Sign in to follow this  
Engel

I Want All The Ppl Back!

As soon as I recover the items I lost with the rollback 2 days ago..

Did you make a ticket for lost items? if not, make damn ticket ! (and wait in line to get served :P)

Title!! :excl:

If u watch closely we have same or more people than last weeks.

U see a minor /who but if u check hbtop we have more hits.

Means we have the same amount of people, or more. Just less multiclient use cause hard to.

I re-opened one with the same problem (and same items) as soon as I found out I've lost them. Im just waiting, I know you are busy.

ticket sended with what acc plz?

lo del multiclient es cierto, sin embargo hay muchos chars q ya no se ven, y los fights son mas chicos.... mataria un 80 - 90 on sin multiclient y estariamos a pleno =)

i'm not sure abt others, i feel this upgrade isn't a great success.. it seems like players are getting less, i can't find enemy 8/10 times when i logged on.

check out the top ek last week, obviously, war fighting are lesser than before. There were at least 20 bugs after upgrade. thnx for fixing but it shouldn't be there at 1st place. people got frustrated. Nemesis got many hits on hb top50 is due to many shake hand and redirect browser to nemesis.com. just 2 cents of my thought, voice it out if u disagree.

may i know the purpose of :

There is a window of 5 minutes to login first attempt (after updater starts)

There is a window of 2 minutes to relog on all other attempts (when logging out & loggin into other/same acc/char)if

i'm not sure abt others, i feel this upgrade isn't a great success.. it seems like players are getting less, i can't find enemy 8/10 times when i logged on.

check out the top ek last week, obviously, war fighting are lesser than before. There were at least 20 bugs after upgrade. thnx for fixing but it shouldn't be there at 1st place. people got frustrated. Nemesis got many hits on hb top50 is due to many shake hand and redirect browser to nemesis.com. just 2 cents of my thought, voice it out if u disagree.

It feels Heavy to get client updated every 3 days. we all agree on this. Also Us.

Autoupdater installation was a nightmare i also agree. But having it makes like easy. And NOONE can cheat the packs/Sounds.

Handshake doesnt Count++ in hbtop50 since your IP is already being counted if u use nemesis client. And only count once a day/IP.

may i know the purpose of :

There is a window of 5 minutes to login first attempt (after updater starts)

There is a window of 2 minutes to relog on all other attempts (when logging out & loggin into other/same acc/char)if

About the sucess of the update:

It depends on how you look at it, from developers pov (point of view) it was fairly OK the update, it brought us (the staff, mainly developers) the ease of updating very fast without having to worry players missing files etc, auto updater brings all correct files to players.

From a player pov, it feels kinda sucky, 4 new client versions in just 1 week of time feels very heavy. The lack of players around and in warehouse & shop makes it feel more empty.

But the part the players mainly don't know (or arn't aware of) is that with auto updater, multi client becomes harder and will only be done/performed if REALLY needed, this is why there is more space and emptyness in the warehouse and shop. Every update takes time to restore original players, in this case it doesn't matter if we release 1 or 1 billion clients, it's only the auto updater what the people need to get installed & running, the rest comes by itself.

About 20 bugs after update:

Also true, there were alot of bugs initially, we addressed and resolved them very quickly, that's why 4 clients got release in just 1 week of time.

Bugs are to be found and to be solved, with auto updater we can push fixed any time any moment without bothering players to (re-)download any (new) files from our website, auto updater keeps them updated.

That there are still bugs can't be avoided, unless players would properly respond to my requests of testing. I've asked MANY times in game for victims or players to help me around testing things... I have to beg 2 to 3 times to even get a reply from players to help me out to test things and see if they're bugged.

This update (v5.40.*spam*) was indeed poorly tested on everything outside the quest system. Thanks to Mao the entire Quest System has been tested fairly well, alot of thanks to him! Yet if I call others to help me out, nobody responds and if they do join, all they ask for is items items items like HF, beho necks, z wands, devastators to fool around in test server and don't even commit to testing.

If nobody wants to help testing to make it smooth and bugless, then you CANNOT expect it to run smooth on release.

P.S. As we're aware of the many bugs, we never rejected any refunding of lost majestics or EKs if they get reported lost in case of a server crash.

About top 50 hits:

Handshakes has nothing to do with this, each player has a unique IP and his IP is counted once every day as farjat mentioned.

The auto updater is a reparated service besides the nemesis website, which does not link or connect in any way to hbtop50.com

So the top 50 hits are completely legit hits from people who visited the nemesis website.

About the 5 & 2 minute windows to (re)login:

They're made on purpose to reduce the possibility of cheating.

The possibility of cheating in the previous auto updater (pre v5.40.003) was fairly high, if one knew or figured the mechanics, he could cheat the updater and trick nemesis server in thinking he's using a legit client.

Since v5.40.003 the procedure that should ensure the server you're having a legit client has been changed and improved, this improvement allows relogging without rerunning the auto updater.

The 5 & 2 minute windows to (re)login are made to ensure the handshake is consumed within this time. If a handshake would last an unlimited amount of time, hackers/cheaters would benefit from this as they'd be able to just request 1 handshake and attempt 1 gazillion times over an unlimited period of time to hack/cheat their way in (which is TECHNICALLY possible, but PRACTICALLY impossible... the amount of time you'd spent cheating your way in is way higher than the amount of time it takes to get FH in a legit way without footstep or pak cheating. Never the less, the one who does cheat his way in basically DISERVES it to be in, I'd reward him a damn devastator for doing this, it's unlikely that'll ever occur with this new mechnism).

I do have to note that in v5.50.003~4 there is an issue with relogging. The 5 minute window works fine, might need to up to to 6 or 7 minutes to allow the really slow PCs to shake hands and load files + login to game). The 2 minute window for reloggin faces an issue in these 2 versions, there is a known bug (to be resolved v5.40.005) which causes the handshake to become corrupted which'll result in a handshake failure message for the player who's relogging.

I'm very sure once we hammer out the last bugs and issues and the servers run in a stable way, we'll see more people rejoining and continue playing as before.