Sign in to follow this  
IRONCLAD

Raise Droprate

Droprate appears to be lower than it was a year ago, and even then it was hard to get anything! I don't fancy hunting ettins (for instance) for hours and getting 0 drops, it does not motivate you to hunt :s

the more u kill, the higher chances u have to get a drop, that should motivate u

or u could do as i did, just wait till a random noob kills 3 ettins and gets a pro drop, and rip him off

the more u kill, the higher chances u have to get a drop, that should motivate u

Yeah, sure. I played about 4 years to get my first dropped cape (strong 14 ns). For second cape didn't have to wait for that long, about 2 weeks later got my second cape which was already strong 21 ns, yippee :angry: Also about same time to get my first hammer drop. All these by mg in death valley. Never got battle axe or battle hammer so far. Ettins have never dropped anything but gold or pots... Yes, I usually solo, but still, over 4 years of playing and still my best armor drop is hp35 berk and best weapon pd55 hammer (which i broke when tried to make +2 :D )

When i see i get a drop i know already it will be another strong 14 or light 16 ns. If i'm really lucky it can be even pr21 or sp7 :P

I :wub: this game.

Edited by BlackFriday

and ppl got abh rep3, rep4, hp42, hp49 capes, mr84 capes, YOUR luck just sucks, it's not the droprate

as i told u, rip ppl off, in nearly 4 years i ve played this server i got 3 drops: ie sword, mp70 leather M and mr70 leather M (if u can consider this last leather as a good drop...)

Of course its nice to get drops, but knowing the effects of it on server. I prefer low drop rate. Server has become super boring, people with mass items and no balls is really boring to play with.

Edited by GeniuS

dunno i all days I laugh , i see ppl with alot of items desesperate for 1 ek and when get ds or pfa run like a b1tch . the problem starts when some open the big mouth and then is boring .... gm do a event "candyman " who collect 30 candys red , blue , green wins medium items like Dem Slay , resu wand , dark exec , blades that kind a items ... for x-mas XD

Of course its nice to get drops, but knowing the effects of it on server. I prefer low drop rate. Server has become super boring, people with mass items and no balls is really boring to play with.

Don't forget items are also being lost through accounts getting banned and people discontinuing with the game. Also, hunting is a very big part of the game, I actually prefer hunting to pvp. My argument is that the droprate is lower than it was when I was active this time last year, and the way it's set at the moment you stand a better chance getting a rare than a half decent battlehammer :blink:

Don't forget items are also being lost through accounts getting banned and people discontinuing with the game. Also, hunting is a very big part of the game, I actually prefer hunting to pvp. My argument is that the droprate is lower than it was when I was active this time last year, and the way it's set at the moment you stand a better chance getting a rare than a half decent battlehammer :blink:

The drop rates have been unchanged since I joined nemesis, which is more then 3 years ago actually...

The rate is still the same, the amount of hunted monsters is just decreased, and it becomes harder to hunt specific monsters due to lowered population.

For example, no single of the newest dragonia items are in the game yet, nor are any monster-dropped sleep manuals either, and not even the much wanted devastator, those are just a couple unseen items in nemesis.

Nemesis would be fully of rares if abby was hunted every week, at the testing phase of increased abby drops (which is still applied !) we calculated that in 6 months each active player would have gained 1 or 2 rare items given the drop rate of the abaddon, Yet this didn't happen (yet?) as people tend to give up after 1 "bad/less valued" drop.

The drop rates have been unchanged since I joined nemesis, which is more then 3 years ago actually...

The rate is still the same, the amount of hunted monsters is just decreased, and it becomes harder to hunt specific monsters due to lowered population.

For example, no single of the newest dragonia items are in the game yet, nor are any monster-dropped sleep manuals either, and not even the much wanted devastator, those are just a couple unseen items in nemesis.

Nemesis would be fully of rares if abby was hunted every week, at the testing phase of increased abby drops (which is still applied !) we calculated that in 6 months each active player would have gained 1 or 2 rare items given the drop rate of the abaddon, Yet this didn't happen (yet?) as people tend to give up after 1 "bad/less valued" drop.

Boom :blush:

Yet this didn't happen (yet?) as people tend to give up after 1 "bad/less valued" drop.

I remember when we killed abby 3 or 4 times in a row. Everytime only meriens... It just is not worth it. You need like 20 people to kill it, a single person is able to *censored* up whole hunt etc and in the end you are FGing merien stone and zem for 25 people...

Yet this didn't happen (yet?) as people tend to give up after 1 "bad/less valued" drop.

I remember when we killed abby 3 or 4 times in a row. Everytime only meriens... It just is not worth it. You need like 20 people to kill it, a single person is able to *censored* up whole hunt etc and in the end you are FGing merien stone and zem for 25 people...

It's true abaddon has the odd behavior, which we somehow can't actually explain why or how, to just drop "junk" items compared to it's ultimate drops.

If a single guy is able to *censored* your hunt, you didn't get a good team. When one guy comes to raid you, you should massively own him, 20v1... and be able to kill him right away.

And about the FG'ing, true, as people like to play honest but have a hard time doing so, often a GM needs to be involved to ensure honest drop regulations are done, and often it results into fg'ing the many stones amongst participants.

Although, in some rare cases an admin would summon a second abaddon to make up for the "junk" drops or create a random abaddon item to not let the entire effort go to waste.

Appart from that, I've been thinking about a new way of "safe zones", where as a player spawns (e.g. by recall or teleport from one to another map) he is in a "safe zone", the moment he puts one step outside the safe zone, this zone would be completely GONE for that player, so running safe and luring ppl to safe, or as we often see ppl play by recall pads running to safe zone or in ML safe zones (town & ML side), such behavior would become impossible, making pvp more interesting I think, as once you move out of the safe zone, you can no longer return to the zone, requiring you to FIGHT or RUN/RECALL. I know this will also make it harder to "see" if people are in a "safe" state or not, a visual effect can/will be added to indicate such state.

It's not that hard for a single person to *censored* up whole hunt. Been there done that. Log some unknown character with nick like v&ASDR%DEEW#F¤V%T& and keep logging in each 5minutes and logging out. Check when they are killing and amp the abby. It will recover full hp in a minute. Then you can keep hiding again for a while. Incase you are "found", use hp slate. Most of people will give up after an hour or two of pointless "fighting" => hunt ruined. Of course there is chance for co-operation of towns, but since we are living in the age of dickheads that will never work without admins interfering.

New safe zone idea sounds GREAT!!

Makes it interesting this type of conversations/discussions as it brings new ideas:

- Give the abaddon immunity to any type of protection spells.

- Create an automated drop distribution system within apocalypse maps, those who dealt damage to a mob will share in the drop, distributed directly at point of death trough a random system. Those ppl who already got a drop before will be skipped untill all people who dealt damage received a drop, then the drop system would include them again.

and why would u even think of making it easier? u even said it, if 1 person can ruin a 20+ ppl hunt, deffinetly they did something wrong, besides (imo) its pointless to make abby hunt easy, as it drops most of the pro rares...

-1 to those ideas

and why would u even think of making it easier? u even said it, if 1 person can ruin a 20+ ppl hunt, deffinetly they did something wrong, besides (imo) its pointless to make abby hunt easy, as it drops most of the pro rares...

-1 to those ideas

When i said doing something wrong, I didn't consider "amping abaddon" or using "hp slate", I rather thought about generating a mass fight to draw everyone's attention to fighting rather the killing the abaddon.

As hunting abby would become easier with server's help and certain immunities and drop distributions etc, the way to get there, the creatures and abaddon himself can be made more powerfull to once again balance it out.

Just ot give an example, abaddon could focus more on magical attack then on physical attacks, this would make it much harder to be hunted.

Another addition could possibly be the ability of the Abaddon to summon minor minnions to attack players (Twins? Hc? TW?) or some sort of healer npc which players must kill before it would heal up the abaddon.

Perhaps abaddons ability to "teleport" around the abaddon map and overcome the obstacles he shaped himself in his own prison, this would requiring re-luring to continue killing.

I can think of numerous other things to be added to make the Abaddon strong to re-balance the apocalypse again.

still, i disagree with any update that messes with pvp, the whole point of helbreath is a war between 2 towns, not a massive hunt of npc's imo

I vote for making route to abby map harder and abby harder and increase it's drop rate. Do not make drop distribution system.

This way it's worth to hunt abby, but it needs effort! I mentioned earlier, four times in a row merien stones, week of work for nothing is just disappointing...

Abaddon is the "boss" of the helbreath world, that why killing it should be hard & rewarding.

Still I agree with Gimlin, that "war between two towns is the main point" and that why pvp should not be limited.

More people should comment on this topic. Maybe white could create new topic regarding abaddon, since we are getting a little bit offtopic :)

Abby's drop rate as it is now is fine, people just don't take the effort to hunt it due to "hunt ruining" stuff that could occur aswell as unfair drops or drop theft.

If a GM is there organising it, mass people join, even though they know the possibility exists in just a "stone" (junk) drop.

- The Prime Event -

The abaddon was sealed away many many ages ago by the gods Eldeniel and Aresien.

- Episode 2 of the Helbreath Soryline: Resurrection of the Abaddon -

In the Villains collected all sacred items to release the Abaddon's power once again, this is where the followers of the Gods must put their war to a truce and fight along eachothers side to conquer the evil Abaddon's powers.

This shows really well that helbreath is not all about the war. The apocalypse was revealed by the Princess of Elvine and the Knight of Aresden and a truce was made to make conquer the Abaddon.

well... too bad the descendants of both princess and knight are a bunch of jerks who just want to kill each other (lol jk xD)

still, i think most ppl plays helbreath for the pvp, i ve always said pvp/pvm should be separated, and make updates for each one without affecting the other one. I agree with GMs maybe helping with hunt, but i disagree with them forbidding pvp or similar stuff. And if ppl says abby hunt is not worth it, well they r quite stupid, i ve done tons of unis/gg/dd and i never got a single rare, not even a zem, and when i did abby i did get shit stuff, or just zems, but i also got a XR with my guild, which was worth all the hunts togheter. And lets be honest, killing abbadon is not hard at all, it takes 3 days max, and even if u just get stones, its worth the effort to get the rares, otherwise go hunt snakes/SG and lets see if u get a medu neck or esw manual, duh

well... too bad the descendants of both princess and knight are a bunch of jerks who just want to kill each other (lol jk xD)

still, i think most ppl plays helbreath for the pvp, i ve always said pvp/pvm should be separated, and make updates for each one without affecting the other one. I agree with GMs maybe helping with hunt, but i disagree with them forbidding pvp or similar stuff. And if ppl says abby hunt is not worth it, well they r quite stupid, i ve done tons of unis/gg/dd and i never got a single rare, not even a zem, and when i did abby i did get shit stuff, or just zems, but i also got a XR with my guild, which was worth all the hunts togheter. And lets be honest, killing abbadon is not hard at all, it takes 3 days max, and even if u just get stones, its worth the effort to get the rares, otherwise go hunt snakes/SG and lets see if u get a medu neck or esw manual, duh

good point about the hunt there you made, a perfect example ;)

Regarding your pvm/pvp statement, separating it will most likely cause less pvp action to occur as often ppl will sit in the "hunting" zones where pvp wouldn't be allowed.

By allowing pvp in multiple maps and no real "safe" hunting zone, people are forced to pvp or run away and seek another hideout leveling place.

appart from that, the aid idea I got towards the abaddon hunt and the entire apocalypse event doesn't compare to the numerous other places where pvp can take place. Pvp isn't completely forbidden, nor eliminated in the apocalypse maps, so you can still go there to pvp the hunting group as you could go to any map and disturb a hunt. Yet fighting a powerfull boss mob like this the betrayal of one player can cause a massive hunt of 20ish or 25ish players to be ruined completely, with time ticking towards the closing of the Apocalypse every week to continue the all out war in the middleland, the immunity of the abaddon to protection spells would benefit the hunters who put effort and only eliminate a small part of traitors/ruiners of hunts who're probably trying to argue with me that it is "interfearing with pvp" and disagree on such changes.

I've seen numerous of games where pvp can co-exist properly aside of boss-hunting areas or places where it is impossible to ruin a boss hunt in a specific way. Let's say the simple example of World of Warcraft, going on a boss hunt there often required traveling trough a dangerous PvP zone with a high kill rate involved, while once entering into the dungeon, you're mainly on your own with your own group where pvp'ing eachother isn't even possible, where only failure of clearing the boss map or killing the boss happens due to inability of the team or certain key team members, where as those kind people would end up in an ignore list and never be invited to such hunts again. Where helbreath can't prevent others joining the hunting area as all areas are FFA places and not uniquely assigned to a single player or group of players, helbreath should find other ways to make hunting a more fun experience, in such case adding an immunity to abaddon against protection spells contributes towards the fun rate of hunting this boss mob down.