Sign in to follow this  
Nindax

Change Hitpoint/vit Formula Back To Normal

What about changing the formula to calculate HP back to originals, and compensate that with higher dmg on spells and weapons?

It remains the same, but hunting will be easier. It just needs to many people sometimes to hunt and I think there should be hunting 24/7.

This would increase new player happiness caus they can join the hunts easily, and now there arent really many hunts going on (as far as I notice)

Just an idea ^^

EDIT: I mean healthpoints not hitpoints!

Edited by Nindax

Dont agree.

Its a very big change, that requieres A LOT of balance to be done in the middle of server life. This things have to be done in between a total reset of server, not in the middle...

Besides, I really dont get how this could help the developing of hunts?. I mean, you wont hunt more because you have 90+ HP points at lvl 180 (Nemesis has 90- hp at 180 than the rest of servers). The deal is finding people, which is completely possible. I never really had someone saying: "I dont hunt, my vit is to low..".

Theres always people willing to hunt, the newers one being the most. The problem is that they get excluded oftenly, because they are, precisely, new. (which involves teaching them, maybe ruining the first hunts, trust problems, fg or az problems, spy paranoia, etc, etc) So, if you want to help the hunting "issue" (I really dont see/live it), start from there.

Its not as easy as saying, o well, we all get 90+hp at 180, so we make blizz hit 30-80 instead of 24-72 (or whatever), and we make whatever weapon hit 3d12 instead of 3d10... please...

Dont agree.

Its a very big change, that requieres A LOT of balance to be done in the middle of server life. This things have to be done in between a total reset of server, not in the middle...

Besides, I really dont get how this could help the developing of hunts?. I mean, you wont hunt more because you have 90+ HP points at lvl 180 (Nemesis has 90- hp at 180 than the rest of servers). The deal is finding people, which is completely possible. I never really had someone saying: "I dont hunt, my vit is to low..".

Theres always people willing to hunt, the newers one being the most. The problem is that they get excluded oftenly, because they are, precisely, new. (which involves teaching them, maybe ruining the first hunts, trust problems, fg or az problems, spy paranoia, etc, etc) So, if you want to help the hunting "issue" (I really dont see/live it), start from there.

Its not as easy as saying, o well, we all get 90+hp at 180, so we make blizz hit 30-80 instead of 24-72 (or whatever), and we make whatever weapon hit 3d12 instead of 3d10... please...

But it would sure increase the variation of builds (maybe many more ppl would choose to become Platemages/BattleMages/Amp wars).

About the server balance thing, do you really think it's perfectly balanced now? I don't think it's THAT perfect for that change to affect the PVP experience...

Hmm, I think that its fine now. I mean, some platemages/amp wars builds, if played correctly, are great and hard to take down. I mean platemages/amp wars as chars with no more than 112 int. Worm/AB users can be really annoying, and they already have a nice vit, even with 100 dex.

Giving more vit to them wouldn't be wise imo.

Bmages (blizz users, 104str-130strs for me) definetely shouldn;t have more vit than they have now. I mean, they have great damage, but their weakness lay at their low vit. Although 104str builds do have fair vit, 130str shouldn't enjoy that 90+ hp plus, it would be simply too much.

By choosing these kind of builds, you are assuming that you will have a "strong" weakness, the vit.

I dont know if its PERFECTLY balanced now, but its fine. I can grant you that a change in the formulaes like the one being asked, could be disastrous. Mainly, in the PVP of course.

A different thing would be applying this change after a total reset. But it would be wrong for it to happen now, in the middle.

Judging from previous experiences in other games, I can be sure it would suck a change like this.

Hmm, I think that its fine now. I mean, some platemages/amp wars builds, if played correctly, are great and hard to take down. I mean platemages/amp wars as chars with no more than 112 int. Worm/AB users can be really annoying, and they already have a nice vit, even with 100 dex.

Giving more vit to them wouldn't be wise imo.

Bmages (blizz users, 104str-130strs for me) definetely shouldn;t have more vit than they have now. I mean, they have great damage, but their weakness lay at their low vit. Although 104str builds do have fair vit, 130str shouldn't enjoy that 90+ hp plus, it would be simply too much.

By choosing these kind of builds, you are assuming that you will have a "strong" weakness, the vit.

I dont know if its PERFECTLY balanced now, but its fine. I can grant you that a change in the formulaes like the one being asked, could be disastrous. Mainly, in the PVP of course.

A different thing would be applying this change after a total reset. But it would be wrong for it to happen now, in the middle.

Judging from previous experiences in other games, I can be sure it would suck a change like this.

It's ok now, I agree on that, but without experiencing we can't judge how it'd be if the old formula was used, and it wouldn't mean +90 HP for everyone (I assume you took 90 as an average), the more vit you have the more it would increase with the old formula, so battlemages would increase their Health Points, but Pure wars and Mages would increase them even more, so it doesn't make it a Win-Win situation for the Battlemage/Hybrid.

What I understood from some White's explaination is that at 180, every char has 90 hp LESS than in the rest of HB servers.

Thats independant from the vit a char can have.

For example with 130str/72 vit, 180 lvl I have 551 HP. Going back to the old formula would result on me having 641 HP, without any modifications on my stat. And so on.

What I understood from some White's explaination is that at 180, every char has 90 hp LESS than in the rest of HB servers.

For example with 130str/72 vit, 180 lvl I have 551 HP. Going back to the old formula would result on me having 641 HP, without any modifications on my stat. And so on.

Got it, I misunderstood, thought the formula in which vitality (stat) is conversed to Health points was different to the "ordinary one".

i really doubt it, at other server with normal formulas, i got almost 900 hp with 141 vit, i doubt some1 has 800 hp here with 140 vit

141 vit 200 str = 793 hp, on other servers, that would be 883 hp, more only with angels

Thats oficial hb, if u play fruit servers...

Check hb usa char simulator, than our simulator, the hp formula is:

lvl*2 + str/2 + vit*3.

here it is lvl *1.5

On topic:

If there are so many 'unkillable' people already, wouldnt make them ever harder to kill with more hp?

The hp regen comes from vit, not the hp.

If happens we go back to that formula, the plus 90 HP comes from the lvl not from Vit. I have 90+hp at 180, but my vit is still 72. I have the same regen.

iam a amp war and my health points are just fine the way they are.

currently i get full health at 678. giving 90+ more h points just dosnt seem like its gunna help me with hunts at all

maybe i can take 1 or 2 more hits maybe 3 but thats it... leave it the way it is..(ps yea i know i know shit all about hb nemesis)

also more hp = higher regens

Im afraid ur wrong there, as Svfanir said, it's calculated from the stat, (for mana regen the maximum amount is the mag stat, if stat= 200, max regen= 200)

im not 100% about this, but i think hp regens are:

max regen: ur vit

minimun regen: ur vit/2

as for mp regens, max is ur mag, and i dont know if the minimum is 1, but the minimun is low for sure