Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Auction House

We're proud to open the first and only Helbreath Auction House.

Currently the Auction House is still running in BETA mode.

Make sure to read the important notification when opening the Auction House.

Once everything runs smooth, we will move on to the finale release.

What IS the Nemesis Auction House?

It is a place where you can buy and sell items for REAL MONEY (USD).

Where is the Auction House?

It is currently located at the nemesis website. In a later stage we will also provide the exact same service in-game !

http://www.helbreath...uctionhouse.php

How does the Auction House work for sellers?

You put an item from your in-game bank to your Web Warehouse trough the Nemesis Website.

From there you can move on to the Auction House. Once there, you can Sell items when clicking the Sell tab and choosing the item from your Web Warehouse which you want to sell.

You'll be given a form to input a Starting Bid Price and a Buyout Price (this one is optional).

When placing the item for sale in the Auction House, other players can Bid (or buyout if you set the buyout price) on your item(s).

How does the Auction House work for Buyers?

You can lookup items in the Auction House by using the Search tab in the Auction House.

Once you found the item you like, you can either Bid on it or directly Buy it (Buyout) if the seller allowed to Buyout.

When Bidding on an item, the money will be directly removed from your Nemesis Balance.

Once the Bidding Period is over, the highest Bidder will in the Auction and receive the item.

If you don't like bidding and wait for the auction to be over, you can (if allowed) buy the item right away.

When doing a buyout on an item, the money will be directly removed from your Nemesis Balance and you'll receive the item directly in your Web Warehouse.

Please note that you CANNOT find your OWN items in the Auction House Search.

How does the Bidding system actually work?

Players can bid on items. Initially the seller sets a starting bid price. The first player will have to bid atleast the starting amount.

Once the first bid is placed, that money is removed from the Bidders Nemesis Balance.

If another player tops over the current bid, the originally bid amount will be returned to the Nemesis Balance of the first bidder while in the same time the higher bid is deducted from the new bidder's Nemesis Balance.

Once the Auction Period has been passed, the player with the highest bid will win the Auction and receive the item in his/her Web Warehouse.

How do I know what's going on in my Auction House?

The History Tab tells you everything you need to know, what you did, when you did it and exactly how much was bid, bought, sold, out-bid, cashed in or out...

Where do I see the items I am selling?

Click the Auction Tab in the Auction House. There you can see which items are currently listed on the Auction House and how much time they got left.

Where do I see which items I've bid on?

Also in the Auction Tab, below your own Auctions you can see what you've been bidding on and if you're winning the Auction or not.

How do I know if someone bid on my item?

In the Auction Tab it will be shown if someone has bid on your item.

Please Note that you will NOT see who bid on it, you will only see that there IS a bid or not.

What happens if I bid on an Auction and someone else is making a buyout on it?

A Buyout will be seen as a highest bid, you will get your bid funded back to your Nemesis Balance and the player who makes the buyout will pay the buyout and receive the items right away in his Web Warehouse.

What happens if nobody bid on my item and the Auction Period is over?

The item is returned to your Web Warehouse after the bidding period is over and you've visited the Auction House again.

What if I don't put a Buyout Price?

Players will only be able to Bid on your item, they cannot straight buy it from the Auction House.

The highest bidder will win the Auction and receive the item. (and the seller will receive his/her money)

How long does an Auction last (Auction Period)?

You can choose for how long your Auction will last, a fixed amount of periods can be chosen from when putting your item up for sale.

What if I bid the same price as the Buyout price?

You will straight buy the item as prices are the same.

Where do my items go when I clicked Buyout or won a Bid?

They're placed directly in your Web Warehouse.

Does the seller have a choice to sell or not sell his Auction that has been Bid on?

No, the seller does not have this choice. If someone bid on the item and the bidding period has passed by, this item will be automatically sold to the highest bidder. The seller cannot interfear on this, he does not have the choice to cancel the sale or refuse to sell it for the price that has been bid.

e.g. if a player puts up xelima rapier for 10$ bid and 200$ buyout and another player bids just 10$ and the Auction Period has passed by, that player will automatically receive the Xelima Rapier and the seller will get 10$ minus fees in his balance. the seller cannot choose to refuse selling the item for 10$.

TIP: if you don't want your xelima rapier to be sold at 10$, put a decent starting price in the first place.

What and Why is there a Transfer Fee?

The Transfer Fee is an amount of money that has to be "payed" to Nemesis for using the Auction House Services.

Nemesis charges a fee as the Auction House provides a 100% safe trading mechanism for trading and selling items for REAL MONEY.

Whenever the fee applies it is properly stated how much this fee will be.

Who pays the Transfer Fee?

The seller pays the fee. If a buyer buys the item for e.g. 40$ then he'll pay 40$. Once he pays (when clicking the buyout button) the transfer fee will be deducted from the amount (e.g. 1$ transfer fee) and the rest is funded to the seller's Nemesis Balance. (39$ in this example).

AWESOME!!

nice idea guys, cant wait till it's up.

The Auction House is already online for BETA testing right now.

While in BETA, an Administrator will monitor ALL transactions LIVE (he just sits and watches everything VERY closely with his finger at the button which shuts the AH immidiately).

Great Job Joris!

We miss u my brother !!

Today is Friends DDay in argentina So Happy friends day to u and Nemesis!!

Hi guys, here are a few suggestions for the new auction house.

suggestions:

1. make deals under 2usd have a 50% fee , over 2usd a 1usd fee. so people can sell things for a 1usd and still make money [ even if only 50cents]

2. make auctions a 48 hour period not a 24 to allow more ppl to veiw and bid.

3. make a option for a reserve on item, eg start at 80 with reserve at 100 and buyout at 120 . so people ar'nt forced to sell at a lower then expected price with out having to start bididng at higher prices restricting bid growth.

4. allow bulk sales within 1 auction, so as to sell whole sets at once and not to have to break sets up with leser peices stayiing on market indefinitly

don t know if these are in spirit with what is desired, but it seems these might help abit.

ty for all the hard work GM's

suggestions:

1. make deals under 2usd have a 50% fee , over 2usd a 1usd fee. so people can sell things for a 1usd and still make money [ even if only 50cents]

3. make a option for a reserve on item, eg start at 80 with reserve at 100 and buyout at 120 . so people ar'nt forced to sell at a lower then expected price with out having to start bididng at higher prices restricting bid growth.

4. allow bulk sales within 1 auction, so as to sell whole sets at once and not to have to break sets up with leser peices stayiing on market indefinitly

don t know if these are in spirit with what is desired, but it seems these might help abit.

I like your suggestions and I also want to give some feedback on them:

1. a 50% fee and a 1 USD fee makes it more complicated then it already is with the 1 USD & 15% fee we got now. Besides complication, we also don't like to deal with minor/small amounts of money as that doesn't cover fees from paypal these small amounts, that's why we got minimum cash-in & cash-out values set to ensure the value is worth transfering. Keeping your 4th suggestion in mind, this issue can be easly resolved where as people can combine multiple smaller items into bigger "packs".

2. I've seen a 48h auction house in another game, there they reduced it to 36 hours where as I think 24 hours is enough. a longer auction time would only make sense if cancelling the auction would be added too, but we're not sure yet if this is a good or bad idea.

3. I don't understand this suggestion at all, please clearify more and add some example(s) in it as I think the suggestion might be worth it.

4. I've been thinking about that too, adding the ability to build an "auction pack" in the AH upon selling your items. you put together different items into a "pack" or "packet" and sell the packet as a whole on the auction house with a bid (and buyout) price for the packet as a whole, you buy the entire packet or you buy nothing.

Although that might also not be wanted, if a player likes just a single item of the packet, it should perhaps be allowed to buy them as a single also.

Maybe a combination of packet & single buying would be great in such way that you can build a packet and as a seller choose to allow buying a single item out of the packet or not allowing this.

To give an example: "MP set 350% packet", Bid 100$, buyout 200$... let's say we got chain, berk, hose and shield in it... 30$ bid a piece and 60$ buyout a piece. -> people can either buy the packet as a whole paying 100$ in bid or 200$ in buyout, or buy a single piece at 30$ bid or 60$ buyout. as you see, packet is cheaper than indevidual pieces, which is also a nice thing to have as you prolly prefer selling it as a whole rather than separated. buy if someone do desires 1 or 2 items from your packet, he/she can still buy it.

If you wonder about the bidding process of such combined packets, I'd make it simple, bids on packets gets priority over bids on single items.

As for buyout there is still some kinda issue, where as someone buys a single piece out of the packet, there would (in this example) remaing 3 pieces, but how will you price them? it's not simple math of packet price - (minus) single piece price (as our piece price is higher than the theoretical average per piece (which is 25$ on bid, 50$ on buyout))... cancelling the entire packet would be one option, but you wanne sell the 3 remaining pieces also, and it takes more effort to put again the packet of 3 or the 3 indevidually remaining pieces after someone bought just a single piece out of your packet.

Perhaps some additional 2 values for each item should be added it which is something like "packet bid/buyout price reduction if this piece is bought" so if someone buys the MP 70% chain, you can make total packet price reduce by a higher/different value than when someone bought the MP 35% hauberk... This would give a solution to the issue of someone buying a single piece out of the packet as each piece has a "packet" price.

The simplest would be not to allow different single-piece prices in a packet, that way if you count single prices together, it's always equal to packet prices... but I think people will prefer to differ the price of single pieces that adding up prices of single pieces is more expensive than buying the packet as a whole.

As you see, there's alot of possibilities in this 4th suggestion, i've been thinking about it but havn't come to a proper solution yet...

suggestions:

I like your suggestions and I also want to give some feedback on them:

1. a 50% fee and a 1 USD fee makes it more complicated then it already is with the 1 USD & 15% fee we got now. Besides complication, we also don't like to deal with minor/small amounts of money as that doesn't cover fees from paypal these small amounts, that's why we got minimum cash-in & cash-out values set to ensure the value is worth transfering. Keeping your 4th suggestion in mind, this issue can be easly resolved where as people can combine multiple smaller items into bigger "packs".

2. I've seen a 48h auction house in another game, there they reduced it to 36 hours where as I think 24 hours is enough. a longer auction time would only make sense if cancelling the auction would be added too, but we're not sure yet if this is a good or bad idea.

3. I don't understand this suggestion at all, please clearify more and add some example(s) in it as I think the suggestion might be worth it.

4. I've been thinking about that too, adding the ability to build an "auction pack" in the AH upon selling your items. you put together different items into a "pack" or "packet" and sell the packet as a whole on the auction house with a bid (and buyout) price for the packet as a whole, you buy the entire packet or you buy nothing.

Although that might also not be wanted, if a player likes just a single item of the packet, it should perhaps be allowed to buy them as a single also.

Maybe a combination of packet & single buying would be great in such way that you can build a packet and as a seller choose to allow buying a single item out of the packet or not allowing this.

To give an example: "MP set 350% packet", Bid 100$, buyout 200$... let's say we got chain, berk, hose and shield in it... 30$ bid a piece and 60$ buyout a piece. -> people can either buy the packet as a whole paying 100$ in bid or 200$ in buyout, or buy a single piece at 30$ bid or 60$ buyout. as you see, packet is cheaper than indevidual pieces, which is also a nice thing to have as you prolly prefer selling it as a whole rather than separated. buy if someone do desires 1 or 2 items from your packet, he/she can still buy it.

If you wonder about the bidding process of such combined packets, I'd make it simple, bids on packets gets priority over bids on single items.

As for buyout there is still some kinda issue, where as someone buys a single piece out of the packet, there would (in this example) remaing 3 pieces, but how will you price them? it's not simple math of packet price - (minus) single piece price (as our piece price is higher than the theoretical average per piece (which is 25$ on bid, 50$ on buyout))... cancelling the entire packet would be one option, but you wanne sell the 3 remaining pieces also, and it takes more effort to put again the packet of 3 or the 3 indevidually remaining pieces after someone bought just a single piece out of your packet.

Perhaps some additional 2 values for each item should be added it which is something like "packet bid/buyout price reduction if this piece is bought" so if someone buys the MP 70% chain, you can make total packet price reduce by a higher/different value than when someone bought the MP 35% hauberk... This would give a solution to the issue of someone buying a single piece out of the packet as each piece has a "packet" price.

The simplest would be not to allow different single-piece prices in a packet, that way if you count single prices together, it's always equal to packet prices... but I think people will prefer to differ the price of single pieces that adding up prices of single pieces is more expensive than buying the packet as a whole.

As you see, there's alot of possibilities in this 4th suggestion, i've been thinking about it but havn't come to a proper solution yet...

hey,

1.& 2. i understand.

4. yes is almost exactly what i was thinking. just not being able to buy a single peice out of a bulk packet, as it being a packet, you get the good withthe bad, so to speak.

3. ill get back to you with examples, got to get to bed before work. sry's

Sry about the wait, work sucks....

Here's what i mean by a reserve. similar to that when selling a house at auction.

3. Give a Reserve option on items in a bidding auction.

Here's the best way i can explain what i suggest, sorry if i havent written it clearly enough.

RoAM > start bidding at 80usd > buy-out at 140usd> reserve at 110usd..

This means that the starting bid is 80 usd. if the bids do not reach the reserve then the seller has the option of selling the item at a less then expected price, insteed of having to sell a valued item at a lesser price.

This would alllow people to sell items that are of higher value without the RISK of it selling at a much lower price.

Current System Example: if a RoAM has a starting bid price of 80usd and a buyout of 140usd and only 1 bid of 80usd then the roam will sell for 80 usd , even tho the value of said item is much higher.

Reserve System Example: Roam has a starting bid of 80usd. A buyout of 140usd and a reserve of 120usd. 3 people bid 80, 90 and 100 usd respectivly. as all bids are under the reserve when the auction is finished, the seller would have to log into AH and confirm if he wishes to sell the RoAM or not as it didnt meet the reserve on the item [ in this case 120usd ]

With a reserve the item is considerd a "no sale" untill the person who is selling has a chance to veiw the sale and confirm the sale under the reserve or to deny the sale and hope to post again at a later time with better chances of a higher sale price.

I consider this a good idea which is mainly pointed towards the higher end items that will eventually go up for sale on the AH. And also just thinking about it , it might help in redusing complaints from people selling items that they think should of sold higher and want the GM's to return their item(s).

I hope i have explained this enough for you white, My many years of smoking weed have destroyed my abilitly to convey what i think sometimes..... Once again, Top Job on all the Hard Work. much enjoyed :)

Sry about the wait, work sucks....

Here's what i mean by a reserve. similar to that when selling a house at auction.

3. Give a Reserve option on items in a bidding auction.

Here's the best way i can explain what i suggest, sorry if i havent written it clearly enough.

RoAM > start bidding at 80usd > buy-out at 140usd> reserve at 110usd..

This means that the starting bid is 80 usd. if the bids do not reach the reserve then the seller has the option of selling the item at a less then expected price, insteed of having to sell a valued item at a lesser price.

This would alllow people to sell items that are of higher value without the RISK of it selling at a much lower price.

Current System Example: if a RoAM has a starting bid price of 80usd and a buyout of 140usd and only 1 bid of 80usd then the roam will sell for 80 usd , even tho the value of said item is much higher.

Reserve System Example: Roam has a starting bid of 80usd. A buyout of 140usd and a reserve of 120usd. 3 people bid 80, 90 and 100 usd respectivly. as all bids are under the reserve when the auction is finished, the seller would have to log into AH and confirm if he wishes to sell the RoAM or not as it didnt meet the reserve on the item [ in this case 120usd ]

With a reserve the item is considerd a "no sale" untill the person who is selling has a chance to veiw the sale and confirm the sale under the reserve or to deny the sale and hope to post again at a later time with better chances of a higher sale price.

I consider this a good idea which is mainly pointed towards the higher end items that will eventually go up for sale on the AH. And also just thinking about it , it might help in redusing complaints from people selling items that they think should of sold higher and want the GM's to return their item(s).

I hope i have explained this enough for you white, My many years of smoking weed have destroyed my abilitly to convey what i think sometimes..... Once again, Top Job on all the Hard Work. much enjoyed :)

Now I completely understand it.

Yet I do not like that system. If you don't want your roam sold for 80~120 USD, then put starting bid price at 120 USD and buyout at 140 USD.

If you think 120 USD is too high for the item, you can put it in the AH again the next day at a lower price like 110 USD and see if it gets sold or not... and keep dropping till it sells if you just wanne get rid of it and sell the item.

is there a section where we can find whats for sale on the auction house? i cant seem to find it. i think it'll be easier for users to browse through the list of items on auction

We have taken a couple of suggestion into account and applied some of them straight away !

What have we recently changed in the Auction House?

- Auction Period: You can now CHOOSE from a fixed list for how long you want to put your item up. You can choose between 12h, 24h, 36h, 48h, 3 days or 1 week. Please be careful when selecting a longer period of time, your item will be LOCKED within the Auction House for the selected period !

- Auction Packets: You can now sell a bunch of items together as a packet. To do this, go to the Sell tab in the AH and right above your Web WH item list you have a "sell packet" button, click it to start building your packet. Select the items you wish to include in the packet, give it a PROPER NAME (choosing an inproper or misleading name for you packet is considered AH ABUSE (rule # 26 !) and may result in a ban, or a penalty fee to your balance), choose a Bid (and optionally buyout) price for your ENTIRE packet (all items TOGETHER) and select the period of time you wish to list this packet for.

Packets can be recognised in the Search tab with the Bold-Itelic "P" in front of the packet name. Packet content is listed right below the Packet name, the item names are idented and written in italic text.

Trying to cash out at the moment and it's not working. :(

Yes at the end paypal doesnt allowed us to make automatic cashout.

We will cashout u manually.

We got some awesome news ! since the opening of the Auction House (about 1,5 months ago), we have recently processed the 1000ths auction !

The system runs very stable for now, with more than 1000 auctions processed and with over 2100 USD of items already sold I think the AH is ready for the next stage.

We have made some minor changes to the Auction House:

- Cash-Out page has changed with a description of what to do to make a cash-out. Each cash-out must be validated by an administrator.

- Search page now shows ALL items instead of top 50 items when clicking the Search button without search filters (nothing selected)