Sign in to follow this  
Xolotl

Revamp/replace Crusade & Heldenian & Other Events

Ok so I've played a couple games that had some features I noticed could be implemented in HB. I thought the way they worked is something that HB desperately needs.

These ones I got from this game called Wartune, in guild battles both sides always get some kind of reward for participating, winners get twice the amount. This is a no brainer for HB where something besides the possibility to gain EKs should bring players to the battle field. In this other game, should the battle drag on for more than 30 minutes, the winners rewards would get decreased by 15-25% and the losers rewards will increase by 15-25%, this works out because it further encourages the disadvantaged party to put up a fight and prolong the battle.

Another feature from the same game is a simple event where players simply start at opposite sides of a map, and gather resources in the center where most battles will occur. Once a player has gathered the resource they enter a "transport mode" that slows movement speed by 50%(I think 25% is suitable for HB), then they must transport the resources to an NPC back at the starting point. Every time resources are turned in, points are awarded, and the first side to reach 5k will win, if neither side has reached that amount after 30 minutes then the side with the most points will win.

Another addition that would go especially well with this game are features from Kingdom Rush.

It's like the minigame from FF7 in Fort Condor! In HB we already have a handful of turrets and other crusade/heldinian constructions & NPCs that could work in a similar function. An important detail from these games is that an offensive party must navigate narrow and restrictive passageways to a destination that the other party must defend.