Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Scheduled Maintance: Applying Version 5.41 Update.

Just noticed that if you are invis'd and cast zerk, the invis buff marker dose not remove but stays in corner untill it runs out of time. Even tho you are attacking mobs.

Thx to notify this, it'll be fixed in v5.41.001 (comming this weekend)

Dear white,

I have a major issue with this Pfm timing. If you can cancel ur own Pfm and zeros this will make timing ur enemy impossible. Fights will just be ppl running off screen and amp or Pfm. It will make timing enemies impossible....is there a specific purpose to why you can cancel ur own Pfm? Otherwise I honestly don't see the point. Never in any hb servers I've played u could do that.

If the enemy outruns you, he has outsmarted you... if he re-pfms/amps outside your screen, he once again outsmarted you...

The purpose to cancel your own buffs it to re-cast them or change your buff as needed.

example 1: You're raiding in a group, you're running out of pfm, but a mage isn't near you as you're chasing someone or busy fighting. You decide to PFM. Then one mage has more time or another mage joins and you want to go amp, now you can cancel your buff and get amped.

example 2: You're hunting Wyverns or dragons, suddenly a mage casts amp while you're luring the wyvern or dragon, you didn't want this cuz it'll lose focus if you go too far away from it. Now you can cancel that amp fight away again and continue luring the mob where you want it to be. Same applies to tankers of TW, HC and Dragons, they want to be GDS and not amped or pfmed... mistakes happen, you can now correct them very fast by cancelling out your own buff and getting the one you needed.

example 3: Leveling/Exping, you get berserk on you, you see exactly when it's going to end and can eventually cancel & re-zerk yourself when the mobs in your pit are respawning or you got a second off to the border of the pit. simply cancel buff & apply it again and save time.

example 4: mis-cast, when you're raiding and another player in your raid group attempts to pfa the enemy, but accidentally casts it on you... you'd be screwed and the battle turns in your disadvantage... now with this buffs you can cancel the PFA from your buddy and keep the advantage of the battle you're already having upon chasing the enemy.

Also, now that you dont ever have to time ur own Pfm it's kinda lame because then ppl will always be Pfm/amp.

True, you don't really have to time yourself, yet you'd still have to watch the damn number on the icon in the corner, which can potentionally get your concentration off for a slim second.

All major games like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft and many others have this identical system... you got used to them back there, get used to it having it here also. It's more of an advantage rather than adisadvantage. It also benefits the new players, it's less complicated for them to know which buffs they got on and how long they last. Never again will they ask "how long does pfm last?", because they can see it on the buff. They never got to time themselfs again. Timing yourself is from the ancient era, not of the today's.

Anyway, if you don't like the buffs and prefer time yourself: "/togglebufficons" and you're settled, buff icons gone, never shown again for you. (P.S. use same command again to turn back on !)

It's just my opinion but I feel it takes away the true fighting in hb. Now u can always just fake time ur own Pfm but actually re Pfm.

In my opinion it doesn't, because you still can't see the enemy's timer, you'd still need "skill" to keep track of your enemies time. Sure they can cancel their buff, re-cast, or fake-cast their spells. An enemy would be stupid to cancel his own buff in the middle of a fight. Re-casting also occured in the past, legit re-casts still occur in the present, no change here. fake-cast is also from the past, and remains in the present. It's called tactics and misleading your enemy to get the battle in your favor.

If the manjority of the population do is worried so much about their enemy cancelling their own PFM or AMP spells, I can add an effect when they cancel a specific buff to show on-screen (same as when applying a buff, but rather a different effect visualisation where the buff is "removed" or "reversed"). Yet I don't see much issues in it, as once again, an enemy would be plain stupid to cancel his buff in the middle of a fight without having any purpose or tactics to attempt and mislead you in battle.

Maybe a zerk timer is good, but an amp timer Pfm timer Pfa timer I think is honestly unnecessary....you should be able to time ur own Pfm.

If you don't like the buffs and prefer time yourself: "/togglebufficons" and you're settled, buff icons gone, never shown again for you. (P.S. use same command again to turn back on !)

Also some spots in shop and ml you can't step on. It's like there's a tree there when there isn't

Get me the coordinates and i'll take a look into this.

Dear white,

I have a major issue with this Pfm timing. If you can cancel ur own Pfm and zeros this will make timing ur enemy impossible. Fights will just be ppl running off screen and amp or Pfm. It will make timing enemies impossible....is there a specific purpose to why you can cancel ur own Pfm? Otherwise I honestly don't see the point. Never in any hb servers I've played u could do that.

Also, now that you dont ever have to time ur own Pfm it's kinda lame because then ppl will always be Pfm/amp.

It's just my opinion but I feel it takes away the true fighting in hb. Now u can always just fake time ur own Pfm but actually re Pfm.

Maybe a zerk timer is good, but an amp timer Pfm timer Pfa timer I think is honestly unnecessary....you should be able to time ur own Pfm.

+1 Here.

Maybe we should not allow to cancel buffs. needs discussion.

I'm glad farjat sees my point. In your first example white I don't see why you have to cancel your Pfm and have a Mage amp you. Either way you still can't be paralyzed and the only thing is mim, which sucks but all warriors basically have to learn to play with it? I dunno,

In your second example, if you accidentally get amped while luring iw or whatever mob, you can't wait that extra min for it to resolve? Hunting iw takes some time too so an extra minute not gonna make a huge diff?

In 3rd example if your timing for your own zerk and Pfm for demons or Pfa for DEs and u cancel ur own buff then those mobs won't know ur cancelled? I thought Mobs know and that's why when u lose timing u get attacked like mad. So in my opinion while you are hunting and leveling learning to time your own Pfm and zerk Hp regen mp regen Etc etc is a true true skill. And seeing all of that on your screen...it kinda takes away from the game....dunno

Anyhow not trying to argue or anything but just trying to keep gameplay for hb fun!

Cyas!

I'm glad farjat sees my point. In your first example white I don't see why you have to cancel your Pfm and have a Mage amp you. Either way you still can't be paralyzed and the only thing is mim, which sucks but all warriors basically have to learn to play with it? I dunno,

In your second example, if you accidentally get amped while luring iw or whatever mob, you can't wait that extra min for it to resolve? Hunting iw takes some time too so an extra minute not gonna make a huge diff?

In 3rd example if your timing for your own zerk and Pfm for demons or Pfa for DEs and u cancel ur own buff then those mobs won't know ur cancelled? I thought Mobs know and that's why when u lose timing u get attacked like mad. So in my opinion while you are hunting and leveling learning to time your own Pfm and zerk Hp regen mp regen Etc etc is a true true skill. And seeing all of that on your screen...it kinda takes away from the game....dunno

Anyhow not trying to argue or anything but just trying to keep gameplay for hb fun!

Cyas!

As you mention, it matters for mim, and also for the remaining damage you'd get hit for when pfmed, vs having no damage when amped. For some it's important... maybe not for you.

Again, IW example, the minute makes a diff for some people... for others it doesn't... it also causes furstration, if it happens multiple times due to incompetent mages or drunk mages, then it gets annoying and 1 minute quickly becomes 10 minutes wasted...

In the third example, you don't see it. i'll explain more carefully, when you hunt DE, and see you're about to run out (~5 sec left) you run outside the DE's their FoV (field of view), cancel buff, and cast pfa again. You save 5 seconds there as you anticipated in time. another example is when hunting cycs, you're zerked (and eventually pfmed), you run aside of the pit, cancel zerk (or do it as it's about to run out), cancel pfm to keep them together on the timers. This way you save again time as you don't have to stop 15 sec later once more to pfm yourself again while hunting. it's many diferent possibilities, but you fail to see the benefit from it. It might not be important to you, but you must see the greater aspect rather then only see your own vision of what you like or dislike to proparly understand why we're making decisions like these. It's one of the reasons We're the admins, and you're the player, we see the bigger picture and leave our own opinions in the drawer.

Timing things like pfm, zerk, hp/mp/sp regens etc takes some "skill" to do, although I don't consider it real skill. A human mind isn't made to remember 5 different timings of 5 different functions and add an addiitonal 10 timers of the enemy raid group. To relief the mind from this task, we made these buff icons and their timers, taking away the need to remember 2 or 3 different timing already of your own buffs. It gives the mind more room to focus on the battle rather than the timing.

I like them. I think the cancelling of buffs will add a new element to fights and hunting. Maybe not a huge new element but enough to shake up the game a bit.

If you know that the enemy will/can cancell and retime in the middle of a fight, it kinda forces you to adjust your tactics from what we all been dong for years and try new things to get the ek.

well thats my 2 cents

I like them. I think the cancelling of buffs will add a new element to fights and hunting. Maybe not a huge new element but enough to shake up the game a bit.

If you know that the enemy will/can cancell and retime in the middle of a fight, it kinda forces you to adjust your tactics from what we all been dong for years and try new things to get the ek.

well thats my 2 cents

+1 here also!

Well if that's the case, I'm okay with canceling buffs as long as something happens to show that he is canceling the buff.

Although I still feel canceling takes away the true gameplay of hb. (Which was created by the koreans and they are the best at timing xD).

Edited by fyw721

well thats my 2 cents

+1 here also!

+1 the +1, I agree that it is a new element that makes some change and that it should be given a try rather than being burned to the ground from a pre-release or first-impression opnion.

lets try 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 if can... this weekend can test all this points.

I agree on this, it should be given a try to figure out of these features are actually properly balanced and workable in the real game on massive scale. (This are things normally occuring in a test server, we got one, but not enough people are willing to join to create artificial fights and situations for testing purposes, although rewards towards constructive and massive testing are royal.)

Well if that's the case, I'm okay with canceling buffs as long as something happens to show that he is canceling the buff.

Although I still feel canceling takes away the true gameplay of hb. (Which was created by the koreans and they are the best at timing xD).

Yet they've also adopted the change of buff icons in Helbreath...

The thing is....you would never know whether he is faking or not. A smart player would sometimes cast a Pfm with and sometimes without canceling, and then You would never know his time lol I mean it's not that is bad but players with nice armor sets, unless u para him he will never die lol....

The thing is....you would never know whether he is faking or not. A smart player would sometimes cast a Pfm with and sometimes without canceling, and then You would never know his time lol I mean it's not that is bad but players with nice armor sets, unless u para him he will never die lol....

The faking part is something occuring from the past also.

But yes, you got one point saying that when an enemy casts a pfm, you can't know when he cancels it (because there is no effect showing it got cancelled). Which makes it indeed even theoretically impossible to time him, even if he is within your screen.

On top of that, if such effect would exist, you once again got a point that you can't theoretically time him when he runs off-screen and cancels the buff.

So perhaps as Farjat mentions we should have a discussion on having the buff cancelling possible or not, or have a semi-implementation of only allowing certain buffs to be cancelled out, those that don't affect PvP in a negative way for the opponent. (e.g. cancelling your own zerk is only negative for yourself, it doesn't harm the enemy. Cancelling safe-buff doesn't harm enemy either, it only harms yourself. cancelling invi doesn't harm the enemy, but only yourself. Basically only PFM/AMP/DS/GDS and PFA buff (all these are known as "protection" buffs) harm the enemy if cancelled.)

But yes, you got one point saying that when an enemy casts a pfm, you can't know when he cancels it (because there is no effect showing it got cancelled). Which makes it indeed even theoretically impossible to time him, even if he is within your screen.

On top of that, if such effect would exist, you once again got a point that you can't theoretically time him when he runs off-screen and cancels the buff.

So perhaps as Farjat mentions we should have a discussion on having the buff cancelling possible or not, or have a semi-implementation of only allowing certain buffs to be cancelled out, those that don't affect PvP in a negative way for the opponent. (e.g. cancelling your own zerk is only negative for yourself, it doesn't harm the enemy. Cancelling safe-buff doesn't harm enemy either, it only harms yourself. cancelling invi doesn't harm the enemy, but only yourself. Basically only PFM/AMP/DS/GDS and PFA buff (all these are known as "protection" buffs) harm the enemy if cancelled.)

i like this discussion! going goo way.

So as a summary we have a few options:

Non protective buffs can cancel. we are ok we can leave it.

protection Buffs:

If cant cancel = pvp is same as always.

if can cancel = pvp might have changes, but we dont know if will be positive or not.

As helbreath pvp is something the players love and its the best of helbreath, changing his way can be dangerous and unconfortable. But also can be good. I think we must leave it and see. we can always disable or change it in a week. But if we dont test it we will never know.

protection Buffs:

if can cancel = pvp might have changes, but we dont know if will be positive or not.

As helbreath pvp is something the players love and its the best of helbreath, changing his way can be dangerous and unconfortable. But also can be good. I think we must leave it and see. we can always disable or change it in a week. But if we dont test it we will never know.

Nononono , cancel never can change! , my point doesnt matter who got canc , the lvl of skill at fight of the players its all!! its simple if Farjat got cancel all aim farjat :wub: :wub: till he down! huahuahua , so plz give a few days for test !

protection Buffs:

Nononono , cancel never can change! , my point doesnt matter who got canc , the lvl of skill at fight of the players its all!! its simple if Farjat got cancel all aim farjat :wub: :wub: till he down! huahuahua , so plz give a few days for test !

i mean cancelling the buff, not cancel spell noob!!

If the enemy outruns you, he has outsmarted you... if he re-pfms/amps outside your screen, he once again outsmarted you...

The purpose to cancel your own buffs it to re-cast them or change your buff as needed.

example 1: You're raiding in a group, you're running out of pfm, but a mage isn't near you as you're chasing someone or busy fighting. You decide to PFM. Then one mage has more time or another mage joins and you want to go amp, now you can cancel your buff and get amped.

example 2: You're hunting Wyverns or dragons, suddenly a mage casts amp while you're luring the wyvern or dragon, you didn't want this cuz it'll lose focus if you go too far away from it. Now you can cancel that amp fight away again and continue luring the mob where you want it to be. Same applies to tankers of TW, HC and Dragons, they want to be GDS and not amped or pfmed... mistakes happen, you can now correct them very fast by cancelling out your own buff and getting the one you needed.

example 3: Leveling/Exping, you get berserk on you, you see exactly when it's going to end and can eventually cancel & re-zerk yourself when the mobs in your pit are respawning or you got a second off to the border of the pit. simply cancel buff & apply it again and save time.

example 4: mis-cast, when you're raiding and another player in your raid group attempts to pfa the enemy, but accidentally casts it on you... you'd be screwed and the battle turns in your disadvantage... now with this buffs you can cancel the PFA from your buddy and keep the advantage of the battle you're already having upon chasing the enemy.

Let's see..

Example 1: While fighting you have to take decisions. If you raid with mages, and these are in a situation that cant amp you or they are dying, then you failed to support them (or you got outnumbered). Everyone know mages are first aim at fights, unless theres someone easier around.. If you decide to take pfm, its a risk you take, you shouldn't be able to revert that, why make it easier? Sometimes fights are won because of that, someone that took a pfm instead of amp.. Thats why its great to have a cancel mage with you also.. the fact that he can cancel your pfm or whatever..

Example 2: Again, mistakes that happens which can be avoided.. Once again, always making it easier when it doesn't have to. Wait the minute, or keep luring, or change lurer, or get canceled by a cancel mage and not a *censored*ing button.

Example 3: I dont get it.. People have to learn to time theirself, dying is part of the game..If you failed to pfa between 20 dark elfs, or try to run, or die.. face it.

Example 4: Again, risks you run while figthing. As before, things like this can decide the winning side on a battle. Once again, taking away one of the advantages of having a cancel mage on your side. If you pfaed a friend, then make everything for him to survive in the case he dies. It also forced you to train your hand and aim.

Example 1 and 4 are two important aspects of PVP.. Why make it easier, its stupid the way i see it..

True, you don't really have to time yourself, yet you'd still have to watch the damn number on the icon in the corner, which can potentionally get your concentration off for a slim second.

All major games like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft and many others have this identical system... you got used to them back there, get used to it having it here also. It's more of an advantage rather than adisadvantage. It also benefits the new players, it's less complicated for them to know which buffs they got on and how long they last. Never again will they ask "how long does pfm last?", because they can see it on the buff. They never got to time themselfs again. Timing yourself is from the ancient era, not of the today's.

Anyway, if you don't like the buffs and prefer time yourself: "/togglebufficons" and you're settled, buff icons gone, never shown again for you. (P.S. use same command again to turn back on !)

In my opinion it doesn't, because you still can't see the enemy's timer, you'd still need "skill" to keep track of your enemies time. Sure they can cancel their buff, re-cast, or fake-cast their spells. An enemy would be stupid to cancel his own buff in the middle of a fight. Re-casting also occured in the past, legit re-casts still occur in the present, no change here. fake-cast is also from the past, and remains in the present. It's called tactics and misleading your enemy to get the battle in your favor.

If the manjority of the population do is worried so much about their enemy cancelling their own PFM or AMP spells, I can add an effect when they cancel a specific buff to show on-screen (same as when applying a buff, but rather a different effect visualisation where the buff is "removed" or "reversed"). Yet I don't see much issues in it, as once again, an enemy would be plain stupid to cancel his buff in the middle of a fight without having any purpose or tactics to attempt and mislead you in battle.

WoW and those games are pure shit regarding pvp.. Helbreath has (had..) this thing that makes it great: a great pvp action.

Timing yourself is essential in a fight.. But now you dont need to..Watching 1 second the number thats above you wont make you loose concentration. New players have to learn to time theirself, its a basic from the game. Besides "the today's" game sucks dicks, this is why I always kept playing HB, because it was from the "ancient era" and had the best pvp action ever.. Turning it into WoW or some shit like that its so wrong..

If the majority of the population is worried about this, you should consider eliminating from game directly.

This buffs changes are tools to players to make stupid fights occuring nowadays more stupid.