Sign in to follow this  
javiiiiii

A View Of The Community On Nemesis 3

tengo un "bug" que es una pelotudes pero molesta.... antes cuando castiabas y apuntabas al tope de la pantalla <- -> le castiabas al suelo donde apuntabas mas alla si huebiera bichos o no...ahora los bichos se contraponen...no se si me me entiende? es molesto a la hora de tirar blizzar por q en ves de tirarselo atras del bicho se lo tiro al bicho y le pega re poco.

please consider resetting the server soon I would very much like to come back and start over on nemesis. I miss it

U are away and didnt know.

The server have bugs now. and we cant even consider a reset if we have no server ready.

Resetting now will be getting 300 ppl which will cry cause server will crash and situation will be worst.

Once we get stable back we will choose our future.

Well I apologize for posting that without reading more into it, I wasn't aware of the bug problems. However, when resolved I surely cannot wait to be an active member of Nemesis again :) . Till then maybe I'll waste time every now and again killing ettins :P

please consider resetting the server soon I would very much like to come back and start over on nemesis. I miss it

U are away and didnt know.

The server have bugs now. and we cant even consider a reset if we have no server ready.

Resetting now will be getting 300 ppl which will cry cause server will crash and situation will be worst.

Once we get stable back we will choose our future.

Well I apologize for posting that without reading more into it, I wasn't aware of the bug problems. However, when resolved I surely cannot wait to be an active member of Nemesis again :) . Till then maybe I'll waste time every now and again killing ettins :P

sure NP. more ppl playuing now is what we need so we can figure bugs faster. ty

hi guys. been playing a few days here and there, loving some new systems you added! the fights are small, but they are fun still. I don't think hb nem2 is deserted yet, still fertile ground to play in, but eventually all server become fruit and that's what happened which cause decline in player. also the new map scared people when it was first introduced. if there is to be nem3, please bind rare item to player. people will come and leave and items wont be passed on, they will die with player when he quits and this can stop fruity building up. just some thoughts thanks guys!

if there is to be nem3, please bind rare item to player.

This would kill one part of the game, trading.

Will be awesome getting ESW manual drop as warrior when you can't do a damn thing with it.

EDIT: Manual was a bad example. But let's say warrior gets berserk wand..

Edited by GeniuS

1 activation = 20 min per rare cant activate for 20 min that weapon new update coming dont forget..

oh ya I forgot about that xD

if there is to be nem3, please bind rare item to player.

This would kill one part of the game, trading.

Will be awesome getting ESW manual drop as warrior when you can't do a damn thing with it.

EDIT: Manual was a bad example. But let's say warrior gets berserk wand..

create command /debind [item] and is timed so cant be bound more than 1 time every 30 days. buyer/seller can wait 30 days if fresh drop im sure.

create command /debind [item] and is timed so cant be bound more than 1 time every 30 days. buyer/seller can wait 30 days if fresh drop im sure.

I wasn't really talking about buying or selling items,but trading them! Important part of the game. Waiting for 30 days for a trade, add different timezones... The trade is likely not to happen.

I wasn't really talking about buying or selling items,but trading them! Important part of the game. Waiting for 30 days for a trade, add different timezones... The trade is likely not to happen.

i'll wait. looks like i'll be getting all the good items =D

also if u mean rares which are sold by us. u can only buy 1 month corrupted items now.

also if u mean rares which are sold by us. u can only buy 1 month corrupted items now.

They not talking about what we got, but about items that drop being bound to a char once picked up.

And then you can unbind & re-bind (to another char) that item once every X time (they suggest every 30 days).

I think a mechanism of bound on aquire doesn't fit helbreath.

Simply because that'll discourage hunting as the items are becomming useless (lower statted items or rares that are used frequently), and nobody will wait 30 days or just any period of time to unbind a PA 9% leather armor to be able to sell it to a new player.

On top of that, such bound system will make zems obsolete and people will just raid and never drop anything except for pots... they don't need zems cuz their armors are bound.

Even if restricting the items that are bound to the more rare ones like SB, activation items, LB, DE, deva, etc etc... is also a possibility, yet this will discourage trading them with other players as it takes time to change the binding on them.

As a whole I don't see a reason to bind items to a player except for them not being able to drop, trade or sell (to shop) them... There is no other purpose of binding items to a player.

the non-dropping issue is an obvious drawback to having something bound in game terms. If there was a type of binding that still allows items to be dropped or traded but doesn't allow new owner to use till bound to them, and binding can only happen after 30 days from last binding. people will still trade because they know they can use them later so will still make sets. if not bound recently he can use immediately anyway once he binds to himself. besides, hunting should be for yourself, not just for trading or selling people who hunt item 24/7 and get 3-4 just to sell them, that don't help the rarity economy of the game and it fruits the server. any server can be fruited given enough hunting and enough time, no matter the drop rate. better to have a system that gradually removes older items periodically, the binding process helps this by not allowing items to be passed down too easily after a rich player begins to play less/stop. also as an added advantage, scammed items will still say on them original owner, until rebound.

the non-dropping issue is an obvious drawback to having something bound in game terms. If there was a type of binding that still allows items to be dropped or traded but doesn't allow new owner to use till bound to them, and binding can only happen after 30 days from last binding. people will still trade because they know they can use them later so will still make sets. if not bound recently he can use immediately anyway once he binds to himself. besides, hunting should be for yourself, not just for trading or selling people who hunt item 24/7 and get 3-4 just to sell them, that don't help the rarity economy of the game and it fruits the server. any server can be fruited given enough hunting and enough time, no matter the drop rate. better to have a system that gradually removes older items periodically, the binding process helps this by not allowing items to be passed down too easily after a rich player begins to play less/stop. also as an added advantage, scammed items will still say on them original owner, until rebound.

What you propose is a new kind of "bound item" type that links the item to your char.

What about situations where you kill an enemy, he drops his SB, but it's bound to him, you need to wait up to 30 days before you can use your precious drop...

Hunting is for yourself, basically you hunt items and sell them to be able to buy better ones for yourself.

In the end this kind of system with re-binding it after 1 month won't avoid items being passed down, it will still occur but it'll only slow down the process, stretching a sale of items about 30 days.

Although it would obviously discourage item sales, yet it would encourage account sales as a whole.

If you prefer a system of rares disapearing gradually over time, then you're looking towards a system we've been thinking about for some time: Limited & Corrupted drops.

With such drops amongst the normal items, and those limited & corrupted items appearing more frequently, you'll see item disapearing over time and less normal (aka permanent) items will be/stay in the game.

Yet also this kind of system stretches the life time of a server for serveral years and yet won't avoid in the end getting into the same state as nemesis is now, with massive rares spread to a very small group of players. It'll just take more time before it happens.

There is no way to prevent items being passed down, all we can do is slow it down and make the process more complex.

This slowdown lengthens the life time of a server, yet I am not in favour of such kind of item binding path, I'd rather prefer using other techniques such as reducing the amount of "items per minute" that can drop (by adding limited & corrupted items in the drop system).

your sb example is bad because most people don't use SB stats build or have int angel laying around so they would have to make maj to change build which would take time anyway. but if I look at your real point more, you can say in other example, say abh drops and you already 200 or 182 str; yes you would want to use immediately, but this is not very often happening and we both know that. bbh4 dropped for me once but I couldn't use anyway. how often that happen? i'm 50/50 on whether armors should be bound, but weapon binding I think would be more important at this stage.

sorry I pressed post too early! your other thoughts are interesting and I have to agree with the idea of making perma items much rarer, but allowing limited or corrupt items more chance to drop and extending them to a few months in life to give them some trade value, also that means it will be necessary to go hunting more often, which increase pit activity and raise raiding activity too. it will stimulate the EK and item economy, while having less impact on progression to fruity server. I don't think stopping a server from ever becoming fruity is impossible, because there is some outgoing items which disappear with quitting characters who don't want to pass item on or forget to because they don't expect to quit, also only small % of total server items are in use at any one time. adding on to this, we should sell ring of mage apprentice and ms5 neck in shop, with similar warrior items, none of which can be used in crafting, they are only there to fill the item slot with some small advantage for new players. roma can be 1 dmg and all other mage rings move up +1 dmg in the table. mage rings always been a little underpowered anyway, and if you move xring to 8 dmg then you will have space to bump up all rings bellow it +1 and have a noob war ring at shop, something like Squire ring. as you know i'm not always in favour of making new things, better to try re-organise old things for improved system, but in this I think it could be useful. angels are easy enough to get +0 at 5 maj

What yo usay is true, such limited & corrupted items will require people to keep hunting, because their awesome item they found in the pit will expire at one point in time.

Meanwhile they got this item, they need to use it to its best purpose... choose to raid with it, or hunt for better or even permanent items... either ways they benefit from the temporary item, yet they're preasured to keep on hunting for more & better because their found item will run out of time soon.

The apprentice ring idea you got would benefit the new players if they get access to such item(s) fast and early in their career...

Yet I wouldn't have any problem with them finding a RoW or Ogre Ring from a slime/giant-ant/scorpion/orc/zombie/skeleton, perhaps even in corrupted/limited form. That way they get early access to low valueable items which they'll discard on a later stage when they start hunting the BIG things like Wyverns, Demons and other mobs that drop the superior versions of the rings.

I think adding more drop possibilities on low lvl mobs with a fairly decent drop rate will make those items being used. As I see it now RoW and Ogre Rings arn't used as they're found from big mobs who also drop the superior, by the time they can kill the big mobs, they'll hunt for the superior ring and only use the lower ring temporarly while waiting for the superior to actually drop for them.

This is basically re-organising what's already in there... without adding new items.

I still prefer limited/corrupted drops over a binding system.

I do agree that at one point in PvP tournament system there should be a limitation of items and sorta "bind" them to a single character to use (just during the PvP tournament), kinda like you need to "register" which items you'll use in the battle and cannot register a single item twice.

Some other issue we face is the useability of items, as I mentioned before, making the less used items drop early in the game play will make them more usefull, yet over time all players will have grown out of the phase of using them and stockpile a ton of them and even ignore them when dropped from high level mobs.

That kind of waste-items should be made useful again on higher level after they've been out-grown. I'm thinking about systems that allow you to recycle these items or use them in skills such as crafting, manufacturing, alchemy and others to create components that become useful on a higher level.

I'm thinking about components used to sorta "extract" stats of lower %'s and then combine those "extracted" stats together to upgrade them one stage to a higher level. This would make an HP 7% item useful again, as you'd use waste-items to make "extracting" items and combine the HP 7% item with the extracting item to obtain just the hp 7 stat. Which on its own you can combine with another hp 7 stat along side with some other ingredients to make an HP 14 stat, which you can then apply again to another item...

If you keep doing that, in the end you'll get your HP 91% item after combining a shitload of low level items together.

Obviously a factor of luck will be encapsulated in here where there would be a chance to fail extracting, upgrading or applying the stat.

The way gear is gained and the way wealth can be built/spent needs entire restructure lol.

You guys know this game has poor circulation of gears, given the limited selection of equipment even intermediate gears like Ring of Demon takes a couple or more months of dedicated grinding to trade for. Still then it's no guarantee as no one traded for stones, that's why I stopped playing 'cause 100+ zems/mer/xel couldn't trade for nothing, so never got better than an ogre ring, and it's boring knowing you'll be stuck with basically the same gear for at least a month. This game you need the right item and the right buyer... very cumbersome economy.

Fix the game up so gears like physical damage+50 can fit. That way you can have all bonuses ranging from +1 to +50 available. There you go 40 new rings/necklaces to get flowing through the economy.

Economics 101, circulation of commodities is essential.

that's why I stopped playing 'cause 100+ zems/mer/xel couldn't trade for nothing

Why didn't you just make yourself necklaces? They are highly valuable and easy to trade even with current server state.