Sign in to follow this  
Dragnon

Roll Back

Ok, so you've all seen the title. Yes Roll Back. And yes we all know what that means. But before we let our minds carry ourselvs away on clouds of bah my eks and bah my items and bah my bahs, lets remember a simpler time. A time when we all fell in love with this game.

I dont know about any of you, but I fell in love when i was 14 years old (international Beta). It was a warm spring day that was just itching to close in on summer, and it was that magical age when you found beer, pot, women, and kick *censored* internet games (it was like 1999; for us old enough we remember when the internet didnt exist so this was a bad *censored* game)....and i ask you who were there, what was the coolest part.

The community.....the finding and building of core friends; who, because you all had to hunt in similar pits were always around. Before any map other than towns, middleland, and mines. And who doesnt remember the guys who figured out how to build an ES mage with war dex......it was a revalation. YOu all remember the old school fun....lol there were legends BEFORE lvl 130, and it was DOPE>

Now i will admit, Im a hopeless romantic....and i may have been dipping into the segrams seven, a little XANAX, and some of the finest green you ever smoked, but ill be GOD DAMNED if i DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS.

And let me tell you something, the early days of NEM 1 AND NEM 2 were just like that. Amazing times of discovery, team building, and FUN.

I truely feel a roll back will bring back that awsome

NOW! Before you all FREAK OUT......ive also devised a system to keep the tru vets someone appeased......and it is admitidely open to, perhaps demanding, any and ALL interpretation and criticism; more importantly SUGGESTIONS.

All current players get to pick these to carry over (excluding activation weapons(perhaps they are worth extra carry overs))

X number of armors (thinking 3)

X number of shields (thinking 2)

X number of rings (thinking 1)

X number of necks (thinking 1)

x number of wepons (thinking 1)

X number of wands (thinking 1)

(no you cant make 15 chars to take all your stuff<will be IP checked>)

EKS = 10% carry over

A system like this with MASS marketing, but much more refined, could solve our problem of reseting the server to attrack HUGE numbers of players from fresh to start HB at NEM, AND keep our veteran players around to make sure we still haVE the best HB server in the world.

Also, this style of carry over ensures that current players still strive to get not only the best items they can but as many EKS as they can as well keeping the current server active if not more so while coding is being done on the reset.

Hey, Im just a guy who likes to haVE a good drink, smoke some good weed, and get down with some cool *censored* mofos crushing monsters together. This post will probably be laughed at, and ignored more......but I bet theres at least ONE of you out there that feels me.

Dragnon

Co-GuildMaster of RAWR

Elvine Warrior sence birth

A question first, are you drunk?

I'm not sure. It's really up to what our boss have in his mind:

a) To continue without any wipe or restart or roll, and keep it on for 5 more years.

B) To restart the server before the new year, together with the new guild system.

c) Or like what you said, roll back with some items they chose to keep.

But my worry is, players in the future might be worry that the server will restart AGAIN after some years later. Which discourage players playing in a long term.

Conclusion, I don't know. But then yes, like what you said, DO NOT FREAK OUT! THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION FROM PLAYERS! Calm your temper before you click "Add Reply".

Basically, this carryover of itens will be a hunge pain in the *censored* to make, that will require asking each player what they want, so i can tell it wouldnt be posible to be done unless a specific coding for that is made, but thats a waste of time that could be used in better upgrades for the server.

Also, nem2 at its begin, had lots of players, but after 2-3 months, it was empty, no1 wanted to play low xp, most of the players are 20+ nowadays, and gotta work/study, they cant simply play for hours to get 1 level