Sign in to follow this  
IRONCLAD

Raise Droprate

I think that adding things and then balancing them out never brings good outcomes. Never.

Whats wrong about abby right now? When there is people on and willing to take it down, it goes down. Theres a lack of users, which is a different problem. Problems with drop? Yeah, sometimes it sux but a lot of rares also droped from it, for the relativily few times it died. I think that if its killed every week, or once every 2 weeks, there would be more good drops..

The moment a medu neck or xelima neck, weapons drops from it, it will be enough to make all the other hunts you made worth it..

Besides cleaning ins't a burden.. you can get rares from there also and its fun.

Abby is fine the way it is..

I think that adding things and then balancing them out never brings good outcomes. Never.

Whats wrong about abby right now? When there is people on and willing to take it down, it goes down. Theres a lack of users, which is a different problem. Problems with drop? Yeah, sometimes it sux but a lot of rares also droped from it, for the relativily few times it died. I think that if its killed every week, or once every 2 weeks, there would be more good drops..

The moment a medu neck or xelima neck, weapons drops from it, it will be enough to make all the other hunts you made worth it..

Besides cleaning ins't a burden.. you can get rares from there also and its fun.

Abby is fine the way it is..

no 1 is hunting abby , why gonna change now ? i say this all the time wanna items ,fine go hunt its drop is bad try again .... i know it is hard but seriously all have items only want rares and for what ? in the fights all active and no 1 fight all recall or get boring .

For me dont change nothing . Need more ppl and events ..

events dont to shit but giving rares to ppl with rares already imo...

i never saw new ppl in events

or do shit events for new ppl, like farm summoning etc

events dont to shit but giving rares to ppl with rares already imo... i never saw new ppl in events or do shit events for new ppl, like farm summoning etc

That's why I've been adding multiple map restrictions to nemesis to enforce specific rules in certain types of events which'll be held in the future to give new players a chance to win too.

(e.g. DK Event, only allowed to use DK armors and weapons. Monster Survival, be the last man standing vs a group of NPCs. Scavenger Hunts, gather a specific set of items. Hide 'n Seek, Find a hidden item or GM to get rewarded. Dress Party, dress up as requested to win. Exchange Event, exchange an existing item (mostly stones or easy to get items) for other rarer items. ... I can go on and on)

Summon events are given on a regular basis to the entire town, players with less rares or less good items can still participate and survive most of the waves, rares don't even matter much in summon events anyway.

Anyway, the number of PvP events of different types in Tournament shape should be increased drastically aswell as Team, Guild and Town PvP events. For those we're mainly creating the Automated PvP Tournament System, which'll bring all those things into a simple dialog for both GM's and Players to manage everything. More news on the system will come later aswell as full details and possibilities.

scavengers arent really good either... winners are always one of the old guilds, a single new guy has no chance to complete the list before a whole guild

scavengers arent really good either... winners are always one of the old guilds, a single new guy has no chance to complete the list before a whole guild

That's why "Guild" are important in helbreath, a new guy can found or join a guild as desired giving him a potentional chance to win aswell.

and why would u even think of making it easier? u even said it, if 1 person can ruin a 20+ ppl hunt, deffinetly they did something wrong, besides (imo) its pointless to make abby hunt easy, as it drops most of the pro rares...

-1 to those ideas

When i said doing something wrong, I didn't consider "amping abaddon" or using "hp slate", I rather thought about generating a mass fight to draw everyone's attention to fighting rather the killing the abaddon.

As hunting abby would become easier with server's help and certain immunities and drop distributions etc, the way to get there, the creatures and abaddon himself can be made more powerfull to once again balance it out.

Just ot give an example, abaddon could focus more on magical attack then on physical attacks, this would make it much harder to be hunted.

Another addition could possibly be the ability of the Abaddon to summon minor minnions to attack players (Twins? Hc? TW?) or some sort of healer npc which players must kill before it would heal up the abaddon.

Perhaps abaddons ability to "teleport" around the abaddon map and overcome the obstacles he shaped himself in his own prison, this would requiring re-luring to continue killing.

I can think of numerous other things to be added to make the Abaddon strong to re-balance the apocalypse again.

Idk if that is too old topic for commenting it. Sorry if it is.

Making such change (immunity) will make abbadon hunting way to easy. Every HB server had found troubles on town balance, even more if we talk about time-zone inbalance. During that times of inbalance, if you are alone and can't really fight to prevent abbadon been killed by the enemy town (lets say, 20x2 isnt really possible to prevent sh"t), the best that you can do is to mess the hunt over untill they give up, or untill more from your side join your cause. IF the hunting team are smart enough to deserve abby to get killed, they can easilly pfa/ds abbandon and time it. That way it will never get amped and, teorically, it will come down soon or later.

Also, people was complaining about HP slates usage for drop stealing. That's why at entrance of abbandon map have a bridge, dont? Just make a team to block that entrance, and there u go! None shall pass, and the oposite team wont be able to get in there. If they have past, the hunting team done something wrong. Abby amped during the hunt? Hunting team done wrong x2.

Appart from that, I've been thinking about a new way of "safe zones", where as a player spawns (e.g. by recall or teleport from one to another map) he is in a "safe zone", the moment he puts one step outside the safe zone, this zone would be completely GONE for that player, so running safe and luring ppl to safe, or as we often see ppl play by recall pads running to safe zone or in ML safe zones (town & ML side), such behavior would become impossible, making pvp more interesting I think, as once you move out of the safe zone, you can no longer return to the zone, requiring you to FIGHT or RUN/RECALL. I know this will also make it harder to "see" if people are in a "safe" state or not, a visual effect can/will be added to indicate such state.

This is definitely possible, I've seen it done in another server a couple years back. Was pretty interesting, as it worked in town as well. Recall pads were safe until you moved from them, then you had to recall again or just run inside to get to another safe zone.

As far as making Abaddon immune to Protection spells, I completely agree, and here's a couple reasons why:

- Good guilds get better by letting new people join. New people join because guild allow them. New people stay because good guilds let them stay in hunts. New people make mistakes in hunts, like AMPing an Abby. Should you kick that person out? Sure, if you don't want him to stay at HB Nemesis. Let him stay, and help him learn from his mistakes.

- Some people have better ping than others, and therefore can cast slightly faster. If one person lags or can't PFA Abby before someone else AMPs it, then that 60 seconds for Abby to regen HP, and it regens very fast. Hunt slowed down+1.

It's not about being a "good" hunting party, it's also about luck and seeing where your priorities lie. Would you rather see Abby go down and maybe lose a new player because you yelled at him, or help the new player and maybe take longer to kill Abby? Etc. etc.

New save zone - thingy would be great. BTW: it seems to be hard to quote only some part of each post here :S Anyway... I would say making abby immune for protection spells would be good. It should be the BOSS of the game so it's not even against the "story of helbreath". Like Jing mentioned, even if you timed the abby, someone can amp it faster than you can pfa it. Even that way other town would have chance to stop the hunt, but not with one player only.. .

And one player would still be able to delay a hunt, time people atacking the abby, pfa and blizz, you can still use the hp slate and mess it, im in favor of protecting abby from protection spells

And one player would still be able to delay a hunt, time people atacking the abby, pfa and blizz, you can still use the hp slate and mess it, im in favor of protecting abby from protection spells

Agreed.

Agreed.

i stand 30% off all say it here , can some 1 translate the most important or for what vote ? xD