Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Scheduled Maintenance - Friday Oct 5, 2:30 Pm

Friday October 5 starting at 2:30PM we'll be upgrading the game servers to v5.40

This upgrade can take up 1 to 2 hours to perform the complete upgrade.

The upgrade will include:

- database upgrading to support the new Multi-Quest System, Web-Announced summon events and advanced logging system changes.

- website upgrading to show the web-announced summon events and upgrade some additional management tools for GMs and Administrators.

- system upgrade to support the Nemesis Auto Updater.

The exact list of changes will be posted shortly after it has been applied as minor changes or bugfixes can still be pushed into the current set of upgrade components.

Please note that this upgrade will require a new client to play, this client and all other required files will be provided trough the new nemesis auto updater that'll be introduced and activated during this upgrade.

We'll post a dedicated topic on how to use the Auto Updater and what the possibilities and limitations of this auto updater brings.

I hope the Auto Uploader dosnt stop big items and no trees sprite changes to revert back to normal...

Big Items will be available trough options of the auto updater.

We also have about 5~10 skins available for use, including the well known Tebb Blue Skin (the one often seen in my Screenshots) and even the very old-school "wood" skin.

The no trees, I don't have the "no trees" pak, i'm looking for it to be able to add it to the updater, but currently it's not included. But we're ofc planning to add it once I have the pak.

about "sound edits" and PA armor?

This autoupdater is actually an updater, a full installer and a files protector also.

Starting using him means the sounds will match originals or game will not run.

Also i would like to say, in advance, that this update procedure will bring A LOT of problems.

A lot of changes to be done will need adjustement, but since we are going to run an updater now this fixes will not need people to redownload, just autoupdater run again.

And OFC we have backups, so if u enter game and find a mess just dont worry it will be adjusted to new version or wil go rollback to old (hope no need).

This is the same update we tryed to launch months ago and failed and rollback. But this time will not fail.

Also on a start u guys will find not much quests, and will find some easy/abusable ones.

But with this update we can also add or remove quests without the need of a server reset, so we are on the right way.

---------------

Now this is the most important part, at least for me.

Multy quest ability also is bringing us some Low level chained Tutorial Style quests, like "go slime pit and make lvl 10" or "gain a skill to 50%".

The idea of this, is to make game able to be learnedby new fresh blood without help.

So this Training quests will need a lot of review and suggestion, alwys thinkink on making new players stay playing and not quitting cause didnt understand game.

After we got a good coded and working tutorial, we plan to spend every single dollar we have in paypal adverticing for new people.

So:

Advertices -> autoupdater/installer -> tutorial = fresh fish

Sounds like a plan!

about "sound edits" and PA armor?

Farjat basically covered the "sound edit" part, as he said, the updater has multiple functions, including the enforcing of non-edited sounds (and other paks or files ofc !)

Related to PA armor, there is/was never a plan in changing this, PA armor will stay as-is and will function in a non-stacking but side-by-side way. Your lowest piece determines your minimum amount of PA.

As for PA capes, this plan or idea would devaluate capes ALOT, meaning they won't be so special/good anymore.

Activating the PA on capes would make capes part of the "hit-point" sequence (same as helm, berk, plate and legs), when adding an item to the hit-point sequence, it'll also have a chance to break. meaning capes will need repairs also, and with their 300 endurance, they'll break fairly fast.

Perhaps we should make it in such way that we activate them but also increase cape's endurance to like 3000 or something, although that would be kinda high I think as they're "wool/linnen" and not "iron/steel" (like armors), so they should break alot faster, maybe around 1000 endurance would be a better values as Caps, Hats & Robes are around the same endurance values.

... More discussion/talking is needed about this I think.

But for now, no changes to PA armors or PA capes in this update.

The full list of changes will be posted later on today as we're getting near the update time.

what is "AI rampage" and "Ai magic"? i didnt understhand :X

Rampage AI: Attacks with twice the speed, normally mobs attack you at a specific ratio, when the AI of the mob is "rampage", this speed will be twice as fast. it's rampaging and trying to kill you very fast.

Magic AI: Whenever a mob is close to it'll use magic over physical as long as it has mana. Normal AIs use physical perior to magical when they're right next to you. this Magic AI reverses this and will use magic rather than physical if it can.

"client failed to shake hands with server please update"

after using auto updater =/

also "rings and necks could be upgraded with xstone"

how did the rings upgrade? go +1 or become next level ring?

"client failed to shake hands with server please update"

after using auto updater =/

also "rings and necks could be upgraded with xstone"

how did the rings upgrade? go +1 or become next level ring?

Failed to shake hands can happen when having bad net, or when using laggless (I got a solution for this though !).

The rings/necks issue, just by using Xelima stone on them.

We will take away the +1 from those items, it doesn't do anything at all lol... xD

not sure if bugs but these are few things i've noticed so far

ping will sometimes read 150ms-500ms depending how much movement is going on in the screen (linked to fps?)

! symbol no longer appearing when you kill something on final damage, just reads number like normal without ! at end, same for crits.

also some people said they had different servertime to me =X

Just to add another one...when you hit someone's backside it's like you have 100hp but at the same time mages can cast even when there is dmg because they don't see it...clearly an issue

if you stun they stop cast, if you fly dmg they finish cast and take dmg after. always been this way

however annoyingly when you log out now it quits whole program, i need to log guild master to change tp but have to start hb again and everything is back in default position have to arrange windows again!!!

please give regular log screen again =]