Sign in to follow this  
Svafnir

Player's Opinion: Nemesis 3 And Buffs

well, that is what the test is for, to see if all the changes work as intended, if they like, and if something needs to be changed , deleted or totally reworked...

i dont like the number of seconds of the buffs, but i like the chance of deleting some friendly buffs ( there is always 1 ret*** that guves you pfa or shield while you are waiting to use pfm... or that gives you pfm when you are fighting some archers)

i was always against the boxes, its boring, needs almost 0 skill and you only need 2 people and give invi to the summons.... but it can be done that a summon cant block the zone that lets you go back to the previous building + those seconds of invunerability, its easy to get out of the "box"

well just because you don't like boxing or you like to cancel spells doesn't mean it is best for the game. Boxing is inevitably apart of the game as a whole, as is timing in pvp and waiting out the effects of a spell, good or bad. Changing this doesn't necessarily make the game better, it just leaves a more selective experience for an hb player, which isn't always a good thing when nemesis is trying to portray a "classic hb" feel.

as i said:

For now. we are leaving the timers. but we are disabling most of buffs cancel ability.

U can still time enemy, but enemy will be more clever now.

In addition, I'd like to spread some light onto the fact that fragile and corrupted items are taking over neme3. I DON'T LIKE THIS. AT ALL. I seriously can't express my dismay enough towards these kinds of items.. It takes long enough to get anything good while hunting (Yes I understand that these are in addition to normal rares, only with an increased drop rate) but I just can't see myself getting excited about a drop that will disappear eventually.

And I can only assume that the NORMAL rare drop rate will be further decreased.. which if true will mean that hunting will be hard to keep motivated at, since anything good that drops will soon disappear.

I just can't get behind the idea of getting time-limited items.. and If they are extremely prevalent in neme 3 it will really kill the classic hb feel I come to this server for.

Sorry for the rant but I have played here on and off for 5 years now and I want to keep coming back. I love nemesis and still value it more than anyother server, I don't want to see it fail due to non-classic ideas. thank you for listening and please correct me if I am wrong, I would very much like to be wrong on this issue. :)

Corrupted, Limited and Fragile was builded as a module. It doesnt mean they are on the droprate.

We didnt added them to droprate yet.

We can use them in a LOT of ways.

EX:

Quest popup when reach level 80:

Quest: Kill 20 Slime in Promiseland.

Price: Corrupted BOUNDED TO CHAR 15 days Hauberk MP 91%

Condition: Can make only once/char

Also consider they can be added to droprate IN A LONG FUTURE which will make active players to have items, andis something which balance new players against olds.

:)

as i said:

For now. we are leaving the timers. but we are disabling most of buffs cancel ability.

U can still time enemy, but enemy will be more clever now.

In addition, I'd like to spread some light onto the fact that fragile and corrupted items are taking over neme3. I DON'T LIKE THIS. AT ALL. I seriously can't express my dismay enough towards these kinds of items.. It takes long enough to get anything good while hunting (Yes I understand that these are in addition to normal rares, only with an increased drop rate) but I just can't see myself getting excited about a drop that will disappear eventually.

And I can only assume that the NORMAL rare drop rate will be further decreased.. which if true will mean that hunting will be hard to keep motivated at, since anything good that drops will soon disappear.

I just can't get behind the idea of getting time-limited items.. and If they are extremely prevalent in neme 3 it will really kill the classic hb feel I come to this server for.

Sorry for the rant but I have played here on and off for 5 years now and I want to keep coming back. I love nemesis and still value it more than anyother server, I don't want to see it fail due to non-classic ideas. thank you for listening and please correct me if I am wrong, I would very much like to be wrong on this issue. :)

Corrupted, Limited and Fragile was builded as a module. It doesnt mean they are on the droprate.

We didnt added them to droprate yet.

We can use them in a LOT of ways.

EX:

Quest popup when reach level 80:

Quest: Kill 20 Slime in Promiseland.

Price: Corrupted BOUNDED TO CHAR 15 days Hauberk MP 91%

Condition: Can make only once/char

Also consider they can be added to droprate IN A LONG FUTURE which will make active players to have items, andis something which balance new players against olds.

:)

all this things sound nice and have sence except about buffs..they should be deleted all players hate them

Dear staff remember this : most ppl who wanna play again is "old player" it means classic HB , try to get all vice we says please .

i've been out for too long. someone enlighten me please on what this invulnerable buff is all about

Invulnerability buff is a buff received when you teleport. This buff protects you from any kind of damage (PvP and PvE). The buff can be cancelled at any time by the owner, once it runs out you can't get it back. Switching maps while the buff still is on doesn't reset the buff time.

This buff was introduced because we removed all safe-zones. The removal has the purpose to stop people from "safe-zone camping" and shit talking like "safe-runner" etc. Because teleport involves loading new data, this buff was introduced to protect you instead of the safe-zone that used to do it before. But you can't run back to the safe-zone because there is no "zone", only a 1 time buff that doesn't return unless you teleport somewhere.

i've been out for too long. someone enlighten me please on what this invulnerable buff is all about

white was faster, NVM.

Edited by GeniuS

how long will the buff be for?

white already said 1 min ast the end of the post.

i have 1 doubt about the invul... if you hit someone does it dissapear?

technically speaking, it kind of makes the 10sec unable to recall aft taking dmg kind of look foolish.. bcos invul will allow u to do that recall safely... but on the other end, kind of fair to have it since there are no safe zones. i will honestly prefer having safe zones to invul though... i think invul kind of allows u to abuse the system. :/

how long will the buff be for?

white already said 1 min ast the end of the post.

i have 1 doubt about the invul... if you hit someone does it dissapear?

The time for invul buff is 7 seconds upon teleporting within the same game server (e.g. shop to town map) and 15 seconds upon teleporting to another game server (e.g. town to ML).

While invulnerable you don't take any damage, but can't deal any damage either. So can't abuse buff to kill someone.

technically speaking, it kind of makes the 10sec unable to recall aft taking dmg kind of look foolish.. bcos invul will allow u to do that recall safely... but on the other end, kind of fair to have it since there are no safe zones. i will honestly prefer having safe zones to invul though... i think invul kind of allows u to abuse the system. :/

It doesn't, if you got hit right before (10 secs max) porting to another map, you'll not get this invulnerability buff. So you don't get buffed and you don't get to recall either... so map borders are not safe-zoned anymore and are no longer an obstacle to move on.

It brings options to put a trap on one side of the map border, and lure/push people into it... obviously people will learn fast and avoid moving maps ^_^

I totally agree with the topic writer. Not to blaming anyone, but these new updates had gone wrong way. We need necessary updates, but nothing superfluous.

These little things can mean alot in decisions of coming back to nemesis.

These little things can mean alot in decisions of coming back to nemesis.

That's your choice to return or not. As said before, we're leaving buffs in for the Beta and will disable the cancelling of your own PFM/AMP/PFA/GDS/DS.

we can actually cancel our own pfa/pfm ?1

In Nemesis 2 this was possible yes. For nemesis 3 Beta will not be possible.

Ive been checking forum since nemesis announced the new version. I didnt know about some stuff, like this buff and invu, just what ive heard on here.

First of all, i just wanna say that imo nemesis is the best server to play, due to the adm support, players and the gameplay. With buff, the gameplay will be just killed. When i started on here i didnt even know how to time. The fact that i didnt have an automatic timer on my scren, made me train and think about it during fights. The new players should learn it too, and not turn it into an automatic server response, it will just ruin the pvp action. Its part of the game, you cant change some basic stuff in game, or it will lose his essence, which makes ppl keep playing hb after 10 years, even with some other 3d games in scene.

Same as the invu. Box isnt the best demonstration of skill, but as somebody said on here (if did), its part of the game and its really fun. Its nice getting those stacked players into a box and see they slowly die.

You guys should keep those things how it was, and focus in some stuff which will motivate ppl on keep playing, like: constant events; new contents; more hero parts or colorful ones after you reach the necessary for a full set (an idea that i always had, because you will keep looking for eks, even if you already fh); get the dk set with half of its stats in 180 (usual black), and then turning it into color after each some amount of majs you get, until you reach the full usual stats. Those are just some ideas, that does not involve the chaging in basic gameplay.

Thats just my opinion tho, and im just saying because i really want a great server again.

Thank You.

Marcos

Ive been checking forum since nemesis announced the new version. I didnt know about some stuff, like this buff and invu, just what ive heard on here.

First of all, i just wanna say that imo nemesis is the best server to play, due to the adm support, players and the gameplay. With buff, the gameplay will be just killed. When i started on here i didnt even know how to time. The fact that i didnt have an automatic timer on my scren, made me train and think about it during fights. The new players should learn it too, and not turn it into an automatic server response, it will just ruin the pvp action. Its part of the game, you cant change some basic stuff in game, or it will lose his essence, which makes ppl keep playing hb after 10 years, even with some other 3d games in scene.

Same as the invu. Box isnt the best demonstration of skill, but as somebody said on here (if did), its part of the game and its really fun. Its nice getting those stacked players into a box and see they slowly die.

You guys should keep those things how it was, and focus in some stuff which will motivate ppl on keep playing, like: constant events; new contents; more hero parts or colorful ones after you reach the necessary for a full set (an idea that i always had, because you will keep looking for eks, even if you already fh); get the dk set with half of its stats in 180 (usual black), and then turning it into color after each some amount of majs you get, until you reach the full usual stats. Those are just some ideas, that does not involve the chaging in basic gameplay.

Thats just my opinion tho, and im just saying because i really want a great server again.

Thank You.

Marcos

Pretty much how I feel as well, I won't play this server if those buffs are in place. You guys are completely changing the dynamics of this games brilliant pvp in a very negative way..

Thank You.

Marcos

Nice explained.