Sign in to follow this  
cor3a

Strength Bonus

how is strength bonus calculated?

lets say im 182 str and i use a +10str angel... so eventually i'll have 192str... whats the bonus dmg?

GOOD QUESTION, BCUZ I GOT 156 STR AND MY Z WAND CRITICALS DOES NOTHING! ._.

with dm5 and rodr :P

zwand is meant as a weapon for magical dmg, not physical.

U get bonus for every 10 str points, i dont know what is that bonus, but u get at 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220 etc

thats why many ppl with Baxe builds, choose to go 170 str, and Gis builds go 160 str

zwand is meant as a weapon for magical dmg, not physical.

U get bonus for every 10 str points, i dont know what is that bonus, but u get at 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220 etc

thats why many ppl with Baxe builds, choose to go 170 str, and Gis builds go 160 str

On Z wands says: extra 33% magic dmg, and also says extra 33% physical dmg ...

but doesnt work i think bcuz it hits less than an anc dagger rep3

._.

the zwand receives +30% dmg, but no matter whats ur str, dont expect to go hitting CRITICALS with it, the dmg its dealing is already far too good, after there was a dice changed applied to wands.

And how doesnt it work? i seen zwand hitting 70+....

so basically if im 182str, it doesnt matter if i use +8 str or +10 str since the bonus will be capped at 190 and 200 right?

the zwand receives +30% dmg, but no matter whats ur str, dont expect to go hitting CRITICALS with it, the dmg its dealing is already far too good, after there was a dice changed applied to wands.

And how doesnt it work? i seen zwand hitting 70+....

Cowballs hit me 106 once ... and i wanst naked ... i think gm lowerd the psysical attacks ... :(

so basically if im 182str, it doesnt matter if i use +8 str or +10 str since the bonus will be capped at 190 and 200 right?

Yup, that's correct.

there was a good discussion about this on hbportal forums. turns out every point of str u have makes a difference. it adds either .2% or .3% to damage bonus, i forgot which one exactly but i'd bet on the .3%.

EDIT: so heres the formula from Richter of hbportal.

STR * .003 = BonusFactor

Round( BonusFactor * BaseDice, 0) = StrBonus

Edited by Xolotl

there was a good discussion about this on hbportal forums. turns out every point of str u have makes a difference. it adds either .2% or .3% to damage bonus, i forgot which one exactly but i'd bet on the .3%.

EDIT: so heres the formula from Richter of hbportal.

STR * .003 = BonusFactor

Round( BonusFactor * BaseDice, 0) = StrBonus

white, is this the one for hb nem? if it is, then basically every +1str counts.

I'm pretty sure that real formula is this one:

Dmg with strenght bonus = (round(str/10 * 0.03) +1) * base dice.

And heres an example of it's actual difference. 200str vs 182str on bs bh max dmg.

Battlehammer dice is on small objects(anotehr players for example) 3D8+1. So maximum dmg is 3*8+1 = 25

200str max dmg = ((200/10) * 0.03) +1 ) * 25 = 40dmg, necklaces and rings are added after strenght bonus.

182str max dmg = ((182/10) * 0.03) +1) * 25 = 38,5 => rounded to 39.

These are normal attacks. The difference is a little more on crits.

You get +1 damage every 2 strength if I remember correctly (unconfirmed as I don't have src available here to verify).

so having 190 or 192 does make a difference.

even having 191 makes a difference as only the finale calculation is rounded to a proper damage number, so a 0,5 damage can be added and used during calculations.

+1 dmg every 2 str? 200str = +100 dmg? lol...

2% damage bonus every 10 STR, 20% bonus at 100, 40% at 200.. 99% sure of it

i remembered something like "bonus every every 2 str"...

anyway I checked sources and can confirm this:

1 str = +0,002% bonus damage. -> 200 str = 0,4% -> 190 str = 0,38% bonus. it's bonus directly applied after your damage dice was rolled.

yeah, but u can notice it easier on crits, as damages are higher, so percentages make more effect

example, if ur hit would be 5 after dice roll, a bonus of 40% would make it 7, or 2 dmg bonus

a damage of 20 after dice roll, with a bonus of 40% would make it 28, or 8 dmg bonus

thanks for the clarification. so basically every str counts and its not like what people said, it only goes in 10 20 30 40 50.

just want to double check again. there is a cap for the str bonus on each weapon right? for example fs of a flame is 130str. there's a cap on how much the dmg will be regardless of how much str u have?

thats for swing speed not damage.

200str with flam will do more damage than 130str with flam.

thats exactly what i'm talking about. lets say a flame will hit -100 max with 130str, it'll exceed 100 if i'm more than 130str right? what i'm trying to know is lets say i'm 160str and i use a flame.. is there a max amt of damage capped at how much it'll be?

No, your statement is right cor3a.

There is no maximum (capped) amount of damage you can deal, there is just the maximum capacity of your weapon.

More str automatically results in more damage.

So a flameberge used at 200 str, or at 130 makes a difference, the 200 str player will potentionally hit higher damage values than the 130 str player as the 200 str player has 70 str more than the 130 str player.

thank u white. one last question, the additional strength will only be reflected in terms of physical damage and not hitting prob right?

thank u white. one last question, the additional strength will only be reflected in terms of physical damage and not hitting prob right?

hitting probability is determined using dexterity. so getting 200 dex is good for hitting prob :)