can be given as rewars , can be manuf with 90% or less, depending on what item the quest asks... that way you can get some nice items with manuf before reaching the painfull 90-95%

ontopic again:

you can give some corrupted on quests...like " you have to kill X amount of X mob with this corrupted weapon" ( not sure if its possible on HB to check what weapon is ON at the moment of killing the monster)

Anything is possible. The new quest system is so dynamically developed that there is room to expand it in any direction. Currently it is already possible for us to make quests that reward fully working items of any type, including corrupted, bound or even manufactured or statted items. I've anticipated for this during development of the new quest system.

The checking for which item is being used to kill is also something that can be easily expanded, as we have certain quest conditions, we can simply add a new condition to require a specific item or item type while doing the quest. I'll keep the idea in mind.

Can you then do kill X amount of a monster with this specific spell. Like 10 WW with Fire strike... ? :)

Anything is possible ;) You wanne make it hard? kill 100 WW with magic-missile LOOOL :P reward: 10k contri

First of all, i gotta say that ppl opinion change during game time. I was against the buff system and pfm timing (still against it when its related to another person and not yourself), now, playing with it, i would say its great.

About the corrupted items drop, i will have to agree with most ppl i see on here. Nemesis drop rate is already low, which discourage ppl to train. If you add corrupted items drop, it would just ruin it. Imagine you hunt like a crazy and then you got a nice item. As soon as you pick it you realise its corrupted. In my opinion, it would discourage ppl to still hunting.

You should keep corrupted items for events, which is a great idea.

A little off topic now, i would like to know if you guys plan to work on monsters hp on their head and items stats when its on floor.

Those 2 updates, in my opinion, would turn nemesis just perfect.

Thank you

Marcos