Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

How To: Install & Update The Nemesis Auto Update

Let me first explain the concept of the Nemesis Auto Updater:

The Nemesis Auto Updater is an application that'll update your nemesis folder with the correct files.

Whenever we release a new update, or even a minor fix to client files, the updater will fetch them for you and put them in the correct folders.

Besides updating your files, the updater also ensures your, and every other player's files are 100% correct and legit files, it checks for missing files or invalid/corrupted files.

This will bring a better and fairer game play for everyone.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How to Install the Nemesis Auto Updater?

A: Download the Nemesis Auto Updater Installer here: http://www.helbreath...AutoUpdater.exe

Q: I've downloaded the Nemesis Auto Updater but it doesn't start !?

A: You probably need .NET Framework 2.0 (or higher), try using the Nemesis Auto Updater Setup (it'll install .NET Framework 2.0 for you: http://www.helbreath...pdaterSetup.exe

Q: Where to Install the Nemesis Auto Updater?

A: Install it in your nemesis Folder (e.g.: "D:\Games\Helbreath Nemesis\" )

Q: What if I don't have a "Nemesis Folder" to put the auto updater? (I'm a new player without HB files)

A: Create a new folder, install the nemesis auto updater in this folder and just run it. It'll download all the required files to play nemesis.

Q: How to Use the Nemesis Auto Updater?

A: Make sure that the Nemesis Auto Updater is in your Nemesis Folder. (NemesisAutoUpdater.exe should be in the same folder as HelGame.exe). Double click the Nemesis Auto Updater, make sure the Options are correct to connect to Helbreath Nemesis, then click "Start Game" to start running the updater.

Q: When I double click HelGame.exe it tells me to use the Auto Updater, why?

A: We've built the system in such way that you always need to run the Auto Updater, the Auto Updater will launch the HelGame.exe for you after it has finished validating your files.

Q: I want to have Big Items on the floor, is this possible?

A: Yes it is possible, before clicking the "Start Game" button, click the "Options" button, this'll open the options form at which you can choose to have big items or not.

Q: I don't want the default skin, can I change this?

A: You sure can, before clicking the "Start Game" button, click the "Options" button, this'll open the options form at which you can choose a specific Skin to player Nemesis. All skins provided are built-in and verified by the Nemesis Administrators, all of them are legal to use.

Q: I want small trees, can I have them?

A: Unfortunately this option is currently disabled, we do plan to add it at one point in time.

A: This option is also available now in the Auto Updater.

Q: How do I multi-client using this new Nemesis Auto Updater?

A: Check our dedicated multi-client topic: http://www.helbreath...showtopic=33703

White I have .NET Framework 4 installed on my computer but it still does not run the autoupdater...help please!

windows XP?

get exactly Framework 2.0 from Microsoft. Autoupdater setup is doing bad with XP.

Yes I am using xp (i'm old school =P)

ok so I should get Framework 2.0 from microsoft? I will look it up in microsoft.com and install if to see if autoupdater works then. so what exactly does .Net Framework 2.0 do to help run auto-updater? this might sound like a dumb question but I'm completely technology blind when it comes to that....

Thanks Farjat

Edited by fyw721

I got a question White, with Xelima stones now u can use to upgrade necks and rings, that means i can +1 my ROAM or ROGM or RODR and the dmg is more? and it is safe to+1 then u can loose it?

White, we noticed few bugs ...

1) when we killed an opponent ,the player didnt drop anything(which mean zems inside their bag still exist )

2) unlimited stamina,stamina not decreasing while we running ... it only drop when global chat

3) when we log out...the exe file straight closed away ......

Edited by 9hai

also no cp when finish quest and no ! mark above head when dead, with mobs. and also your client closes if dc. another one is the AH search list isnt appearing for me.

Edited by lugiore

I've installed and run nemesis updater in my game folder but when I try to login, it jump to the page asking me to update latest version. HELP!

I got a question White, with Xelima stones now u can use to upgrade necks and rings, that means i can +1 my ROAM or ROGM or RODR and the dmg is more? and it is safe to+1 then u can loose it?

No. The list of.bug fixes are things that was. BUgged and is now fixed. I wrote down what was bugged. But it is no longer.

is it mean this version still on test mode and can be (xp/ek/mixes etc) rolled back? and whats goin on with PING.. cant Log even to game... zzz :(

Edited by Emke

Yes I am using xp (i'm old school =P)

ok so I should get Framework 2.0 from microsoft? I will look it up in microsoft.com and install if to see if autoupdater works then. so what exactly does .Net Framework 2.0 do to help run auto-updater? this might sound like a dumb question but I'm completely technology blind when it comes to that....

This is related to coding language which were used to create the updater. It is dependent on Microsoft framework version 2. Some of the framework versions are backwards compatible, but I think 4.0 isn't compatible with applications which was built to use version 2.

is it mean this version still on test mode and can be (xp/ek/mixes etc) rolled back? and whats goin on with PING.. cant Log even to game... zzz :(

If we find a bug which cause a mess in database ofc can rollback.

But this update went very ok with no crashes, The bugs white is finding needs fix but they are not dangerous abusable. Means there will be no rollback.

----------------------------------

Is there anybody which still cant connect?

1. on last hit mob doesnt show "!";

2. cant see full party members list;

3. party member can make party in whole map (questing);

4. enemy (different town) cant see oponents cirtical hiting;

5. critical damage is owerpowered (i think 200+ damage is to much);

6. no more "CRITICAL" word shown on 130+ damage;

7. on lag (timeout/disconnect) cant chat and finnaly game rush down, then have to start autoupdater to run game again (it takes to long since enemy can have a nice time to regroup).

8. server time to time gets to much timeouts, then ppls cant log in to the game.. www.helbreathnemesis.com doesnt loading well tho..

all 4 now... zz :unsure:

Edited by Emke

i still cant log... i sent a ticket asking for help, i dont know too much of computers but im following all ur instruction and when im loading net2.0 it stop in the last square (i mean 99%) please help with images

thx

I've updated the Nemesis Auto Updater and added the option for Small Trees.

I've also added about 10 more skins to be used.

hi anyone can help im abit lost here.

i downloaded the file NemesisAutoupdaterSetup but when i run this file there is a error and cant continue to install.

im using window 7 64 bit

I had the same issue. You can download full helbreath From helbreath USA and the use nemesisautoupdater (the one with no setup on its name) and update it for nemesis.

I have an issue: I've invited a friend to play HB but when he try to create a character it says it is unable to create it, also i have an empty slot and when i try to create a character pops the same error please help!!

We're aware that there is a character creation issue. We're trying to resolve this as soon as possible but the problem doesn't seem to be easy to find and resolve. There is something going wrong upon insertion of the new character information. We couldn't find yet which parameter is causing this issue. All we know is a vague MSSQL error saying "multi ole db step is not allowed"

All we know is a vague MSSQL error saying "multi ole db step is not allowed"

Did you recently patch to newer version of MSSQL?