Sign in to follow this  
fyw721

Handshake Failed.

Ever since the old maps got installed I haven't been able to multiclient...which is very irritating.....it always shows the stupid handshake failed even when I download a new autoupdater to run helgame.exe

Please some help?

To multi client you need 2 separated folders, and both folders must be up-to-date.

Only a couple files were changed, the helgame, elvine map, aresden map and the telescope (mini map).

Those do not affect any part of the handshaking.

If you already have 2 folders, try to run nemesis from your first folder, if it works, close client again and start the updater in your second folder, if that also works, then you should be able to multi client.

ok so the first autoupdater works and I can go in game, but then the 2nd folder always shows handshake failed when I load the second autoupdater.

Any hints?

ok so the first autoupdater works and I can go in game, but then the 2nd folder always shows handshake failed when I load the second autoupdater.

Any hints?

Event with the first one closed?

if so, try to go options and change the server to mirror 1 or original (depending which one you use) and try again, if fails again, set option back and try once more. if still fails, reply here :D