Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

How To: Install & Update The Nemesis Auto Update

All we know is a vague MSSQL error saying "multi ole db step is not allowed"

Did you recently patch to newer version of MSSQL?

from mssql 2000 to 2008 when we changed host some time ago. and i think this bug started there.

u probably have a point.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3456272/multiple-step-ole-db-operation-generated-errors

from mssql 2000 to 2008 when we changed host some time ago. and i think this bug started there.

u probably have a point.

Yeah, there is some compatibility issues. It's really likely the problem, because you patched from really old version to pretty new one.

Better check it out!

u probably have a point.

Yeah, there is some compatibility issues. It's really likely the problem, because you patched from really old version to pretty new one.

Better check it out!

Probably.

Our testserver is sql 2008 from long ago actually. but char creation works over there.

Our testserver is sql 2008 from long ago actually. but char creation works over there.

Have you done migration on the testserver's database? Or has it always run mssql 2008?

Have you done migration on the testserver's database? Or has it always run mssql 2008?

We made a backup of the DB back in MSSQL 2000, in both test server and main server we got that same backup restored. while test server remained failry unused, the main server continued development and growing DB with records. But since some weeks (we guess since we got to 2008) we can't make chars on main server, but we can on test.

Exact error:

ErrCode: 0x80040e21
ErrMsg: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

I can however login with the nemesis login to the DB and crease a character record manually.

Both test & main server run the EXACT same mssql code and server installation... so I don't see the actual problem.

it was born 2008 already.

kinda exactly same procedure than changing host.

I'm not really that familiar with MSSQL, but if I recall correctly, one time we had to enable compatibility mode(for MSSQL 2000) when importing the database. I think Microsoft has tool for detecting compatibility issues in databases between these two versions. Good luck! I hope you get it working :)

Edit.. @White: I can however login with the nemesis login to the DB and crease a character record manually.

With the same data as the server tries to insert? Is there fields in database that are usually filled up to the max size?

Edited by GeniuS

we found differences on engine versions.

We doing some change now.

Great. Hopefully it's up for the crusade! :)

It didnt fixed. we keep looking around.

After many hours of intensive coding and live testing we have managed to resolve the character creation bug.

Servers are online again. If you find any more problems or bugs, please report them and we'll try to resolve them asap.

Currently these bugs should be fixed now:

- Party Bug after server crash (couldn't make party when a game server crashes while you were in party on that game server)

- Character Creation Bug

- Resurrection Wand Bug (caused game server crashes upon usage)

- Activation Item Cooldown Bug (caused game server crashes in certain cases)

After many hours of intensive coding and live testing we have managed to resolve the character creation bug.

Servers are online again. If you find any more problems or bugs, please report them and we'll try to resolve them asap.

Currently these bugs should be fixed now:

- Party Bug after server crash (couldn't make party when a game server crashes while you were in party on that game server)

- Character Creation Bug

- Resurrection Wand Bug (caused game server crashes upon usage)

- Activation Item Cooldown Bug (caused game server crashes in certain cases)

Shoopkeper quest its Bugged or its my char Lord mag : / why im the only who have all bugs :S