Sign in to follow this  
fyw721

Protection From Magic

Sorry I think this question may sound stupid but I know pfm adds magic absorption and stops effects of armor break ews sleep etc, but what about magic resistance? Does it add any mr at all? So areages more likely to miss if they use mim?

u talking about mr skill? Or mr armors?

Basicaly MR is for skip hits from magic. U do not have absorsion in MR u only skip the magic.

MR skill i think ( i can be wrong about this) its the % that u have to use your mr armors and give u mr also. For ex, if u have a amor set mr 100% and u got 80% skill .. u will only use 80% of the armor set u have. ( FOR THIS MAKE MORE SENSE, BUT I AM PROBABLY WRONG).

mr skill mabe juss add 100% to your total mr. ex: u got a 300% armor set + your 80% skill gives u a total of 380% chance to skip some magic.

MR armors are for skip magic hits ( ANY KIND ).

now u may ask this... ok i have a 200% armor set but mages rape me .. never skip nothing why??

U have to considerer that Mag point ( let say 200mag mage).

Mag points add magic hit prob and dmg ...

So in the end .. u need a really good set mr to skip magics =D

got it? I hope i could help u

Sorry I think this question may sound stupid but I know pfm adds magic absorption and stops effects of armor break ews sleep etc, but what about magic resistance? Does it add any mr at all? So areages more likely to miss if they use mim?

Good question because I've heard that PFM adds some MR as well.

The only evidence I've read that supports this came from a discussion about the number of hits a direct 'Blizzard' will range between when targeted against PFM and un-PFM'ed characters.

Could someone confirm this?

Edited by Xolotl

As far as I know, pfm does not add any mr. Also I think MR skill 100% equals if you had a 100% mr piece on. MR300% set and 100% skill = 400% total mr.

Number of hits on a direct Blizzard is less with pfm, because your character is not "flying" from all the hits. Without pfm, you get hit once, get flown to another spot and get hit there too and so on..

PFM adds a specific amount of magic resistance, that's why some spells hit less frequent against PFM'ed players.

Same way GDS & DS add DR for the player.

oh brilliant so it does add a certain amount of mr? so how to calculate how much mr it adds? does it depend on your mag?

oh brilliant so it does add a certain amount of mr? so how to calculate how much mr it adds? does it depend on your mag?

no, it doesn't depend on your mag.

Some spells that can't hit trough PFM are just coded that way, which means that PFM works like an absolute protection, it is impossible to hit trough PFM with that spell.

Other spells, mainly damage spells, that hit trough PFM will have their damage cut by 50%, this is a 50% pure absorption of magic damage, the element of the spell doesn't matter, it's always 50% reduction.

Any spell, or part of the AoE damage of a spell is attempted to be resisted, when the hit ratio of such a single spell-effect (where e.g. blizzard has many, one for each spot it hits in its linear line + additional ones as expanding AoE effect) below 1000 will never hit trough PFM. That's why for example a magic missile will most likely never hit your target trough PFM, even fireball tends to miss sometimes, eventhough it is AoE damage.

In the Abaddon map PFM cuts damage by 50%.

In the Dragonia map, PFM cuts hitting probability of the zone-effects by 50%, where AMP cuts them by 75%.