Sign in to follow this  
farjat

For Windows 8 Users

Edit: This is outdated. We already made a fix in client so noone needs to do this!!

Hello.

We know theres some Windows 8 users and we know they have problems.

Also we know Helbreath cant do much for windows 8 users as its like riding a horse into middle of high speed highway.

Also noone on the staff got a windows 8 license as they are hard on our countrys.

Im getting windows 8 now and will make some tests.

We cant promise much. sorry. theres nothing we can do client side without touching all game. I wil just try to find a walkthrought for windows 8 users to try to make it as better as possible.

even steam will not do a thing oriented to win 8.... that gives a hint.

and focusing on the "compatibility" options that windows have ? .. i know that they usually are just crap, but give it a try.

even steam will not do a thing oriented to win 8.... that gives a hint.

and focusing on the "compatibility" options that windows have ? .. i know that they usually are just crap, but give it a try.

found a fix and im running HB on windows 8 ! at high fps !!! more details later!!

The following workaround worked for me. but as i made some previous tests, i need someone to recheck it. If doesnt work, post back here and ill give other hints!

1) Need to Download this tool: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_DirectX_Control_Panel_d4017.html

2) RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR (very important)

3)Go Direct3D and AND DirectDraw and UNMARK "allow hardware acceleration"

4) OK, apply, and enjoy Helbreath Nemesis with windows 8

Gqbvx.png

i downloaded and opened the file on my desktop. i am running the programm on an administrator account. do i need to paste the file in any specific folder to make the changes? turned off the settings (hardware acceleration) but it's still at 20fps

Edited by cor3a

alright! managed to get it fixed! thanks farjat!

edit: one bug found on my end will be that once i alt tab from the game, my screen freezes and will have to restart client to play

Edited by cor3a

When i made it it doesnt affected my wiondows settings or other games!

But if this happens to u. I have other workaround for it! (installing dx9c and doing this steps later with it.)

But if this happens to u. I have other workaround for it! (installing dx9c and doing this steps later with it.)

how to go about doing it? can i have more specific instructions? pardon me.. IT noob here.

how to go about doing it? can i have more specific instructions? pardon me.. IT noob here.

U need something called Directx9 SDK. u need to find the exact one for your language and architecture (x86 or x64)

If u are not having problems with other games, i strongly suggest u NOT TO DO IT.

Have yet to experience it on other games honestly. Just that whenever I go alt tab from helgame to my desktop, the image freeze when returning to helgame (my running footsteps and sounds can still be heard but image freezes)

hey farjat, some of my other games are facing this problem too! what should i do to solve it?

you have the last drivers of your graphic card?

to solve the problem with the other game just put the same settings that u had changed, i just did that with skyrim.. isnt that much work

i've updated my graphic card driver. problems still persist. i've tried running on other sever's helgame too... still hangs whenever i do an alt tab. however, if my hardware acceleration is turned on, i dont have any issues with the alt tab.. no hang at all.

anyone got any solutions to this? its driving me nuts somehow. :(

i've updated my graphic card driver. problems still persist. i've tried running on other sever's helgame too... still hangs whenever i do an alt tab. however, if my hardware acceleration is turned on, i dont have any issues with the alt tab.. no hang at all.

anyone got any solutions to this? its driving me nuts somehow. :(

Farjat, estoy con el mismo problema. Tengo windows 8, hice lo que vos dijiste en tu comentario de arriba, pero cada vez que hago alt-tab se me queda dura la imagen al volver al juego. Se escucha el sonido y se nota que sigo logeado, pero no puedo hacer nada, la imagen esta congelada.