Sign in to follow this  
cor3a

Playing Nem 3 On Windows 8

Hey all! Anw, i think i've mentioned a few probs i have faced since installing and playing nem 3 on my newly assembled pc. Seriously, Win 8 is driving me nuts. If anyone has any idea how to resolve this, pls help me.

I am functioning on a Geforce GT640, Windows 8. I am facing the following probs:

1. my fps is horrible despite disabling hardware acceleration. it used to be 200+ on my win xp, pc with much weaker specs then my current one. i am playing on a fps that fluctuates every now and then like the stock market... varies from 30+ - 100+. whats going on?

2. i cant do an alt tab! when i am in the game and i do an alt tab to my desktop, my screen hangs upon returning to it. and the prob is that i can navigate my mouse around and hear my char running... but the screen is freezed.

anyone can help me with these 2 probs here? much appreciated.

You should not buy crap windows xD...

You could install a virtual machine with windows XP to play helbreath... or downgrade to windows 7 or lower...

It's directX causing the issue, if there is a way to force direct X to use a lower version for a single application or completely disable it, then there could be a chance that you get more than 30 FPS.

maybe try this: http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=15392

i dont see the color part where i can adjust the bit... :(

i did the installation part like what farjat suggested.. helped abit though. but when my hardware acceleration is off, i can do the alt tab. if it's on, i dont have any prob with that.

is there anyway to help, white?

Edited by cor3a

Did you try installing the Geforce Preview Driver for Windows 8.1?

64-Bit: http://www.geforce.c...s/results/64408

32-Bit: http://www.geforce.c...s/results/64407

Also, try changing the properties of helgame.exe and set compatibility to Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3. Try any of both to see if alt+tab fixes the issue?

You can also try using windows + tab instead of alt + tab... does it still crashing using windows + tab?

i dont see the color part where i can adjust the bit... :(

i did the installation part like what farjat suggested.. helped abit though. but when my hardware acceleration is off, i can do the alt tab. if it's on, i dont have any prob with that.

is there anyway to help, white?

Cant help u on this as i am not having this problem on my windows 8. BTW IT SUX! just put windows 7 !!

changing the gforce driver can help u. u should try.

Gona try it once im home. Thanks farjat and white. And btw, how do I check if im 64bit or 32bit? I know nuts about com.. lol

to check 32/64 bit, click start, right click "my computer", click properties. There you get info on operating system and near the center of the overview you'll see a line saying "32-bit operating system" or "64-bit operating system"

Usually you can also know when opening C:\ disk, if you got "Program Files (x86)" in there, then yo ugot 64-bit, otherwise you got 32.

installed the driver. not working still. :(

i realised that i am on a 64bit system but when i do an alt tab, i see it as helgame.exe (32-bit) in task manager. is that the reason why?

when i tried running helgame.exe on compatibility mode, it says 'the dynamic link library 'cximage.dll' could not be found.

Edited by cor3a

installed the driver. not working still. :(

i realised that i am on a 64bit system but when i do an alt tab, i see it as helgame.exe (32-bit) in task manager. is that the reason why?

when i tried running helgame.exe on compatibility mode, it says 'the dynamic link library 'cximage.dll' could not be found.

running on 32 is already ok is not that.

maybe cor3a has a problem with cores as did i?...

when you launch the auto updater ( before clickling on start), force it to use only 1 core(control alt sup => tasks admin => process=> find the auto updater => right click on it => stablish afinity and select only 1 of them), press start and see if the helgame.exe is using only 1 core(same process).

hope it helps

the problem? you have to do this everytime you want to play

seems like downgrading to 7 is the only solution :(

Did you try the new updater to see if the alt-tab gets fixed?

the one at nemesis.com download?

the one at nemesis.com download?

with the "did you try the new updater" I meant: "did you try playing the game and alt-tabbing after I made this post?".

As I changed the auto updater using affinity, this could possibly solve your alt-tab problem, so I suggest to run the auto updater (to get the latest version) and start your client, login, and try alt-tab again. Then post results here if it's still crashing, or if it's resolved.

cor3a we made a fix and now the walkthrought of directX IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE!

U can put your settings back and helbreath will run ok anyway on windows 8.

I am trying to find a way for the alt tabbing. But seems A LOT of games are having the same problem on windows 8

Cant wait to try! I will do a re download of the auto updater setup and have a test run! Thanks alot for all the help, white, farjat, everyone!

Cant wait to try! I will do a re download of the auto updater setup and have a test run! Thanks alot for all the help, white, farjat, everyone!

no need full redownload.

just run updater back. dont change anything else.

is there a way to install that on win 8?

no wait.

should not get that.

Try to undo what we done on the other topic first. Like put accelerations back on.

Then try playing hb again.

Ive put the acceleration back on and updated auto update..not running on compatibility mode too. Require directx 7.0a. Is there something wrong with my files? Should I do a re download of the auto updater setup?

this is what i got. the words on the white screen shows programme require direct x 7.0a to run.

apart from this, i manage to run the game on compatibility mode - xp.. i turned on hardware acceleration but the one at directdraw gets auto unticked. alt tab still isnt working

ucnn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by cor3a

cor3a I'm curious as to how your results ended up with this, are you still playing hb? did anything workout?