Sign in to follow this  
gorefest

Total Change On Recall System

Recall scroll already have its own propieties. I beleive that most players here on nemesis want some change on the recall system. So, i have a suggestion for it.

When u cast recall on yourself, something like an aura (anything to display that u casted recall) shows up. I though in something like an iron ball up on your head (similar to "Mana Burn" from diablo I).

While this aura is up, you will be forced to be in peace mode (so you cant atack) and also cant cast any other spell. The aura have X seconds durations (i beleive 4 seconds is more than enought). If u dont take any damage during this X seconds, u get instantaneous recalled to your town. Else (if you take damage during this process), you will get a stun and the recall process will be interrupted.

That ends with two problems:

first problem (delay problem) -> major concern that ppl have with recallers is the delay (sometimes, doenst matter if u take dmg or not, ur spell will not get interrupted because the delay). So, basically, in that order, they start casting recall, they take dmg just after casted recall, they conjure the recall (shinny things shows up), and EVEN gotta been atacked (what should mean spell broken) they get recalled.

second problem and the most dicussed over here (damage delay on recall spell) -> well, there is no much about to say. In my suggestion, while the "aura" is displayed, u will have 4 seconds to remain untouchble to get recalled.

Comments plz.

That would make it rather annoying recalling in town, and also, its very likely you get hit right after you finish casting, this would make it a lot harder to recall than adding a 10 seconds timer, even tough i like a 5 seconds.

Also, recall scroll takes 1 spot at bag, so its not that big vantage

But my point is: with the atual system, there are some issues that most players point out as a problem. These are delay and the possibility of ninja scapes. I dont see much problem on this, for me its a normal thing from the game, not an issue that makes me mad. When i want fights without ninja scapes i search for fights in my own town.

But, if the HB nemesis comunity want it both fixed, something likelly what i said must be used. Else, using the 10 seconds without dmg coldown is just an copy over the recall scroll and wont fix anything from the delay problem (reminder: what i mean from "delay" is what i've expalined above on the first topic, "doenst matter if u take dmg or not, ur spell will not get interrupted because the delay").

The method i've explained isnt really an original system. I've just saw an another post made for suggest the exactly same thing, but write with easyer code words:

simple fix to this actually.

after cast, include a timer.

eg : cast recall, then on ur screen shows :

Recalling in 4 secs

Recalling in 3 secs

Recalling in 2 secs

Recalling in 1 secs

Should any damage be taken during countdown, the spell cancels. Its same principle as logout or restart on death timer.

I think this is an easy fix for the skilled coders this server has. Heck, with some luck i might be able to do this myself lols.

EDIT : I think recall shld be left the way it is now though, recall having a longer recall timing would affect the newer players.

I agree with you MJ, annoying when recalling at town. So, idk if this is possible (once when u use a scroll, you actually cast an magic [also can get magic skill points from it], meaning that if you make any changes on recall magic, it will be aplied to the scroll too), but can make this counter only for the recall casted, and remain recall scroll as it is right now? This way you could make recall scroll unlimited charges (like traveller) and bounded to every character.

So on town recall you'd be able to use the recall scroll and wont be such anoying as waiting 4 secs for each tp, and on fights you can use any of'en.

Hope everything gotta been understand beside my poor english.

Thx

Edited by gorefest

i see this recall topic continuously exist.. lol farjat already told u all recall system will not be change... if u all want delay on recall...y don't u suggest recall spell change to be rare spell ? so recall scroll will be use again :D ...i used recall scroll b4 but that was long ago so i totally forgot how it work ...let's do like this ... recall scroll will be perished after use it on other map but town...i think this will solve all ur problem...no more escape from raid no more ninja recall if u want recall hunt for it :D

Edited by ViaNz

Suggestion.

Cast recall ---> menu popup with list of recall zones to be selected (for example, ch tp, wh tp etc or wateva u call them). ---> after selection of recall tp ----> menu popup again for confirmation jus like crusade ML tp.

3 clicks for recall. During this 3 clicks if you get hit/interupted you have to cast again.

This way, you can select the tp u wish to be recall to (no nid 4 multiple recalls), slight delay for clicking 3 times so your *censored* may stil get kicked in the middle of a fight.

Think of it as an improvement to the current recall spell whereby u can select ur preferred tp zone.

Thx for reading.

The biggest issue w/recall is the difference between the have's and don't have's. Besides some play just for the pvm part of the game not the pvp. Those's that have the good pvp items want recall changed. I've been on nemesis int. since May of 2010. I have gotten 1 hp7% armor drop and 1 mp 7 armor drop and I only have about 9 zems altogether. Most of the time I'm hunting by myself. Just recently got into a guild. So ya I recall (guilty). Simply because I can't even begin to compete w/my items. I'm not saying give the noobs items. I think this game needs to make a armor upgrade system, that includes you having to use Manu. alchemy, farming, Ect. to make crap drops into better pieces. The new players would still have to work for what the get, it wouldn't be a hand out that way.

I dislike the ideia on changing recall system. I disgree with it like 100%, but im only one guy and i cant make my will if the hb comunity wants it.

The good on HB that makes it diferent from every RPG game is the dificult on making good kills on pvp. Part of that is dealt because the recall spell. I like it, i love it. Is SOOO funny when an enemy just recall in front of you. And is even more funny when you ninja scape from activate whores, like xr + twice ice.

But there is nothing to do unless accept it. Once ALL gm staff, except farjat, want this recall system changed, so its time to think not about "its going to happen", once its already 100% sure is going to really happens. Its a matter on how its going to happen.

Concluding: YES, i oppened this topic giving suggestions on recall system change. Do i want it?

DEFNETLY NO! Hope this very clear to every1. But if things are going to be changed, i woulda really want that this is gonna be for improvements. HB is good as manner as it is right now, OLD school mood.

All the point of me making this topic is: DONT COPY RECALL SCROLL. Do something a bit more diferent. Inovate. Make it worth the change.

Thx all

Edited by gorefest

The biggest issue w/recall is the difference between the have's and don't have's. Besides some play just for the pvm part of the game not the pvp. Those's that have the good pvp items want recall changed. I've been on nemesis int. since May of 2010. I have gotten 1 hp7% armor drop and 1 mp 7 armor drop and I only have about 9 zems altogether. Most of the time I'm hunting by myself. Just recently got into a guild. So ya I recall (guilty). Simply because I can't even begin to compete w/my items. I'm not saying give the noobs items. I think this game needs to make a armor upgrade system, that includes you having to use Manu. alchemy, farming, Ect. to make crap drops into better pieces. The new players would still have to work for what the get, it wouldn't be a hand out that way.

Off-topic but I agree with mixtricx.

Old players got a nice set already (Though I still have sucky mr/hp/mp set)

I think after running the server for a few year it should get easier for new players to get basic items. It is maybe lame for old players that worked hard from nothing to good gear, but after playing here for a long time its more fun playing with a lot of (new) people, then having gear and hardly able to use it?

Maybe removing useless drops (rev pot, small hp/mp pots) already increases the rest of drops already?)

ON-TOPIC:

I dont care what happen with recall, I'm happy if atleast something changes!

Recall and choose where you want to recall sounds nice. You can do this fast, but can be interrupted.

Recall only possible after X amount of seconds after getting dmg, also good.

Recall to the recall zone after you click on map and cast recall on yourself, good to be added.

Recall spell 5 seconds

Recall scroll 10 seconds

Recall special 0 seconds (to get from donation USD500)

This will solve.

jajajaja plzzzzzzz!!!

NO RECALL NO INVIi, fight win or die!!!!!!

0_0 Marten FaciaL EnSon GoDie and more!!! invi run recall!!!!

ami no me gusta que no puedas recaliar desp de 5 segundos de dmg,lo que estaria bueno es que no puedas recaliar con gente ENEMIGA al lado como el pretend cropse o algo asi XD

PD:sry el castellano, si a alguien le interesa traducirlo nice ;D

Recall spell 5 seconds

Recall scroll 10 seconds

This will solve.

jajajaja plzzzzzzz!!!

NO RECALL NO INVIi, fight win or die!!!!!!

If we have more players like Mandos who talk a lot of rubbish and create only problems, will lead the server to a disaster. As if that they claim they never use the recall and invi. 1st, you talk a lot of brainless crap. 2nd, this is not a topic for u to show that you are some fking elvine hero who fight like a brainless barbarian. 3rd, everyone have their own way of fighting, I do not want to put my intelligence as the same par as yours, that will be an insult to me. 4th, Please show some maturity and discuss the topic and not fking talk about things that is not relevant. Show some brain.

Oh hei, why don't you suggest that everyone should only create a pure warrior stat and play nemesis. Please delete Magic, and Intelligence from the game. That suits your game play isn't it? Go ahead and create a topic at general or suggestion on "GM PLEASE REMOVE ALL SORTS OF SPELL DURING FIGHT ESPECIALLY RECALL + INVISIBILITY. ALSO REMOVE INVIS POT AND SCROLL. OH YEAH, AND MAKE ME GODMODE!"

Thanks.

Recall spell 5 seconds

Recall scroll 10 seconds

This will solve.

jajajaja plzzzzzzz!!!

NO RECALL :wacko: INVIi, fight win or die!!!!!!

If we have more players like Mandos who talk a lot of rubbish and create only problems, will lead the server to a disaster. As if that they claim they never use the recall and invi. 1st, you talk a lot of brainless crap. 2nd, this is not a topic for u to show that you are some fking elvine hero who fight like a brainless barbarian. 3rd, everyone have their own way of fighting, I do not want to put my intelligence as the same par as yours, that will be an insult to me. 4th, Please show some maturity and discuss the topic and not fking talk about things that is not relevant. Show some brain.

Oh hei, why don't you suggest that everyone should only create a pure warrior stat and play nemesis. Please delete Magic, and Intelligence from the game. That suits your game play isn't it? Go ahead and create a topic at general or suggestion on "GM PLEASE REMOVE ALL SORTS OF SPELL DURING FIGHT ESPECIALLY RECALL + INVISIBILITY. ALSO REMOVE INVIS POT AND SCROLL. OH YEAH, AND MAKE ME GODMODE!"

Thanks.

seriously , when i see mandos i see tsunami in japan >_< . mandos pls stop showing ur stupidity here , its just a game . im thankful that i dont have to tell u off face to face otherwise i will have to smells ur fking smelly mouth with all trash and shit talk. amen

Recall spell 5 seconds

Recall scroll 10 seconds

This will solve.

jajajaja plzzzzzzz!!!

NO RECALL :wacko: INVIi, fight win or die!!!!!!

Thanks.

seriously , when i see mandos i see tsunami in japan >_< . mandos pls stop showing ur stupidity here , its just a game . im thankful that i dont have to tell u off face to face otherwise i will have to smells ur fking smelly mouth with all trash and shit talk. amen

+1

vi en un tema anterior, que a "MANDOS", si mal no me equivoco, se lo sanciono, por decir "godie 3 hf, no mana", corregirme si estoy equivocado y de ser cierto que se lo a sancionado, por cuanto tiempo fue?

Gtraslate

I saw in a previous topic, which "MANDOS", if I'm wrong, I sanction, say "godie 3 hf no mana", correct me if I'm wrong and it is true that it sanctions, for how long was ?

Edited by roca1985