Sign in to follow this  
fyw721

Handshake Failed.

Dear GMs,

I have internet connection at a publich library but when I start the autoupdater this window saying Handshake Failed: unable to shake hands with Nemesis pops up. Sometimes I restart my computer and it is fixed at home, but at the public library it never works. Can somebody help me fix this problem? Somewhere in my internet settings?

Thanks

Edited by fyw721

Well probably internet public library is blocking outgoing connections to the port which do handshake.

White is working on a fix for this which will release soon probably. (joris, set it back to 80 which is more universal!)

Well probably internet public library is blocking outgoing connections to the port which do handshake.

White is working on a fix for this which will release soon probably. (joris, set it back to 80 which is more universal!)

Setting to 80 *censored*s it for all malaysian players, they got auto-proxy on port 80 by their ISP... that's why we changed port.

For some others this port is blocked (public networks, cyber cafe, library, university, ...), so I'll have to work on a different solution to define multiple ports to shake hands, keeping both 80 and the currently used port for shaking hands, this way all players can play properly :D

But for this I need some time to make it.