Sign in to follow this  
Tritian

Guide To Adding Sprites

I'm relatively new to HB sources but I was playing around just for some knowledge.

I managed to add new spells in myself. It seemed pretty easy.

Monster sprites on the other hand, I'm having problems with.

Could anyone help and post as to which functions should be looked at?

Also, can someone explain what these mean?

MakeSprite( "GiantPlant", DEF_SPRID_MOB + 7*8*66, 40, TRUE);// Giant-Plant (Type: 76)

I.e, the 7*8*66, 40 part

Thanks a lot!

Through some progression, I had managed to get the monsters to be accepted into the Client. Just as I summon the monster though, the client crashes. Any explanation?

I searched in all files for the following: 'Slime'

Where ever there was a case or anything related to a slime, I added the new NPC.

The two main files were Game.cpp and Mapdata.cpp that contained sprites, sounds etc for the mob.

MakeSprite( "GiantPlant", DEF_SPRID_MOB + 7*8*66, 40, TRUE);// Giant-Plant (Type: 76)

1- "GiantPlant" is the name of the sprite. Slime is = Slm, Skeleton is = skel and so on.

2- DEF_SPRID_MOB + 7*8*66 are the index of the sprites. DEF_SPRID_MOB will be always the same for all the mobs, so if you want to add a new mob you must use DEF_SPRID_MOB. The only thing that will change is the 7*8*66.

Use hbpak_editor to see these things that i'm going to explain you.

7 = amount of frames on the sprites

8 = amount of sprites for npc behavior. For example: NPC attacking has 8 sprites

66 = The "MONSTER ID". Really this isn't de monster id but it's an idea. For example. if your last monster on MakeSprite was 7*8*66 and you want to add another mob, you will have to do something like that: 7*8*67. For other monster: 7*8*68 and so on.

Also you have a lot of methods that draw the mobs, you have to check on those methods too. Just see how the others mobs are drawn.

methos like: DrawNpc_OnStop or something like that.

1- "GiantPlant" is the name of the sprite. Slime is = Slm, Skeleton is = skel and so on.

2- DEF_SPRID_MOB + 7*8*66 are the index of the sprites. DEF_SPRID_MOB will be always the same for all the mobs, so if you want to add a new mob you must use DEF_SPRID_MOB. The only thing that will change is the 7*8*66.

Use hbpak_editor to see these things that i'm going to explain you.

7 = amount of frames on the sprites

8 = amount of sprites for npc behavior. For example: NPC attacking has 8 sprites

66 = The "MONSTER ID". Really this isn't de monster id but it's an idea. For example. if your last monster on MakeSprite was 7*8*66 and you want to add another mob, you will have to do something like that: 7*8*67. For other monster: 7*8*68 and so on.

Also you have a lot of methods that draw the mobs, you have to check on those methods too. Just see how the others mobs are drawn.

methos like: DrawNpc_OnStop or something like that.

Thank you so much!

Really appreciate the help.