Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Suggestions For Advertice

I have some us$ in paypal and now facebook takes paypal for adverticing. So i plan to spend this us$ adverticing Nemesis Server.

First need to understand a few things:

Facebook charges by CPC (cost per Click) means they charge me some cents for every person that made click on my advertice and go into my page.

The CPC is like 0.05 its a pull actually so with a few dollars i can get some new fresh fish for u guys.

I know how to make the advertice to point our site thats not a problem. Problem is making this guys that click to STAY!

So here we need a few suggestions.

Basicly think like u are a guy that just got into nemesis site.

U will probably get lost trying to instal the game!

This needs to be solved, probably with White's Autoupdater.

But then once u are in the game. U are already lost again. Helbreath have no support for new players. I remember i spended my first 3 hours running around begginer zone.

White is making some ingame help now. We need suggestions for this!!

when you first start the game, you need some NPC that can speak to you and you click on him and he give you history of towns war and teleport you to ares/elvine town portal. then instruct you to talk with city hall guy so he can tell you new stuff.

maybe also for easy for new player you should have talk to npc as left option and use npc service as right option when clicking on npc.

Needs to be even more basic, like:

Hello. In this game u will be growing strong as more experience u get. To get experience kill a monster blabla. Once u get your "next level" experience u will get 3 stat points to set, which u can use for blablabla. Also, to have better abilities u need to train skills. Kill monsters to get drops which u can use for blablabla.

Seriously, I mean this game need a REAL "noob introduction program"

I have some us$ in paypal and now facebook takes paypal for adverticing. So i plan to spend this us$ adverticing Nemesis Server.

First need to understand a few things:

Facebook charges by CPC (cost per Click) means they charge me some cents for every person that made click on my advertice and go into my page.

The CPC is like 0.05 its a pull actually so with a few dollars i can get some new fresh fish for u guys.

I know how to make the advertice to point our site thats not a problem. Problem is making this guys that click to STAY!

So here we need a few suggestions.

Basicly think like u are a guy that just got into nemesis site.

U will probably get lost trying to instal the game!

This needs to be solved, probably with White's Autoupdater.

But then once u are in the game. U are already lost again. Helbreath have no support for new players. I remember i spended my first 3 hours running around begginer zone.

White is making some ingame help now. We need suggestions for this!!

i dont have lot of time to play but i dont care about help new players from mail if they have a question can answer in few hours ...i dont know if i help much but if u need a helper im here :) bye

I think that F1 toggle should be re-organized according to the present of the server. Noone ever check F1 nowadays, but it can be a nice ingame starter guide for those who start.

Should be in english and spanish.

But the most important problem relies at the people that conform the community. Maybe you can give a starter a lot of helpful tools, ingame menu explaining gameplay, etc, but if people keep killing them as soon as they start, or they are made a side of guilds, then noone will enjoy playing. I think most of the effort to keep fresh players ingame, should come from old players themselves.

From my experience in games, nothing was better than a person explaining you, instead of windows/menus, etc. And it was even better if you could join an experienced guild as an apprentice lets say.

The new guild system kind off works against this. I rembember rejecting lots of new players in my guild because we didnt had space for old members to join at first. Now we are running out of space again.. (Not saying that whole system is bad, but this point in particular turned out to be a problem).

Its hard to make the whole community to meditate about this, but at least from everyone personal experience ingame we can help it to grow.

Yes players Help Helps. But when u register and u download the game and u get online, u will find no Old player in begginer Zone !!!

U dont even know that u can chat inside Game!!!

This is why i think we need basic Tips at Begginer Zone!

Writing some sentences Here already Help. White, the coder, will take them from here when doing the "noob intro Program"

Hola

Realmente toda la informacion que necesita alguien nuevo en el juego se encuentra en la ayuda (F1), tal vez no seria necesario armar una guia y se podria ver la forma de que al crear un nuevo char cuando se abre la ventana de ayuda pregunte si es la primera vez en helbreath, si se contesta no (como seria el caso de alguien que crea su segundo char o ya se conoce el juego) la ventana se cierra y caso contrario se abra el menu de ayuda donde sea obligatorio leer al menos las opciones mas importantes (atack, defense, magic, specific point, skill, items y beningger guide por ejemplo) y definitivamente incentivar el uso del foro, indicando donde por ejemplo que se podran encontrar guias sobre los stats, hunts, items, tipos de chars, etc.

Si habria que hacer algunos cambios dentro del menu de ayuda, ya que por ejemplo las coords de los edificios ubicados en cada ciudad no se corresponden con el presente.

Y finalmente se podria dar la opcion de tener un cliente en español ya que ultimamente esta ingresando gente que no entiende mucho del ingles y le cuesta mucho mas todavia entender la ayuda posible a recibir, mucho mas si tuviese que leer una guia ya hecha en ingles.

By Gooogle......

Hello

Actually all the information you need someone new to the game is in the help (F1), may not be necessary to put together a guide and could see the way that you create a new char when opening the help window asks if is the first time in Helbreath, if you say no (as in the case of someone who creates his second char or already know the game) the window closes and otherwise open the help menu which is obligatory to read at least the most important options (atack, defense, magic, specific point, skill, items and beningger guide for example) and will definitely encourage the use of the forum, indicating where such guides that can be found on the stats, hunts, items, types of chars and so on.

If you would have to make some changes in the help menu, as for example the coords of the buildings in each city do not correspond to the present.

And finally it could give the option of having a Spanish-speaking customer is entering lately because people do not understand much of English and still has trouble understanding much help as possible to receive much more if I had to read a guide and made ​​in English .

i know this can be expensive, but really the nemesis website needs to be more attractive - with less buttons to direct new people.

for old player current website is really useful, all 20-30 options on side, straight to where you want, but for new player is too complex and not very visually nice/pretty.

REALLY noob new player needs 1 nice picture/flash animation taking up 30-40% of screen with few options on edge of page (top/bottom) so they don't get confuse. then make scroll down for more detailed options and recent events/news.

sometimes is also good having 2 frames; one outside that always stay the same, and smaller inside frame that change to each new page when button clicked. really was years ago when i did some web design and i had friends helping me but i learned how to do some of this its not so hard (i was 15 xD).

just some more idea hope they helping =X

Yeah Farjat I know exactly what you mean here.

in my opinion i think the best would be auto tip helper that you can toggle ON and OFF on F12. and of course have a screen that pops up right when a new player creates a character and enters the game. Then just have white design a list of things a new player needs to do

basically just make a new tip window that you can toggle on and off and make sure that the new player is able to follow the instructions right as he or she creates the character

im pretty sure my 9 years old nephew was able to follow simple instructions. you just have to make sure they have VERY easy access to the simple commands as to run/walk attack/safe double click to equip items insert to use health pot etc

tbh this game was NEVER noob friendly.

i remember i was 13 and i played ultima 8 at same time i first tried helbreath. i HATED helbreath and didn't play it till 2 years later when my friend had 180 on interational and showed me it again. ultima 8 is visual very similar to helbreath even maybe not as good looking but was much easier to pick up playing because intro to the game gave more information and all you had to do at first was walk a bit and follow the signs/directions on screen.

also at certain level you would get items in bag automatically. like you get dagger here in bag at beggining but no one ever use, autosell to shop xD

maybe we could have "training" weapon at level 20, given when becoming town citizen. again at certain stat reach (gs at str 80, wand at int 67)

well the servers exp lvl is way too fast for that jun. if we were to focus on helping complete new players, this server would need to slow down the leveling speed >.<

i'm just wondering if we could possibly have a poll on server reset and lower exp rate.? a poll wouldnt hurt right?

or calling other games... doing "quest" not has we know... i mean, go to farm and find barracks, when u are in barracks, other npc tells u go to bs, buy this weapon and come back...! when he comes.... : know kill the most dummys are possible... when u are 80, now in u can become combatant to pvp others town ppl...good luck...i just an idea *o*

i feel tat newbies will DEFINITELY not stay when they keep dying over and over again.

the best is to lure players from other servers. =P

just my cent..

Edited by chris khoo

i think barrack NPC is great idea, always if i see noob i ask him why he not training barracks? always because they think like other server will be low level limit and low exp.

basically need to give player more education so they can enjoy the game properly. basic of hunt basic of pvp etc. needs to be "in game", not just on website.

The game needs a tutorial map. Also, the website needs to be more friendly - as Junon said. Very few people know what a "_____ Portal" even is. For new players have sections like storyline of helbreath, screenshots of ingame (ones without 800 players on the screen and 40 different magic spells flying), etc. Then have a current player area for droplist, skill guides, etc.

Needs to be even more basic, like: Hello. In this game u will be growing strong as more experience u get. To get experience kill a monster blabla. Once u get your "next level" experience u will get 3 stat points to set, which u can use for blablabla. Also, to have better abilities u need to train skills. Kill monsters to get drops which u can use for blablabla. Seriously, I mean this game need a REAL "noob introduction program"

Hmm let me see if i can find my guide, unless Hunter still has it?

I think i resumed all the this to do, or atleast most of it..

Nah it is gone =/

Edited by raMz

Needs to be even more basic, like: Hello. In this game u will be growing strong as more experience u get. To get experience kill a monster blabla. Once u get your "next level" experience u will get 3 stat points to set, which u can use for blablabla. Also, to have better abilities u need to train skills. Kill monsters to get drops which u can use for blablabla. Seriously, I mean this game need a REAL "noob introduction program"

Hmm let me see if i can find my guide, unless Hunter still has it?

I think i resumed all the this to do, or atleast most of it..

Nah it is gone =/

I think I still have it somewhere, not sure though.

Many mmorpg have begginer quests, with white spots blinking at the mini map to know where to go for the next task

Exactly !

That's what I'll be working on, as we also face the fact that currently new 180's need to work very hard for their DK sets and stay goldies lvl 180 for some time.

So we need such tutorial thing with tasks (one-time-quests) to complete.

But adding this one-time-quest system requires a change in the structure of quests and would allow multiple quests atonce.

as long as you have an auto in-game tip guide players can not get lost.

then again the guide its self is SUPER time consuming. let us know if you guys need help writing the tips

then again the guide its self is SUPER time consuming. let us know if you guys need help writing the tips

I know, that's exactly why I hold events to collect game tips and guides. Making an event out of it doesn't leave the tippers empty handed.

I know, that's exactly why I hold events to collect game tips and guides. Making an event out of it doesn't leave the tippers empty handed.

ill go make a video with a few tips for start , help me all with suggestions this be 1 in english and the other in Spanish .