Sign in to follow this  
Exec

Pulling

i know this may have to go in suggestion, but i decided to post here

ill make it short:

its just pathetic the amount of people pulling when they are boxed by summons, i dont know if they force themselves with laptops, multiclient, or kicking the internet cable, but its just sad, and the worst thing is that they get no punishment at all.

im not doing this topic to blame GMs, or to blame certain players (although they r always the same group from the same guild), im making this because this needs some solution, we need to figure out how to stop this.

gms should allow players to "record " pullers and accept this as evidence, as far as i know ss or videos dont count right now,

this way players can do the work and gms do the bans ...

exec tienes que ser retardado, grabalos y entonces hablas siempre andas con 50 elv asiq ue cayate, ademas el server ya de por si solo esta low de players ahora quieres que los baneen? dime para que te quedes solo retardado?.

Ares stop pull and play more!!!

Ares/Elv :excl: :excl:

Some elvine do the same things, Pull when Boxed, and like exec says, the same peoples, the same guilds...

etc etc.. we should wait a solution.. i`m sure GMs is looking for it..

nice post!! Finally one mature post, unlike some kids who can not lose..

Ares stop pull and play more!!!

Ares/Elv :excl: :excl:

Some elvine do the same things, Pull when Boxed, and like exec says, the same peoples, the same guilds...

etc etc.. we should wait a solution.. i`m sure GMs is looking for it..

nice post!! Finally one mature post, unlike some kids who can not lose..

Something should be done about kids cheating in stake pvp's and not paying. U owe me xring :D

make a staking system, much like trading system, you put items to stake in the dialogue + maybe allow setting of map restrictions, we maybe add a special virtual map for this, so only staking in that map is allowed, cuz you change settings of what is allowed & what is forbidden...

And when one lose, or leave, winner takes item automatically :D

then no more cheating of nabs not giving their items they stake :)

I like this idea :D staking system :)

make a staking system, much like trading system, you put items to stake in the dialogue + maybe allow setting of map restrictions, we maybe add a special virtual map for this, so only staking in that map is allowed, cuz you change settings of what is allowed & what is forbidden...

Sounds great, only thing i see being a problem is DCs/plug pull(people can pull and claim dc). Also people passing items in the middle of pvp, as was the problem with my stake pvp. If the "stake window" could be open and still allow changing sets/chug pots but not allow outside items to enter ur bag i think would be good. Great idea tho

Edited by foefoe

Sounds great, only thing i see being a problem is DCs/plug pull(people can pull and claim dc). Also people passing items in the middle of pvp, as was the problem with my stake pvp. If the "stake window" could be open and still allow changing sets/chug pots but not allow outside items to enter ur bag i think would be good. Great idea tho

Maybe if someone loses connection to the server the character could remain there 10 more secs IF he was being attacked by some player...

i know this may have to go in suggestion, but i decided to post here

ill make it short:

its just pathetic the amount of people pulling when they are boxed by summons, i dont know if they force themselves with laptops, multiclient, or kicking the internet cable, but its just sad, and the worst thing is that they get no punishment at all.

im not doing this topic to blame GMs, or to blame certain players (although they r always the same group from the same guild), im making this because this needs some solution, we need to figure out how to stop this.

que lloron, aprende a maar sin dejarlos chugear... ese es el ninja style

gms should allow players to "record " pullers and accept this as evidence, as far as i know ss or videos dont count right now,

we do accept videos, not ss's

Maybe if someone loses connection to the server the character could remain there 10 more secs IF he was being attacked by some player...

And make every person who dcs become a free ek?? Dont think so.

It'd just be 10 secs, what would make the probability of a player killing someone who lost connection VERY LOW, UNLESS they were fighting.

It'd just be 10 secs, what would make the probability of a player killing someone who lost connection VERY LOW, UNLESS they were fighting.

5 secs is more than enough to kill a person who stucked and helpless.

DC would be solved by recall-on-connect as we got now in abby maps, fightzones and heldenian maps.

pulling will prolly result into not comming back, or taking longer then recall-on-connect delay to return, and if the player can't return in time, then he automatically loses the fight, and therefore also the staked item(s).

The staking would be hosted in a virtual map, you can't enter a virtual map unless one of these events occur:

- GM teleports you there

- GM opens portal to that specific map

- A dialogue click allowed you to teleport there (this is mostly guild houses or possibly other features

- The Server makes and automated teleport (which would be the case in staking, once both players agree, server will automatically teleport both players to a new map instance)

The reason to use virtual maps is because you don't see you're in a "virtual map", it feels and completely acts like a real map.

There can be an unlimited number of instances of virtual maps, and only those who know the EXACT name of your "staking virtual map" will be able to enter it, but as those maps are enclosed maps (without any entrance or exit !) nobody except for a GM can enter your map. (GMs have powers to go everywhere and anywhere).

So there won't be issue of ppl shuffeling things in anyone's bad, nor could anyone shuffle something in another players bag for repairs or other "unfair" things that were agreed not to allow, but some ppl yet break that agreement.

With a system like staking, the server keeps an eye on ALL agreements made, and enforces them.

Even naked, no activations, no weapons, no armors, forbidding of indevidual spells to disallowing skills is possible, there are numerous possible options/restrictions that can be chosen to be applied on maps.

sounds great, however I've been gone a little while. not sure exactly what recall-on-contact means. you still have a certain time to reestablish connection from a dc/logoff from abby/held/virtual maps?? Also what if the rare real circumstance happens where someone loses electricity or internet service for 5-30 minutes. Is someone supposed to actually lose there items because they can't physically connect to the game? These kind of circumstances make it hard to have a secure system to automatically distribute items to the potential winner. Basically what i'm saying is, without GM monitoring, the fights can still have an unfair outcome. And nobody will risk items on a system that doesn't guarantee a legit outcome.

sounds great, however I've been gone a little while. not sure exactly what recall-on-contact means. you still have a certain time to reestablish connection from a dc/logoff from abby/held/virtual maps?? Also what if the rare real circumstance happens where someone loses electricity or internet service for 5-30 minutes. Is someone supposed to actually lose there items because they can't physically connect to the game? These kind of circumstances make it hard to have a secure system to automatically distribute items to the potential winner. Basically what i'm saying is, without GM monitoring, the fights can still have an unfair outcome. And nobody will risk items on a system that doesn't guarantee a legit outcome.

recall-on-connect is a system that measures time since DC and the time of reconnecting, if the difference is within a certain range, it allows you to rejoin that map, if its out of the range, it will recall you, so that's basically a recall on connecting then.

The old system of HB automatically recalled you when you disconnected in map like abaddon, so it made recall-on-disconnect/logout, and we modified that system to recall-on-connect.

About these powercuts, those things are unpredictable, and such things can happen in any game, and there is no way this sort of things can be detected.

And a system monitoring a fight is more powerfull then a GM, a GM can make incorrect judgements or can't see all what happens (equip items, activate items etc, use spells, etc), while a system can monitor these clearly to even prohibit them before it actually happens. Where a GM will call the fight invalid if you activate your weapon, it's already too late as you activated it, and argues like "it was an accident" and "i clicked wrong" will come up to argue the GM and the judgement. While a system won't even allow the activation to start, so arguments like "it was an accident" or "i clicked wrong" no longer exist, as the system prevents it from taking place, clicking wrongly just makes you lose time (when casting spells for example, or activating an item, or double clicking an item to equip it, etc) which could make you lose/die faster.

I wouldn't know how a fight monitored by a system, who's judgement is un-argueable and always correct, can turn out in an "unfair outcome", I'd rather judge that a GM's hand/monitoring could possibly result in an "unfair outcome".

i dont want to sound like an as$hole, but i think ppl pulling is a matter that needs a fix way sooner than pvping for items... and thats the whole idea of this topic

letrita: si lees un poco lo que puse te vas a dar cuenta que dije en safe con summons, no en agites, en agites se mueren antes de dcear obviamente...

i dont want to sound like an as$hole, but i think ppl pulling is a matter that needs a fix way sooner than pvping for items... and thats the whole idea of this topic

letrita: si lees un poco lo que puse te vas a dar cuenta que dije en safe con summons, no en agites, en agites se mueren antes de dcear obviamente...

totally agreed, i would say pvping for items isnt imo something gms should try and code a "fix", i think ppl should wait for a gm to help them or soemthing like it has been made before,

trust me theres not alot of ppl doing this, every1 just like to talk ( not talking about you white, i know u did one and respected the agreement even before u were gm )

sure, how you suggest "detect" if somone pull or if somone lose power/internet?

and if detected, what should happen? player stand there the rest of his life or untill he die?

come up with a fair and good plan, we could consider.

According to me, there is no way to see if somone pulls or loses power/internet.

I have no idea this is possible, but i was thinking, if there's way to take ss's, there might be ways to do video, if there are, players can video people who pulls easier, and videos are a good evidence for gms to *spam*yze and, if thats the case, ban.

and if detected, what should happen? player stand there the rest of his life or untill he die?

According to me, there is no way to see if somone pulls or loses power/internet.

then what about adding a command to the client, like the ss command, but that lets u record videos, this way we could not only record pullers but sades and fights etc,

So how have GMs been able to determine that people in the past have pulled, and been banned for such offense if there is no way to determine a pull or a legit dc? Answer is common sense, it is very very easy to tell when someone pulls or dcs. In a big fight, if someone is standing still and then becomes the target of everyone else, its obviously a dc. But when someone is being targeted and runs for a while and gets parad and magically dcs the moment that will save his life, its obviously a pull.Also with such a small community it is pretty easy to identify people/guilds that are "known pullers" And i believe as this topic suggests that it is the same basic groups of people that are continuously pulling. Pulling the plug is essentially abusing a flaw in the server unfairly, aka bug abusing/hacking. I know that people in this server have been perm banned for far less infractions. So my suggestion is to make the penalty far greater than the benefit of saving 1 zem and giving 1 ek. I know in the past the penalty for pulling varies from player to player and which GM sees the pull. But i think there should be something more solid to detour these people from pulling. Say 1st offense is a 1 month ban, and the 2nd should be a perm ban. Ek laming in this server is an absolute nono and is punished by a perm ban everytime. Well imo pulling gives just as much of a disadvantage as someone laming eks, as it prohibits the legit earning of an ek that someone worked hard for. I think with a little stern monitoring/punishing of these offenses will stop the actions all together. People that work for long periods of time and spend lots of money, i believe, they would rather die than get there chars banned forever. Longest post in my history without profanity, hope it makes some sense :D

So how have GMs been able to determine that people in the past have pulled, and been banned for such offense if there is no way to determine a pull or a legit dc? Answer is common sense, it is very very easy to tell when someone pulls or dcs. In a big fight, if someone is standing still and then becomes the target of everyone else, its obviously a dc. But when someone is being targeted and runs for a while and gets parad and magically dcs the moment that will save his life, its obviously a pull.Also with such a small community it is pretty easy to identify people/guilds that are "known pullers" And i believe as this topic suggests that it is the same basic groups of people that are continuously pulling. Pulling the plug is essentially abusing a flaw in the server unfairly, aka bug abusing/hacking. I know that people in this server have been perm banned for far less infractions. So my suggestion is to make the penalty far greater than the benefit of saving 1 zem and giving 1 ek. I know in the past the penalty for pulling varies from player to player and which GM sees the pull. But i think there should be something more solid to detour these people from pulling. Say 1st offense is a 1 month ban, and the 2nd should be a perm ban. Ek laming in this server is an absolute nono and is punished by a perm ban everytime. Well imo pulling gives just as much of a disadvantage as someone laming eks, as it prohibits the legit earning of an ek that someone worked hard for. I think with a little stern monitoring/punishing of these offenses will stop the actions all together. People that work for long periods of time and spend lots of money, i believe, they would rather die than get there chars banned forever. Longest post in my history without profanity, hope it makes some sense :D

he's right