Sign in to follow this  
JJang2

1 Cool Event Reward Suggestion

I like it..

gm once made an event that winner could make +1 to any armor/weapon at hes choice ... someone upgrade an anc bh in this event ...

looks pretty same =D

It's a nice and fun reward, I can agree on that.

Back when hunter was giving out those, I tried so damn hard to get one, unfortunately I couldn't win one cuz I didn't have enough people assisting me to win the event (it was a scavenger event).

Anyway, as this is a suggestion forum, I like to "translate" the suggestion of this "safe upgrade" into a new, more advanced suggestion with more details, more accurate information.

I was thinking to make some new items, some kind of "transmutant stone" which has different functionalities:

- Safe Upgrade: +x to +y (e.g. +3 to +4)

- Primary Stat Upgrade: +x% to +y% (Strong +7% to Strong +14%)

- Secondary Stat Upgrade: +x% to +y% (HP Rec +14% to HP Rec +21%)

- Primary Stat Transmutation: x to y (Strong to Light)

- Secondary Stat Transmutation: x to y (HP Rec to MP Rec)

You could get a screen the same way as the upgrade screen with xelima/merien/majestic points, you put your item in there and a second square to put the stone you like to use on the item.

Then you click upgrade and the stone is applied to the item.

With the Transmutation stone you would get an additional option to go trough the possible stats and choose which stat it'll become.

The stones can come in 2 ways, a blanco (non statted) stone, or a statted stone, if it's blanco you would use it for any upgrade/stat, if it's statted, e.g. Safe Upgrade Transmutant Stone +4, you would only be able to use it to go from +3 to +4 in this example.

Some more examples of statted stones:

- Primary Stat Upgrade Light +20% (can use to go from +16 to +20)

- Secondary Stat Transmutation MP Recovery +21% (can use to change any items second stat to MP Recovery +21%)

- Primary Stat Transmutation Strong (can use to change any items primary stat to Strong, the % of Strong doesn't matter on the original item, it'll be maintained from the original item)

*Note: For transmutations from a 7% stat to a 3% stat (HP rec to MA for example), the transmutation would keep the "level" of the stat, a 21% is level 3 stat, in MA this would result in MA 15%.

To get back to the original idea, we can use these stones as event rewards for players to use.

would there be a limit on how high the safe upgrade would be allowed as in either a % stat upgrade or + upgrade?

If it would be a blanco safe upgrade transmutant stone, it would allow from any +x to upgrade, +4 to +5, +5 to +6, +8 to +10, +14 to +15 (max limit), ...

It it would be a statted safe upgrade transmutant stone, e.g. Safe Upgrade Transmutant Stone +5, you could ONLY use it for an item to be upgraded from +4 to +5. It would NOT work for items +3 to +4, +5 to +6 or any other +x, only for +4 to +5 as it is specifically statted.

so basically would allow you to upgrade 1 step of stat already onthat item, or change the item attribute (stat)?

i'm very much in favor of specific upgrade, like will only upgrade +5 to +6, or +0 to +1 (better than x stone because cannot fail and lose stone on +0)

i think if this works, should be something like 25% of time that xstone would drop, this drops instead, and out of that then +0>+1 is most common, and +1>+2 is less common, and so on.

because +6 or +7 item should be rare =]

however 1 issue is manu items having max of +10 not +7, so would need special manu stone for additional +++ after +7, for most people tho would be pointless to e.g: make specific +8>+9, because can't use for 90% of items.

Edited by Juno_NH

so basically would allow you to upgrade 1 step of stat already onthat item, or change the item attribute (stat)?

i'm very much in favor of specific upgrade, like will only upgrade +5 to +6, or +0 to +1 (better than x stone because cannot fail and lose stone on +0)

i think if this works, should be something like 25% of time that xstone would drop, this drops instead, and out of that then +0>+1 is most common, and +1>+2 is less common, and so on.

because +6 or +7 item should be rare =]

however 1 issue is manu items having max of +10 not +7, so would need special manu stone for additional +++ after +7, for most people tho would be pointless to e.g: make specific +8>+9, because can't use for 90% of items.

Well, what I wrote for now is just an idea for it, and I kinda like the idea (I thought about it on-the-fly while writing it down lol)...

We'd first put it in trial trough events only ofcrouse, later on those items could possibly be added to the drop-pool of monsters, but their rarity would be extreemly rare as it ensures the upgrade succeeds, especially those that upgrade stats should be extreemly rare to find.

I also like the idea of adding this kind of items as rewards of quests in the new quest system.

As we're talking about stat transmutation, these stones bring in just an easy way to do it, find a stone, use a stone & all done...

While I like the idea of working for better items and a better item and gold sink should be made, especially an item sink to make lower items less obsolete.

From that point of view, I was rather prefering some kind of item where you slap items together to upgrade item.

To go into a little bit more detail I was thinking something in these terms:

If you got let's say 2 HP7% berks, you can slap them both together to make 1 HP 14% berk, if you find a secondary hp 14%, you can make it an HP 21% berk, and so on... ofcrouse there would be a random success rate on doing so.

I think I kinda explained this kind of stat progressing before where you put 2 of the same kind items together to make 1 item of 1 grade higher.

Yet the transmutation stones would grant you a 100% success of doing this ofcrouse, but considering both ideas, the stones should be extreemly rare obviously as there is a 100% success rate.

About the manu stuff, wouldn't rlly need a special manu stone... you would just be limited and not be able to upgrade your normal item any higher than +7 using a blanco stone or using a specific +8 stone... and if you do find or get a +8, +9 or +10 stone, you can just use it for manu'ed items only as upgrading your +7 would just fail, same way as when you'd try this with xelima stones, trying to upgrade a +7 weapon to +8 would just instantly fail and say "this item cannot be upgraded".

^i never knew thats what happened at +8 xD

yeah that sounds great, i like the idea of salvaging lower parts to make a better one, but as you said its got to have some penalty so not 100% conversion, something like 50% sounds right, because at 100% you would get 4 mp21 parts>2 mp42 parts>1 mp84 part, which would be way too easy for how rare mp84 is and how common mp21 is =X

50% increase would give 4x mp21> 2x mp35 >1x mp56 when rounding to closest stat available. that would be pretty fair then so rare items stay rare.

also at high end (63%+) you could have bigger drop off, so to upgrade to from 77->84 you'd need atleast mp35 item (still not rare because u can make one from 2 mp21's), and from 84->91, need mp42 item.

^i never knew thats what happened at +8 xD

yeah that sounds great, i like the idea of salvaging lower parts to make a better one, but as you said its got to have some penalty so not 100% conversion, something like 50% sounds right, because at 100% you would get 4 mp21 parts>2 mp42 parts>1 mp84 part, which would be way too easy for how rare mp84 is and how common mp21 is =X

50% increase would give 4x mp21> 2x mp35 >1x mp56 when rounding to closest stat available. that would be pretty fair then so rare items stay rare.

also at high end (63%+) you could have bigger drop off, so to upgrade to from 77->84 you'd need atleast mp35 item (still not rare because u can make one from 2 mp21's), and from 84->91, need mp42 item.

You did understand it wrong, 4x mp21% would give only 1 mp35%, 4x MP21 will result in 2x MP28, 2xMP28 will result in 1xMP35.

so what happens when you add mp21 to mp28? =/

Wouldn't be possible, you'd not be able to put them together as their stats ain't equal.

Or, as this is just an idea it can still be expanded, maybe you should be able to slap them together, but your successrate to get the 35% piece would be lower. Let's say combining 2xMP28 together has like 70% success rate, combining the 21 and 28 piece to get a 35 piece would lower the success rate to like 60% or something... putting an MP28 and MP7 piece together would lower success rate to like 10% or something... just making examples here, but you get the idea...