Sign in to follow this  

Some Things I Know 100% About The Hb Community As Of Late.

things that I know the bulk of the Hb have complained about on various server I was staff on.

I was GM on HB Olympia for a long while and many people quit because the lack there of drops, updates etc. the Hb community has gotten impatient with helbreath in general being that it is a 15 + year old game. nobody wants to grind for days on end to not get any item worth some kind of trade value. The players complained about it on Olympia where i was Gm for 6 months, and they complained about it on legion where I was staff til it failed hardcore too.

The people want to play helbreath and get drops, not invest weeks- months and not get anything cept some stones and necks. and crappy pr/sp armors. Especially the 7% armors, that are a waste and are not good for anything. Seems like more and more Hb server that are coming out are catching the hint and making drops and everything more obtainable. But people will not play to just grind out a HBusa styled game. I am not saying that is the way it is here (crap droprate), but I am just giving insight.

helbreath now, seems more of a way for people to make a living and these people tend to draw it out as long as posible. Whatever happened the the HUGE and GREAT HB servers that were completely free, no cash shops, no donations and they ran on somebody home computer and they were strictly about gathering your friends to play on a server where you can get drops, you can have fun, and dont feel like helbreath is an investment. the reason the Hb community has died is because of that 1 aspect. its an old game, and nobody wants to make anything actually obtainable because their income is based of donations.

Making SB drop every 100 frost you kill will bring 100ths of SB in a matter of days to the game... you got rewarded for your effort hunting frost, but your SB is worth 5 gold on the market because there is more supply than demand.

I'm giving an extreme example here, but that's the only way to show my point. Increasing drop rate to the point where you get a drop from every kill will make the server die before it even opened up. To make a server stay for years on ends like Nemesis has been doing for over 10 years now, you can't make droprate insanely high. It's solidly because there are other servers who actually do that, and they last maybe 1~6 months before closing because there is no people playing because everyone got a merien shield with xelima rapier and a sb to use along with their GBH and prolly got a deva and dusa sword in their bank sitting to rot away... all with HP 91% sets and MP 91% sets for their mages with Z-wand and K-Wand to switch when needed.

People are too spoiled with drops due to these high rate servers, and they expect the same on low rate servers.

right now the drop is too low on the beta... but its a beta, and i think almost no1 wants the server full of rares.

stated drops? yes, i think they can be raised , and only on drops with 42 or less % of mr/ma/hp/mp/dr/pa ... the drop stated weapons are harder to balance... maybe with HP or rep?

and im not even sure if it can be done.

1 thing that must be raised, are the alchemy ingredients drop ... its really hard to get a piece of a mob.

Rares are rares. No discussion with them, their drop reate is ok imo.

What I never understood, and indignates me, is why in hell is it SO hard to get mr21-28, mp21, hp21 stated items beyond wood and targe shields.. Common items drops at a very low rate.. at least increase drop rate a bit (I dont say lets make a mp63 set the 1st month...). Make the people feel items DO drop, because up to now, in beta, and neme2 experience, hunting for items is frustrating. (and please understand frustrating =/= hard)

I honestly like the drop rate, for beta, hell no, its stupid how low it is, but we are testing it for the official. I think the armor rate is fine, in which armors drop, but I think the %'s of the armors and what stat actually drops needs to be increased. Ive hunted maybe 15-20 hours (usually Crayfish or Cyclops) and have yet to see any mp or hp armors drop. Let alone them being low stated.

things that I know the bulk of the Hb have complained about on various server I was staff on.

I was GM on HB Olympia for a long while and many people quit because the lack there of drops, updates etc. the Hb community has gotten impatient with helbreath in general being that it is a 15 + year old game. nobody wants to grind for days on end to not get any item worth some kind of trade value. The players complained about it on Olympia where i was Gm for 6 months, and they complained about it on legion where I was staff til it failed hardcore too.

The people want to play helbreath and get drops, not invest weeks- months and not get anything cept some stones and necks. and crappy pr/sp armors. Especially the 7% armors, that are a waste and are not good for anything. Seems like more and more Hb server that are coming out are catching the hint and making drops and everything more obtainable. But people will not play to just grind out a HBusa styled game. I am not saying that is the way it is here (crap droprate), but I am just giving insight.

helbreath now, seems more of a way for people to make a living and these people tend to draw it out as long as posible. Whatever happened the the HUGE and GREAT HB servers that were completely free, no cash shops, no donations and they ran on somebody home computer and they were strictly about gathering your friends to play on a server where you can get drops, you can have fun, and dont feel like helbreath is an investment. the reason the Hb community has died is because of that 1 aspect. its an old game, and nobody wants to make anything actually obtainable because their income is based of donations.

come, this is NOT OLIMPIA!

THIS IS NEMESIS, GOD DAMN IT!

AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE OURRRRR SERVER LOOKS FRUIT, GOD DAMN IT!

WEEEEE DOOOOOOOOO LIKEEEEEE THAT WAYYYYYY !!!

IM HERE SINCE IT OPENED!!! SOOOOO, PLEASEEEEEEE, JUST PLAY MAN! GOD DAMN IT!

i think the drop rate in neme is perfect, with this drop rate sv is not going to die in a long time

+1 tomas!

come, its not hard. just work for it.

or buy from kids that has no life, come, isnt hard.

the thing is that your arguments just show that you have never played Nemesis, neme stats are just perfect in every sense and people play it for what it is

Legion shouldn't even be included at this point because it was a fail from the get go.

I did like the catalyst system from Olympia though. Good for people just starting out, especially new mages.

I've always liked nemesis though and never had too much of a problem finding items. I look at it like this: if you go out and hunt for drops and get them all within a few hours then you have no reason to hunt. Sure there might be PvP here amd there, but just look at the state of hbusa. They all have everything, amd no desire to actually go out and hunt. In my experience the best PvP comes when there are fights over pits. If no one uses the pits what's there to fight over?

Live long nemesis.

BTW, at level 141 I have already gotten a couple flam drops and a Berk. Only been killing stuff that drops them since 130 out about an hour. Maybe they weren't the best, but a drop is a drop.

Rares are rares. No discussion with them, their drop reate is ok imo.

What I never understood, and indignates me, is why in hell is it SO hard to get mr21-28, mp21, hp21 stated items beyond wood and targe shields.. Common items drops at a very low rate.. at least increase drop rate a bit (I dont say lets make a mp63 set the 1st month...). Make the people feel items DO drop, because up to now, in beta, and neme2 experience, hunting for items is frustrating. (and please understand frustrating =/= hard)

This!

I agree that rares should be rare.

And I think statted armors above 42% should be insane rare aswell. But to keep us hunting for hours, we need to get rewarded in some way. This server have great potentiel, and would be sade to see the server fail because the drop rate was set too high.

But a 21-28 % set items wont fail the server. So let it be possible for us to get that + it makes the trade in the first month or two great aswell -- and not silent. Every armor piece above 28% should be like now or maybe a little better and anything above 42% should be insanly rare.

Rare items don't *censored* this game in the long run. HIGH % statted items does.

Ive actually gotten quite a few drops since level 130, including ms10s and a couple armors (berk, leather). This is since I have been hunting stuff that drops them.... I guess it'd total to a couple of hours worth of hunting. I think it's fine and RNG has always been a bitch in HB.

the thing is that your arguments just show that you have never played Nemesis, neme stats are just perfect in every sense and people play it for what it is

I played nem 2 forever. Nobody is comparing anything to anything other then the player comparison. Nobody said fruit the server, thats completely boring. I was just giving an FYI that the bulk of the Hb community now, dont want to grind for months for items on a game thats 15 years old. Free 2 play era has messed up the Hb community cause thats 1 of the main reason why people played private servers to begin with is cause they are free. With the bulk variety of free 2 play stuff out, just being a private server of a game I played and loved when i was 13 doesnt automatically attract me here. The most of us die hard helbreath players have kids now, families, fulltime jobs, or are full time students and dont have the time required to play in order to get items like we used to when we were still tenagers.

On another note I understand theres only maybe 40 of us beta testing the more stuff that dies aat the same time will ensure drops. I just wanted the staff to see the point i was trying to make. that the normal old 15 year old HB isnt the same anymore as it used to be, and just adding some random changes in some c++ coding doesnt make it a badass server. People want to be rewarded even if they only get to hunt for total 10 hrs a week because of life situations. This is the main reason why we dont see many Hb private servers last, not saying nemesis wont last cause it did during my nem 2 era. the thing about it was this, Ive been playing beta here since the day it released as well and ive noticed some small changes to what nem 2 was, its not a completely different server, more like nem 2 died, and they wanted a new server , so they wiped, added a few features and are now trying to up a new server. Still with the same things that people didnt like. DK armors = lame as shit on a 180 server. I was surprised when nem 3 said they were doing 180/200 because almost all the popular server that came out after nem 2 started dying all went lower lv/stat caps to make the game more interesting. they removed DK armors because of them being over powered in PVP fighting, and removed m shield wands from being used in pvp action as well, by making the effects of these items working vs NPC and not PVP as well.

the only reason if anything why nemesis 3 will START big is because its a fresh new started server. After the effects of that wear off ina month then you will have further issues to worry about if things intend on staying this way with no openess for suggestions other than trolling.

Nobody wants to hunt for days to get a couple of 7% armor drop, those low stated armors hp/mp dont really do much of anything for anybody except waste bag space. 14% should be the lowest imo.

The last thing that gets annoying is the children that helbreath has attracted. people that didnt play helbreath back when it was only international or werent even old enough to be actively playing when HBusa has HUGE. These are the players I am talking about, im not talking about the 12-15 year olds that play now who want to troll somebody for posting some suggestions that they themselves dont agree with.

Ell arguably enough I dont disagree with you most the time, but the thing I am trying to tell white and staff here is that in order for a server to be big, it has to be significantly different then the competition. Just having more staff and more events isnt gunna do it. Olympia is still standing around 200 strong or so because of the time these people invested there. they will not quit and come here if the game is practically the same except for extra staff and events. the game needs to be completely changed in order to attract anything like what olympia did at start is all I am saying.

Edited by 213

I honestly like the drop rate, for beta, hell no, its stupid how low it is, but we are testing it for the official. I think the armor rate is fine, in which armors drop, but I think the %'s of the armors and what stat actually drops needs to be increased. Ive hunted maybe 15-20 hours (usually Crayfish or Cyclops) and have yet to see any mp or hp armors drop. Let alone them being low stated.

You're suggesting that GM's should spend time so you can get higher level armors which need no testing for a stage that will get erased in a couple weeks?

We should probably suggest changes that will get past the beta period. There's nothing that needs to be tested on the old armors, increasing the new kind of armors -corrupted, etc- in the other hand might be helpful

You're suggesting that GM's should spend time so you can get higher level armors which need no testing for a stage that will get erased in a couple weeks?

We should probably suggest changes that will get past the beta period. There's nothing that needs to be tested on the old armors, increasing the new kind of armors -corrupted, etc- in the other hand might be helpful

What are you talking about? I don't care about the items I have in a beta server, I'm saying the rate of armors is fine, but it NEVER drops anything, its always Endurance 14 N/S or SP7. I have to get any other item.

Hmz.. No offence but this is a "need moar itenz f4st for steamrolling those that havent got anything.. with guildmates" Rant. Beta has been live for what.. a full week? And if im not mistaken with somewhat limited dropoptions.

Welcome to HB ;)

I know the original HB without the x25 exp rate would not go far nowadays. I lvled one to lvl180 back in the day solo (ogre yielded 700xp). When i was max lvl, I had a kiloton of good gear and a very good guild to hunt with. Now I run alone, and played neme2 for 2 years.. And enjoyed it. Cos i enjoy the game.. and the grind for that matter, now its just so easy to get to max lvl, so it kinda at least for me, as i still remember the old Grind, that if I bang a majestic point in 30mins, i occasionally forget that its a lot faster than back in the day when it took a friggin week averaging 10h gamedays with easily above average gear. Its beta and from what im seeing, its gr8, apparently the new server is working fine and the new things devs are testing are working fine, so ^^. And even after 2 years, Im still grinding Liches for the odd chance that I might get a new IS manual^^ back in the day,those were rare ;) and as its beta, im testing 2 different angles on how to build my main or rather that if the tweaks i have in mind will work for me or not. Both will be gear dependant , so yes, +49+ hp,mp etc gear would be more than welcome, but they are rare ;) And on that note.. while doing the townq someone tried to whack me with a GBH. After a week of beta. Im still running with a +1 knight flam for which I used like 5 xstones to get upgraded. (No, my luck aint the best, I know full well your pain on +7sp armor drops.. but there is always the hope :) )

Edited by Tyfoid