Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

Salvage

How about you can use junk armors to repair a % of your armor instead of having to go to the black smith. This can be related to the endurance of the item being salvaged, so the more endu on the junk item, the more it can repair the broken item.

If the game economy is right, black smith will be expensive, and gold rare, and through this way junk items will become more valuable when sold/collected in lots (more valuable than selling to shop)

Maybe can be tied to manufacturing skill as to how much % can be repaired from salvaging an item. Also at low manu you can only use exactly the same item to repair (so bs bbh can repair bbh5), but at higher you can use similar items instead (any melee weapon can repair bbh5, but not bows/staffs/armors)

Also you can repair with irons bars if you carry them.

This would be useful for long pvps and for long pve where you dont want to recall just for repair when theres alot junk lying on ground.

As with all manu you need to carry anvil to use it, and it will train manu also.

ACTUALLY FORGET EVERYTHING I JUST SAID, BETTER IDEA IS JUST TO BE ABLE TO TURN ALL ITEMS INTO MANU MATERIALS (iron, myth,blond) AND USE THOSE TO REPAIR ITEMS, HIGHER MANU GIVES BETTER REPAIR WITH LESS MATERIAL. (chance of get mythril from salvage is very low, but higher at high level manu)

Brilliant idea! never really thought of this myself !

Salvage items back to bars/ores, this allows perspective...

you could salvage junk rather than mine your ores...

you could salvage your manu'ed items from training to gain back some ores and use them again to menu even more...

on top of that, using ores & bars to repair armors is also a very nice idea, this would allow on-the-field repairing of items.

but, will you drop one of your skills to take manufacturing instead as a skill?

Even if you decide to drop one skill, you'd still need space to carry ores (which stack) and bars (which do NOT stack !) to be able to repair...

For PvE this would be good, you could pause for a moment to repair items.

For PvP this is likely impossible to use, you can't just stand there repairing armors, your enemy will kill you, you need to keep on moving around to avoid death.

This reading of your topic and writing of this reply brought up a new idea...

the 700% skill limit is seen much as a limitation in developing more PvE skills, people rather create a second character just for these skills, yet with the idea of bringing skills more onto-the-field (as in using manu to repair items) this limitation becomes more important.

Why not split the skills into 2 groups of skills, a combat-related group with a limitation of 700% max and a roll-playing related group with a limitation of 400% (or no limitation at all) ?

Combat Related skills would be: Magic, Magic-Resist, Hand Attack, Short Sword, Long Sword, Fencing, Archery, Hammer, Shield, Pretend-Corpse, Poison Resist, Staff Attack and Axe Attack.

Roll-Playing skills would be: Mining, Fishing, Alchemy, Farming, Manufacturing and Taming.

Making such split wouldn't harm I think. People would still be limited with the 700% and are still forced to make a choice in their combat related skills. Yet they would be more free to develop other skills on their main char. None of the roll-playing skills really "hurt" the PvP system if they're trainable along with the main skills, having 7 combat skill and 100% mining or 0% mining won't make a different in PvP or PvE, you're just able to mine rocks on your main char, which is probably better & more geared than your "mining-char" would ever be.

The only possible skill that could start to hurt in large groups is the Taming skill, yet we'd like to see more people with that skills as it affects combat in a positive way. When main chars start to have taming high enough, they can tame the summons made at recall pads or safe zones troughout the game when they're getting boxed or attacked by them, a one-man entering such sitation now becomes a 6-man army (1 player and 5 summons, which were "captured" from the enemy anyway !), or we'd see smaller groups of 2/3 people who're outnumbered in IB run to TWs to go and get some help from a tamed TW to make the fight equal again...

Making the split would also bring other positive effects to the game such as people using more alchemy to make the Super potions for healing instead of buying shop pots... we'd see more people using the summoning potions to defend or attack... we'll see more manufactured items appear such as manu'ed BBH or manu'ed axes and (in the future) manu'ed DK sets...

i love the idea of skill splitting.

infact maybe you should reduce combat skills to 600% and other skills to 300%, that will make people have to stick to stratergy for character, instead of everyone just carrying 1 of each weapon for every possibility. also this would encourage more team work because you would need axe character to break sheilds (axe would also cause more armor dmg than sword but less then hammer). this would also help because a few rich characters hold all the best weapons, even only to use them for maybe 5 seconds a day lol.

It's easy to imagine someone can carry a bow, sword & sheild, and fists, as well has having magic skill and magic resist. But add big hammer or axe to that picture and it doesn't feel right to me.

then on his days off maybe he's in the kitchen doing some cooking/alchemy, maybe he goes fishing a bit, and repair his armors ready for next week.

then on his days off maybe he's in the kitchen doing some cooking/alchemy, maybe he goes fishing a bit, and repair his armors ready for next week.

ahahaha. I love Junonh's texts! :D Also like the idea!