Sign in to follow this  
tomas

I Came Back And I Noticed 2 Important Things...

This thing of party, seriusly? it cover the half of my screen, if there is a way to take it off plz tell me coz i had asked and nobody told me anything.

And HF do too much dmg, ithink that one of the reason nobody can start playing from 0, coz 1 hf when ur training and ur dead, u have no time for chug, old times u could scape from one mage.. now is insta ek.. LOL

Hmm /togglepartyinterface is the way to get rid of the stuff type it two times and yes hf is an overpowering spell lol damage will be dependant on how white codes it...this up to white

Well according to the magic spell book hf deals 23-92 dmg within 2x2 hexes of a target and without any magic resistance Pfm magic absorption hf hits at least 6-8 times. Lets say if it hits 7 times and hits the middle range (92-23=~ 70/2=35+ 23= 58 dmg) 58x7 = 506 dmg lol this is the average damage. So if gms were to reduce damage then it's either to reduce the number of hits or decrease the damage range.....this not up to me.....but you are correct hf unless you have some armors to reduce hits/dmg it is very difficult and overpowering lol....and then u have to factor in dk 15 FH +4 magical dmg and z wand +33% magical damage....so yah lol

Well according to the magic spell book hf deals 23-92 dmg within 2x2 hexes of a target and without any magic resistance Pfm magic absorption hf hits at least 6-8 times. Lets say if it hits 7 times and hits the middle range (92-23=~ 70/2=35+ 23= 58 dmg) 58x7 = 506 dmg lol this is the average damage. So if gms were to reduce damage then it's either to reduce the number of hits or decrease the damage range.....this not up to me.....but you are correct hf unless you have some armors to reduce hits/dmg it is very difficult and overpowering lol....and then u have to factor in dk 15 FH +4 magical dmg and z wand +33% magical damage....so yah lol

This indeed explains briefly how "complicated" the hf situation is.

It isn't a straight forward solution to changing damage values.

Alot of care needs to be taken when adjusting these values, changing it only by 1 could mean a decrease of potentionally 200 or 300 damage points, making it less effective than blizzard or ESW.

The goal of HF is to bring power (alot damage) but without actual effects (freeze, sp drain, AB, ...), just pure damage. That's the reason why it has to be very powerful.

Balancing it out is very tricky and risky as we can only rely on theoretical calculations, where as it has been proven that the actual damage is alot differently (mainly higher) than the theoretical damage.

Mostly HF currently hurts alot because all of the HF mages run around with some bonus on them, either they got more mana (= cast more HFs), added magic dmg (ring of mage or even grand mage, and some as high as arc mage, FH set, Z-Wand), increased hitting probability (FH set, ...).

To get back to theoretical values, if you hit on-the-spot (= perfact aim) and you enemy is standing there and not moving a single spot and has no resistance to any magic at all (not even from nature) the damages in theory look like:

Minimum: 28 on spot + 28 range + (13 * 9 = 117 expanding) = 173 damage.

Maximum: 40 on spot + 92 range + (29 * 9 = 261 expanding) = 393 damage.

Compare this to a blizzard (same conditions as above, perfectly aimed, not moving and bla bla bla...)

Minimum: 19 on spot + 24 range + (24 * 3 line = 72) = 115 damage.

Maximum: 24 on spot + 73 range + (73 * 3 line = 219) = 316 damage.

Seeing that comparison, you only see a slight increase of about 60 damage on the minimum and 80 damage on the maximum range... yet a blizzard doesn't hurt you that much and HF kills you like a bitch...

An 80 max damage increment results in an average of 30~40 damage increase if you factor in magic resistance (which is about 50~60% resist on average).

The 60~80 damage increment is required to compensate of the "loss" of not freezing the enemy (which you can with blizzard), and in this example I'm not even considering ESW, HF must top-over ESW also, which has a higher linear damage than blizzard, likely (based on my estimated) the increment from ESW to HF is only like 30~40 damage, and this increment must compensate AB and SP drain all together...

The reason why HF scales so much higher damage than blizzard or ESW is something that's had to determine. It is likely because of the AMOUNT of times you CAN resist and CAN get hit... where as in blizz & esw this is only 4 times, where HF goes up to 11 times with a perfect-aim.

Factoring in the "flying" you do while being hitting, on blizzard you can get a 4 to even 7-hit if you're lucky with the direction your enemey is going, where as with HF you can increase this likely to about 14 to 18 hits depending on the direction of "flying".

Adjustment is likely needed, but the state of the server (referring to the amount of items and resistance abilities and damage abilities) isn't optimal for it. Scaling it down now, will potentionally result in an under-powered HF when a noob finds the manual in a freshly reset server.

Hellfire would not have been so overpowered, if it really was rare. Since it was sold by server, way too many hellfires came to exist.

Offtopic: Get FP necks. TWs drop them like candy! ;)

506 damage is avaragE?. blizz with rogm zwand and fh do 450 LOL, with only hf u can do 506 dmg? that aint avarage, it does way too much, and a mage can spam bliz hf so u can go ip or fp so easy? it does way too dmg, atleast blizz need a good position to do max dmg, hf can spam anywhere and do alot lol.. is just clicking, no habilities... for sth server is dead..

506 damage is avaragE?. blizz with rogm zwand and fh do 450 LOL, with only hf u can do 506 dmg? that aint avarage, it does way too much, and a mage can spam bliz hf so u can go ip or fp so easy? it does way too dmg, atleast blizz need a good position to do max dmg, hf can spam anywhere and do alot lol.. is just clicking, no habilities... for sth server is dead..

the 506 mentioned by fyw721 isn't near the actual average, it's an average "guessed" by a player who doesn't understand the spell's mechanics.

HF's average is 283 damage where blizz average is 215,5 damage.

Or is an average guessed by a player that maybe owns HF, or plays the server and fights against hf everytime. (Besides the maths he made, which maybe a wrong way to calculate it)

The avearge you posted, White, means nothing when playing.. Fact is people without any kind of set, against HF with roam/dk15 gets hit for AT LEAST 500 points. Player with mr set gets hit for 250-300 many times.

I dont think HF is overpowered by itself. We have to bear in mind that its a rare spell.. Today we find that 80% of the HF around were bought, and not only the spell, but the same people that bought HF also bought Zwand, Roam, maybe Liche neck, mps sets.. So we end up with an army of people with cash that bought the entire gear building the impression that HF is insanely overpowered..

so what svan had said, is imposible for new to start from 0, and if u start giving items like fps, ips, or zems will make hunting nonsense...

Well i just made an educated guess on how the spell works....but tbh when I get hit with it I have about 100hp or less left.....and that's pretty close to 500 dmg lol and ppl will probably agree with me 283 dmg is much lower than what it feels xD

Well i just made an educated guess on how the spell works....but tbh when I get hit with it I have about 100hp or less left.....and that's pretty close to 500 dmg lol and ppl will probably agree with me 283 dmg is much lower than what it feels xD

yeah, the 500+ damage comes because your enemy wears rogm or even roam along with maybe a k-neck (up to +5 magic dmg) and a FH set (more hitting prob) and possibly a Z-Wand or a high hitting prob MS20 wand, or the +15 DK wand which is better than the casual MS20 from shop.

283 only looks a low number here in the explenation, but it feels like "oh *censored*, i'm gonna die!".

Which is exactly what HF is suposed to do, it's suposed to scare the crap out of you stop you from fighting the mage and heal up again.

Besides the fact that HF deals alot damage, alot people tend to forget that it eats mana too, and it eats it like there is no tomorrow, the mana consumption is fairly high.

Or is an average guessed by a player that maybe owns HF, or plays the server and fights against hf everytime. (Besides the maths he made, which maybe a wrong way to calculate it)

The avearge you posted, White, means nothing when playing.. Fact is people without any kind of set, against HF with roam/dk15 gets hit for AT LEAST 500 points. Player with mr set gets hit for 250-300 many times.

I dont think HF is overpowered by itself. We have to bear in mind that its a rare spell.. Today we find that 80% of the HF around were bought, and not only the spell, but the same people that bought HF also bought Zwand, Roam, maybe Liche neck, mps sets.. So we end up with an army of people with cash that bought the entire gear building the impression that HF is insanely overpowered..

True, and also the reason why i'm not "immidiately shutting the server to lower the HF damage".

HF will show its true face in Nemesis 3.... Where it will be rare and none will be sold in the first years, atleast not perma versions as were done in the past... and even non-perma (= corrupted) wouldn't appear untill the second or third year of Nemesis 3...

In Nemesis 2, as we know it now, our only resource to get donations is this kind of item sales, yet recently (some months ago actually) we changed them to corrupted versions because of the overwhealming amount of sales of non-corrupted that was received... we never thought, or intended to sell this amount of permanent rares, our price is more than double of the usual "market" price and yet people are willing to put the cash on the table just to have it.

For Nemesis 3 we have other means of funding the server, the approach towards how we'll fund it will be differently as the main flow of donations is moved from permanent or corrupted items to consumeable items which give the player a benefit towards their personal progression in PvE (such as experience boost, gold drop boost, and others).

Bring old quest like 60 cyc d2 , 80 igs in ib this 2 are the most easy for newbies , allow medu sword till get neme 3 , quit twins shits cuz no 1 like and no 1 kill , putt a few unis / demons at ml ... and plz change calendary of sade / held its no helping right now... need be some like this event / sade / event / held / sade / event / Held and raid days!

Edited by DamaBlanca

we need 2 days of raid, for news train at garden scorps and those things(for neme3)... and white, i thinh with rogm and dk15 hf will do 500 or more

@Dama: We're not planning many more changed for nemesis 2. However we will have 100ths of quests available between level 1 and 180 in nemesis 3. Likely these quests will be hosted (= obtainable) in cityhall from the start. Over a longer period of time we'll see more quests and unique quests appear around the game in specific maps offered by specific NPCs who can or can not be available at certain time stamps, or only after completing a certain "event" in the map (such as killing a semi-boss like mob) or visa versa where a semi-boss like mob only appears after accepting a quest from an NPC that wanders around the area (or map).

@tomas: There currently are more days of raid because PvP is more important in late-game than early game. In Nemesis 3 we anticipate for less raid days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) as early game the hunting and training/exping is more important.

well im start to pissed of train like hell between 4 or 8 mjs point for only and unique drop "leather ns" or nothing aint killing same monster , and see same 3 or 4 players fighting or doing quest like crazy to get a little reguard , nothing change all got rares and mass sets i only got 2 FH's char with shitty items cuz never but never drop me something look my best items droped was (blood axe + dr 77 hoses W) in all time here i start when Neme Arg Close and loose all my items with nothing to "help" to start in a server with a lot items. Its so unfair get an automatic event with 2 or 3 ppl in 1 city and in another 10+ for the love of god give the same chance to slay monsters.

well im start to pissed of train like hell between 4 or 8 mjs point for only and unique drop "leather ns" or nothing aint killing same monster , and see same 3 or 4 players fighting or doing quest like crazy to get a little reguard , nothing change all got rares and mass sets i only got 2 FH's char with shitty items cuz never but never drop me something look my best items droped was (blood axe + dr 77 hoses W) in all time here i start when Neme Arg Close and loose all my items with nothing to "help" to start in a server with a lot items. Its so unfair get an automatic event with 2 or 3 ppl in 1 city and in another 10+ for the love of god give the same chance to slay monsters.

summon events are indeed automatic... a town with 2 people gets alot less mobs than a town with 10+ people... and 2 people get less waves also as they can't handle the higher waves... can't kill a HC or TW with only 2.

The period you started playing a decay of people was already taking place. In general you can accept the statement that less people = less good drops. Why is this true? simple, less people play, so less random numbers are generated, so less chance that you get that exactly matching sequence of random numbers to drop you an good item. If more people play, more random numbers are generated and you get more likely to pull that sequence of numbers that gives you a good item.

Anyway, what are you hunting to get leather n/s? simple crayfish don't bring you HP 91% plate mail armors...

Que estupides detallar tus personajes en tu firma del foro, ni que fuese un CV.

Edited by LUZBE.

lo mismo q jugar este juego no te parece? , che desde neme arg no se te ve que paso te metieron patada en el culo en el LMDL ? eras vos el gm de ahi? que venis a buscar aca?

Jajajaja toy jugando LOL y esperando que mi amigo aca carloqs alberto pege un reset aca lmdl me aburrio y si soy gm ahi siempre lo soy.

PD: Me cruze en dicho server con tu amigo Smooky y me parece que hay otro mas al que lo tienen agarrado de las bolas por el norte.

Edited by LUZBE.