Sign in to follow this  
itachi

Reset Is Not An Option?

reset i wanna play XD fresh servers are the best!!!

Let me reply with a quote:

We are not ready for a reset yet.

Farjat is correct right there.

We need to stablize the servers first... but without population this is very hard...

Crazy idea/suggestion (don't take me seriously on this one !): Get all your friends to return to nemesis, play the damn server like there is no tomorrow and crash it 24/7 giving us a hell of a job to fix the remaining issues, once that's done, i'll reset the server for your effort lol xD (once again, don't take this serious, it's an outrageous idea, but would be cool if it actually happend that a bunch of people return (100+) to test down the current nemesis to the ground and then ask for a reset)

Na dont reset. 39 stormbringers in a server is legit.... lol

they're all legit, it's 32 by the way... but that doesn't mean it's justified to have 32 in the game !

Cant bring players that easy, server is boring as hell. Yesterday I logged to see if I could fight some ares.. spent 1 hour at ares city after raiding maps and found no ares willing to fight. The ones that appeared ran into WH or shop.. I log and get bored, nothing to do, thats why I ain't logging no more... And like me, there are thousands of similar cases. Vicious circle: Get bored --> stop logging --> low population --> get bored.

One things its true: its perfect time for new players to start. But, why would they? Who wants to start a server with 20 online, 15 afk? Maps are empty, chats are dead, I even prefer a chat full of shittalk but alive..

Server needs a restart. Want to keep pushing this situation? Since last bigger update nemesis kept sinking.

It had times where future was uncertain, like when Argentinian server appeared, and it endured.. But now, lol, theres no chance.

You know what else helped this situation to get worse? Arrogance, pride. Thinking that this server is unquestionably the best. Not assuming that server HAS a big problem, and keep insulting other server that have better features in some aspects. Always playing the card thats this server been online for 890 light years. Also kept saying: "if you dont like how things are done here, go somewhere else.", well, sometimes its better to listen to the ones that play your server.. people did as said, they left, and many left angry.

And I say everything of the above with all the "love" I have to this server, but the present situation its unecessary.

Why fear so much a reset? Server was stable before the last update, what happened in the middle..?

Cant bring players that easy, server is boring as hell. Yesterday I logged to see if I could fight some ares.. spent 1 hour at ares city after raiding maps and found no ares willing to fight. The ones that appeared ran into WH or shop.. I log and get bored, nothing to do, thats why I ain't logging no more... And like me, there are thousands of similar cases. Vicious circle: Get bored --> stop logging --> low population --> get bored.

One things its true: its perfect time for new players to start. But, why would they? Who wants to start a server with 20 online, 15 afk? Maps are empty, chats are dead, I even prefer a chat full of shittalk but alive..

Server needs a restart. Want to keep pushing this situation? Since last bigger update nemesis kept sinking.

It had times where future was uncertain, like when Argentinian server appeared, and it endured.. But now, lol, theres no chance.

You know what else helped this situation to get worse? Arrogance, pride. Thinking that this server is unquestionably the best. Not assuming that server HAS a big problem, and keep insulting other server that have better features in some aspects. Always playing the card thats this server been online for 890 light years. Also kept saying: "if you dont like how things are done here, go somewhere else.", well, sometimes its better to listen to the ones that play your server.. people did as said, they left, and many left angry.

And I say everything of the above with all the "love" I have to this server, but the present situation its unecessary.

Why fear so much a reset? Server was stable before the last update, what happened in the middle..?

agree how bout server reset and then we will help fix it give us some hope...these updates are cool but they arent brand new....and its not why other servers are populated. its because they are new fresh.......fresh servers = most fun to play...

if your gathering ideas .... do a all vs all pvp event and a random teams event or something....things to do other than hunting...really im guessing most of us are very old players, and mostly like pvp action apposed to grind korea mode in d4 players.. BTW this question even being asked is the only reason im posted... i think if more people even knew that this might be a possibiliaty that it would also have more people posting here! just some thoughts

I'm not trying to argue with you....but can you guarantee that people will return to server once resets? All the players in hbo and other servers just going to magically return to nemesis? White also said that if reset right now it's gonna be very unstable....continuous dc dc dc dc and can't load....so ppl get frustatrated that cannot play and quit......and if server reset and still few ppl...who's to blame...u?

Yes we're arrogant and have alot of pride, as you say, we're here for 890 light years (about 1000 actually). If we would listen to our players and be the slaves of them, we'd be at nemesis 890 already by now, players asked a reset 3 years ago already... yet we didn't listen, we were, and are, arrogant, because we, the admins, have the life experience of a good helbreath server and know exactly how to run it, that's what makes us proud, proud to be the arrogant admins that deny a reset on player demand, proud that we only are in nemesis 2 and not yet nemesis 890.

If you don't like our arrogance, our pride, then you're free to go any other server. We just know, for the past 10 years people have been comming and going, whenever any other server opens, they go, to take a look, yet always return to the trusted and well established helbreath environment, nemesis 2, the arrogant, yet proud server. If we'd be all that bad, then people wouldn't return. people like stability, a home to stay and play. that's exactly what nemesis offers, stability, we don't do crazy stuff like reset every year or vanish from the scene and restart with a different name, or change ownership and whipe all the stuffs, etc etc... we provide a stable and well established helbreath server.

If you have some trust in nemesis and its admins, you'd know from long ago already that we have forseen anything and everything that is, or can be comming on our path. Everything in Nemesis has a reason why it's where and has a purpose to stear the server to the destiny we want it to go. Nemesis' admins have so many years of experience in the scene that they know exactly how to handle a server long-term, anything and everything is planned for the long-term. We have foreseen a situation like this many years ago, and have our own internal procedures and mechanics to handle this kind of sitations. Nemesis has seen many times low populations, many items low balance... Nemesis has everything, yet we're still here to play.

We don't fear a reset, a reset is a matter of time, preparation and dedication. Without it, it will always end in a distaster.

The server wasn't stable before last update, it hasn't been stable since I first touched it. that's reality. Yet in the initial years the admins were here in numbers to resolve the issue asap, yet with the years admin activity decreased to a point where support for a server crash takes between some minutes to some hours before it's notified and resolved.

As Farjat mentioned before, resetting now is a bad idea, for the exact reason that there is insufficient acitivity from the admins to resolve situations like these. That's why we're anticipating and encouraging players to play more and test down the current nemesis 2 to the ground and far below it, all to flatten out the bugs and ensure we have the stable source from before which can handle 200+ people without problems. 1 crash every 3 days with 15 people quickly escaltes to 1 crash every 7 hours with 150 people online... where 200 or 250+ result in crashes every 2 to 3 hours. This is what would make us fail, this will make people go away and not return, because stability is what is needed.

I'm not trying to argue with you....but can you guarantee that people will return to server once resets? All the players in hbo and other servers just going to magically return to nemesis? White also said that if reset right now it's gonna be very unstable....continuous dc dc dc dc and can't load....so ppl get frustatrated that cannot play and quit......and if server reset and still few ppl...who's to blame...u?

I agree... and who's gonna pay up for the losses the people have suffered from, the ones who have all the good things now...

I agree... and who's gonna pay up for the losses the people have suffered from, the ones who have all the good things now...

most the people that would play im guessing do have good stuff.......guess what still dont play, but i see the point in the server is messed up, that would be annoying to log in and mass dc....

and to that magical bullstuff about people magically appering,,, welcome to helbreath, where fresh servers are the most fun to play ... thats the magic ..................................................................................can you guarantee that the earth isnt going to spin faster,,,, can you guarantee anything really? nope welcome to the real world XD

Edited by ognib

sorry ive been with very bad internet lately but i am back.

u guys dont hear us.

i will say it more straight.

I agree we have very good reasons to reset now. And also very good reasons not to reset it.

The server files are not stable. WE ARE NOT READY FOR A RESET.

i prefer to wait 3 months with an empty but fixed server. I prefer to wait 3 months for Olympia to become more bored. I prefer to wait 3 months to make a cash shop but consumables only. Fragile and limited cash shop. i prefer to wait 3 months to make a better and SEO oriented new Website. I prefer to wait 3 months cause maybe ppl just get back (happened already). I prefer to wait 3 months because WE ARE NOT READY.

Note: 3 Months is just a way to say. Theres no estimated time for a reset. We cant predict it yet. Sorry.

----------------

Dont loose more time asking when. If u guys want to post make a topic like "how nemesis 3 should be" and loose time on it. maybe its good for future reference!

all is said here.. agreeing.. i asked old neme player on Olympia why they all leaved nemesis and i think most reply was their char got banned and friends folowed.. also each new update serv is more lag and unstable..

Simple fact. GMs sell items=server is going to die (took less than a year for nemesis). The fact that staff treats players very poorly (As pointed out by Amon) and the server being so laggy/delayed is nothing compared to the selling of items. You destroy the economy and the desire to hunt for items naturally. And once a good number of your players get there hands on rare/over powered items they will become bored very fast. Especially once they realize it doenst matter what you own, because kids are just gonna hide in the shop/wh/safe zones with $1k+ worth of items in there bag and talk shit on global chat.

Edited by foefoe

Should not forget i still needs to pay us$250 monthly to have it !

Its a fact very easy to ignore if u are not the one that have to pay it !

Selling 1k rares worked for a few months but its not working for like 3 months ago which i payed myself as always.

I think selling fragile and corrupted only is the way for future.

[

Selling 1k rares worked for a few months but its not working for like 3 months ago which i payed myself as always.

Agreed fragile/corrupt items would have helped the situation. However the decision to begin selling rare items/misc services for money damaged the integrity of the server. The sales from that should have at least secured some of those costs in the future in my opinion. Your money is your business, but i dont think its fair (not that you care) to complain about those costs now. Especially when the first month of item selling would have been enough to cover those costs for at least a year+you can pocket some or spend on coding etc...

On the other side, Staff has covered the cost of the server for many years, and i dont blame you for wanting to recoup some of those losses or at least help with future costs or even just take some money for yourself. But there are always consequences.

[

Agreed fragile/corrupt items would have helped the situation. However the decision to begin selling rare items/misc services for money damaged the integrity of the server. The sales from that should have at least secured some of those costs in the future in my opinion. Your money is your business, but i dont think its fair (not that you care) to complain about those costs now. Especially when the first month of item selling would have been enough to cover those costs for at least a year+you can pocket some or spend on coding etc...

On the other side, Staff has covered the cost of the server for many years, and i dont blame you for wanting to recoup some of those losses or at least help with future costs or even just take some money for yourself. But there are always consequences.

It's always negative to sell permanent items in a game, specially one like helbreath where items make a big difference.

We've set prices extreemly high, not expecting to have so many crazy and rich guys around willing to pay for the items, it was kind of unexpected.

We anticipated to sell a few which would cover costs for a couple of months, but didn't expect people to actually buy items like hell fire manuals at 1k USD, knowing the "black market" or "player market" sells them at 40% of the price... yet people prefer to pay more for some reason, i guess trustability.

Anyway, what we earned covered us indeed for some time, but money doesn't last, especially not when spent on expensive things like upgrading hardware, software etc to benefit the server.

Yet we don't have any issues paying it ourselfs, well Farjat doesn't have an issue paying it himself, yet it is too easly forgotten that this server costs 250$ a month, with or without income, it will be payed by Farjat anyway.

Fragiles, Corrupted, Limited, consumeables and estheatical items are a much more sustainable way to go, yet even the fragile, corrupted & limited items make a major difference for the game play as there WILL (I am certain of this considering we underestimated the amount of people who bought very expensive items already) be crazy & rich people who will buy themselfs "permanent" versions (buy the same limited/corrupted/fragile items every time it runs out in order to have it permanently).

well , next time server exp x 1 and 6 months without buy any rare o whatever in market(just GM services ) ? , or can open server Arg again for 1 year? there we gonna test with 100 on maybe.

well , next time server exp x 1 and 6 months without buy any rare o whatever in market(just GM services ) ? , or can open server Arg again for 1 year? there we gonna test with 100 on maybe.

IF, I repeat IF we are ready, again IF we are READY for a reset, to clearify once more, we are NOT YET ready for it, but IF it does occur that we are...

Then there will never ever be permanent items again in the store, just services, consumeables and esthetical items (such as dyes). And events wouldn't hand out permanents either, your only way to get one will be hunting one, because events will hand out corrupted, limited, fragile, consumeables or esthetical items. On top of that all the store stuff like services and items etc will be fully automated so you don't need an admin anymore to buy it, or to receive it or even apply it (e-mail change, name change, ...)

Basically you can say we'd change some stuff here and there to improve the overall well being of the server (such as automated services etc...)

But for now, once again, we are NOT READY YET as Farjat said before.

point noted that we are not ready.

as a oldskool player that has been through nemesis 1 & 2, as well as several quits and comebacks, i figured that the best time i had was when the there's a constant flow of 100+ people on everyday. guild hunts, guild fights, awesome good old days. hopefully for some reason or another, the crowds will come pouring back to nemesis. i do foresee new players not being incline to join due to the mass rares that are available in the game. wonder if there's a solution for this? fingers crossed :)

point noted that we are not ready.

as a oldskool player that has been through nemesis 1 & 2, as well as several quits and comebacks, i figured that the best time i had was when the there's a constant flow of 100+ people on everyday. guild hunts, guild fights, awesome good old days. hopefully for some reason or another, the crowds will come pouring back to nemesis. i do foresee new players not being incline to join due to the mass rares that are available in the game. wonder if there's a solution for this? fingers crossed :)

You cannot solve mass rares without harming anyone. That's just fact. It's indeed a hard life to join a game with alot of rares or powerfull items or sets... it happens to all games, take a look at WoW, GW 1, LOTRO, ... the masses there are running around with the top tier items, if you start today, you're far behind and have to fight your way to the top. The same thing happens in Helbreath, if you join today, you're going to have to fight your way to the top to get the better or best items to defend yourself against anything, PvE and PvP.

What about a whipe/reset? yes, that removes the rares and sets, makes all equal again, but it will also make some people leave the game... but as said before, we ain't ready yet for the path of resetting.

Other solutions, well it arn't solutions but more like compensations to make life easier for new people, are the addition of features related to rares, sets and gameplay.

Features such as Item Cooldown (comming v5.41) which reduce the amount of times you can activate a rare item.

Features like safe-zone buff (also comming v5.41) which reduce the amount of shit-talk and "unfair" situations and killing the enemy without benefit (using summons).

Features like revamped civilian mode (comming v5.42 or later) which allow for safe-hunting, but comes with a penalty (diminishing returns for drops)

Later this month we'll already see some changes in nemesis, I'm trying to push the limits to get the update of v5.41 ready by january 26th as that day we'll be moving the Nemesis server to another data center with increased memory and upgraded operating system which'll ensure us that sufficient memory is available and crashes due to heap space stop occuring as this is a major issue right now as every 2 or 3 days one or more HG's crash due memory problems which is caused by more complex code which consumes more memory from the machine then expected or anticipated.

If it ain't ready in time, we'll move v5.40.009 there and upgrade to v5.40.010 without additional features, except for some minor features or visual corrections client-side.

The change of server should in any case decrease lagg and could possible change the ping of some players, where for most it should be better ping. From the tests so far, the new hardware runs smooth with a 123 ping (new) vs 127 (current) in the command prompt, and an average of 165 ping in-game (measured by an AVERAGED /showping command over a period of 10 minutes which is equal to 75 pings)