Sign in to follow this  
aengis

Medussa Sword

i have some sugestions on bringing back the medu sword.

1st: more delay between activations

2: less time active

3: the % pr resistance skill ( only the skill) reduces the time of the paralisis efect.... 100% pr skill => 30% less of time being paraliced ( this can work too on the magic)

4: while being paraliced (only because of the sword), you cant eat invi potions (maybe cant use invisibility magic?)

5: dont let big bosses drop it, just small monsters, it needs to be farmed but be hard.

1: Time between activations is character bound (20 minutes) but will also be item-bound (= item cooldown). The former we're not going to change, an activation every 20 minutes on your character is ok I think. The latter one is something still to be decided, I think it is currently set for 15 minutes, although I think it can be set to 20 or even 30 minutes. An exact value is to be pinned down during the Beta.

2: The time it is active is fine I think, all activation items got the same duration of activation, they'll be restricted individually by their item-cooldown already.

3: Paralyze/hold-person/sleep are indeed partially PR-related (dusa neck), Perhaps this should rather be expanded into resisting the effect rather than changing its duration. More PR should giver higher chance to resist these spells where the ultimate 500% (= dusa neck) resists you for 100% sure. But I also think this shouldn't apply for the sword's effect, even the medusa neck can't resist the paralyze from the sword.

4: This is your way of escape, invisibility slows down the activation user and provides a way to escape and survive the all powerful sword of medusa. Activation items arn't meant to be used solo but are meant for group play, atleast for the offensive ones (IE, dusa, xelima) while the defensive ones are meant for solo play (merien plate/shield). As the sword is already so powerful, we have to limit it in activation time by item-cooldown, just because it is so powerful. Forbidding invisibility while paralyzed by the dusa sword will make the sword OP again, while we aim to balance the sword out and think with the current measures (item-cooldown) we're going to achieve the balance of the sword, I think it's a bad idea to forbid this.

5: The Sword of Medusa will drop from its carriers as it did in the past: Snakes and Zombies. They carry the sword with them as they're poisonous mobs by nature. We'll consider adding it to the Abaddon, Poison Dragon and Black Dragon, but will make it extreemly low rate to find as those big mobs have a 100% secondary drop rate.

change so much ! lost the HB original style,what is HB orginal style ? fight untill DEAD ! and now coold time have item bound ! what point on the item was activaton! ?

change so much ! lost the HB original style,what is HB orginal style ? fight untill DEAD ! and now coold time have item bound ! what point on the item was activaton! ?

The point of activation is to give you an advantage against your oponent, you gain a special ability for a short period of time to attempt and overwhealm your enemy and kill him.

Item Cooldown prevents the item being passed on in a group of raiders and used right away. That is not what the ability is intended for. The passing of activation items makes them over powered, a group having one will always be victorious this way, and that's not what the activation items are meant for, they're meant to give a temporary advantage, not to give you this advantage 10 times by passing it on within the group.

Item Cooldown isn't item binding, you can still pass on the item as you desire. Only its special ability can't be used unless the item is cooled down since its last activation.

You clearly do not seem to understand the system, which likely indicates that you havn't played nemesis 2 with this system or didn't clearly understand the system at all. I would suggest to first read and learn about the system before criticing it.