Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

The Guild System Update

OMFG, and theres ppl that cant even fix bag mess who call themselves coders lol :P

Amazing! Really looking forward to playing with this new feature, its gonna be tough @ nemesis.ar since most guildmaster are inactive, but we will work it out :)

PD: Wait, nemesis.ar is going to be updated too, right?

PD2: Its Expandible, Expansivle doesnt exist.

Edited by vazkitoo

My concern:

Will it be too much of contri points just to upgrade lvl 1 guild? I understand it will be a BIG challenge to accumulate 50,000 GCP. Let's say 10 players has total of 7,000 CP, it will need them to collect 700CP for 7times to make the guild into LvL1. That is really some pain in the *censored* in terms of the time going to spend.

Discount please?

Yeah, is gonna take a while. Whats going to happen with sades and helds during this period?

it will be a very tiny base, and it will always be destroyed, LOL! I don't think it will affect Held, not much at least.

But there are two things that I know, MASS EK in every pits from now!

AND, nemesis should consider selling contribution points too. LOL!

Another question:

Can a non-guild member donate his contri points to the Guild Master of a guild?

Smart one, this way ppl of a guild that are not yet guildsmen because of 10 limit would be able to donate their contri for a faster guild update. You should consider this, white!

Another question:

Smart one, this way ppl of a guild that are not yet guildsmen because of 10 limit would be able to donate their contri for a faster guild update. You should consider this, white!

1. Join Guild

2. Donate all your Contribution Points

3. Leave Guild

Repeat with next character. ;)

Another question:

1. Join Guild

3. Leave Guild

LMAO! That is brilliant!! LOL!

Another question:

1. Join Guild

3. Leave Guild

haxxor!

Neme.ar will be updated too OFC but later.

The good thing of having 2 twin servers is that i can update one, wait for bugs, and the second one get updated bugless.

This time INT first. We need players to test/taste it. ARG not enoff to use as a test.

And yes, this is 100% Nemesis idea/code. Actually its 100% White[GM]

I personally think 50K is too much. But for a release that needs players test high is better than low.

Another question:

1. Join Guild

3. Leave Guild

haxxor!

Neme.ar will be updated too OFC but later.

The good thing of having 2 twin servers is that i can update one, wait for bugs, and the second one get updated bugless.

This time INT first. We need players to test/taste it. ARG not enoff to use as a test.

And yes, this is 100% Nemesis idea/code. Actually its 100% White[GM]

I personally think 50K is too much. But for a release that needs players test high is better than low.

Long live White[GM]!

Another question:

1. Join Guild

3. Leave Guild

Dont reveal our secrets!!! >:(

Some more replies/creations:

50k GCP for upgrading lvl 1 guild to lvl 2 guild is alot ! discount?

The upgrade cost is slightly high, but together with guild system, the contri cap will be upgraded to 10k ! (as promised in last update).

Considering a 10 members guild, each member has to donate 5000 contri points, which take a little while, that's true, but it's not an insane amount per player.

It's not suposed to be that if we release the guild system that the day after every guild is level 5...

you're suposed to work for the features and pay slightly high prices, this keeps the game balanced and resolved the "useless-ness" of contribution points.

At the final end, a fully upgraded guild with the MAX member limit (1k) and max WH slots (1k) costs 25 810 000 GCP.

It'll take a while to get this amount and get the upgrades done, probably will take a couple weeks to months before the first guilds reach level 5.

Considering that in the old system only 1 person could plant a flag or control the build/tp/summons during helds & crusades, this new system (explained in this thread) basically allows MORE people to plant flags, MORE people to control build/tp/summons, these features shouldn't be free at all.

In the past when the guild master wasn't able to be online, the guild could bearlt participate in helds or sades, the guild system will all change this.

Members outside guild can donate?

Nope, this is impossible to be done from outside the guild.

The only way to get it done is as Jing explained, though I already have contra adjustments for this - when leaving a guild, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you can join a new guild ;)

The guild removal will affect held/sade?

Propbably in the first (two?) weeks perhaps slightly, as guilds are forming and gathering contribution points rather then fighting for their nation.

With, or without guilds, the number of participants to helds and sades will be equally (perhaps even higher as some old players return for the guild system !)

I like the way how White fully utilize the Contri Points by applying it on Guild Upgrade, and the whole system of coz. Especially on the 24hours rules. But I still think 50,000 CP is a lot for a 10members guild. Afraid that it might demotivate the players, just my thought, not sure though.

Perhaps we can have some promotion for the first 3 or 4 days to encourage Guild Master to at least create a LvL 1? Maybe a 35,000 CP for LvL, or 15members in LvL 1?

Would be some excitement too to have a prize giving event for the 1st guild to achieve LvL5 :P like Ressu Wand MS20.

Also, will every guild that is created are able to change their guild name in the future? Will cost some CP I assume?

Another major concern, will this new big update affect the game speed? Will players getting lag?

:-)

To reply at kennychl's concerns:

Motivation to upgrade guild

Well, this update was intended to be released BEFORE x-mas takes place.

There WILL be an x-mas event, which this year will be organized by myself.

For this event we have a couple prices, not to reveal much info on this event or it's prices yet, I can say that you don't need to worry on the motivation... Perhaps one of the x-mas event prices would be GCP or free guild upgrade(s) ;) - Stay tuned around x-mas for the event notice ! ;)

24 hour rule

This is just an idea, it's not implemented yet ;)

Guild lvl 5 reward?

Perhaps, I have been thinking about making an un-timed event where the first guild that reaches lvl 5 gains a bonus or reward. - we'll have to discuss this idea in staff room to decide IF and WHAT reward will be given, but I support your idea, a resu sounds nice.

Change Guild Name?

Currently this is not implemented/activated as there is no approval of this ability to be enabled. Perhaps a 14-day no-changing should be implemented.

This brings me to another idea where it would take 3 days to disband a guild, the master can request the disband, after 3 days the disband will be applied, meanwhile it can be cancelled though.

This brings yet another idea to make rank-changing limit, if somone's rank was recently changed, it should not be changed again within 14 days.

major concern about game speed

The guild system is completly unrelated to the game's speed.

The system do uses a 3-way communication to get everything handled/checked (permission related etc), which might slow down the services related to the guild system, but you don't need any guild services that use or require this 3-way communication during PvP or PvM ;) - Making changes within your guild happen inside guild hall, as you need to be there to buy features, access guild WH etc. You take your time to do this, so the speed of them doesn't matter as you're not in danger.

I do can note that the services are reasonably fast, only a minor delay occurs when using them.

If you're concerned about lagg due to extra guild ranks requiring to be displayed. I can tell you, you don't have to be, let me explain why:

In the past we had guild master and guild member, 0 (zero) represented master, 12 represented member. With the new system we use ranks 0 (zero) to 9.

Basically in the guild-rank-packet in the past there was a short being set, and in the future also a short will be sent. As you notice, both are short, which means an equal amount of bits & bytes being sent, no matter which guild rank you are.

Infact, game speed should slightly increase as certain packets are delayed-packets which used to be embedded within other packets.

Delayed packets are sent later then the casual other packets and are handled at a later time stamp and in the background.

You probably won't notice this at all as the increase in speed is only very very small and occurs in only 1 or 2 packets.

If you got more questions about game speed in specific cases which you think that might be slowed down, feel free to explain your case, then i'll confirm or deny if there is any game delay, and if I deny it, i'll also explain why there is actually no delay or slowdown of game speed.

Great planning on the event motive! Now I'm really looking on it and hopefully I will be available! The reward will be cool too, doesn't have to be powerful item or sets, but an item that meant to help guild - Ressu Wand :-)

On Guild Name:

It will be a lot of trouble to dismiss a guild just to change the guild name, where all the points will be wasted. What about paying contri points to change the name? Or perhaps, having an opportunity to change the guild name in LvL5?

What about "swaping" player's ranking? Eg, position of Leader to be "swap" with veteran, or something like that?

Ok... A lot of words on the game speed. But basically, it's a "No, the update will not affect the speed of the game play and will not caused any lag. In fact it will increase the game speed (slightly)". Maybe someone who is more 'technical' will be interested to ask more on this part :P

OH! Did White just said BEFORE XMAS??? O_O

Hell it's gonna be an interesting new year too :D

guild name changing

The feature of this will probably added for a HIGH cost of GCP, but probably the delays or changing restrictions of hours/days will be added together with this feature.

Swap ranks?

Possible yes, well, sort of swapping is possible.

The guild master or leader can grant or revoke guild ranks, so if he wishes to "swap" one for another, he has to de-rank (change rank actually) of the current guild player that has the rank, then assign the rank to anyone else within the guild he likes it to have ;)

Game speed

Basically you're right, the short answer is ineed "nope, no decrease, a slight increase actually."

BEFORE X-MAS

Yup,you heard me correctly... the guild system will come BEFORE x-mas as together with this update there is also another part of the game the will be updated/changed, it's rather small considering the guild system.

But as I promised in a previous topic, Nemesis WILL make an update for x-mas ;) and we WILL have x-mas event ;)

Final question (I think)

In order to CREATE a guild, the guild master must need 50k contribution point???

OR

Guild master CAN create a guild without any points? But players will need to pay HIS CP in order to join the guild (which doesnt make sense).

And I found this:

Guild Level 1

Guild Upgrade: 50000 GCP

Guild Member Limit: 10

Guild Member Limit Expandable: Unavailable

Guild Warehouse: Unavailable

Guild Warehouse Page Limit: 2

Guild Warehouse Page Expandable: 10000 GCP/Page

Guild Warehouse Slot Limit: 5

Guild Warehouse Slot Expandable: Unavailable

Build Warehouse Page Limit: 2

So do we have a guild warehouse?

Edited by kennychl

i have a suggestion that could also be good to increase the server population (a bit).

the suggestion is to send an e-mail to all the existing accounts, so every player knows about the update.

maybe some old players are interested in playing again as the update is really nice.

what do u think?

Final question (I think)

In order to CREATE a guild, the guild master must need 50k contribution point???

OR

Guild master CAN create a guild without any points? But players will need to pay HIS CP in order to join the guild (which doesnt make sense).

And I found this:

Guild Level 1

Guild Upgrade: 50000 GCP

Guild Member Limit: 10

Guild Member Limit Expandable: Unavailable

Guild Warehouse Page Expandable: 10000 GCP/Page

Guild Warehouse Slot Expandable: Unavailable

Build Warehouse Page Limit: 2

So do we have a guild warehouse?

makes no sense for me when you say

so its unavailable but you still have the pages and slots?

I dont get it !

besides, what a freaking awesome job dude, keep doing it.

Guild creation

Creating a guild is as it used to be, level 140 with 20 charisma.

We might add a starters fee of around 1k contri to ensure no mass-guilds are made for useless purposes. (this is currently not yet active, we are still considering)

As explained in the first post, guild level 1 is equal to what guilds currently are/used to be in helbreath.

The mentioned upgrade costs are to upgrade to the NEXT level.

For guilds level 1, the upgrade cost to become a guild level 2 is 50 000 GCP.

Guild WH @ level 1

The post mentions guild warehouse is unavailable, which means a guild level CANNOT purchase the warehouse.

The initial limits are already defined, perhaps there will be a lucky guild that gets a guild warehouse granted for free at level 1 ! (who knows ;))

What I didn't actually mention is that guild levels inherit from their previous one unless differently described.

A function that was buy-able at level 2, can still be purchased for equal price at level 3 (unless it was explecitly changed and mentioned in the post - e.g. Guild member slots, WH pages, WH Slots).

Guilds level 1 are equal to the current guild system. I've mentioned it before, and this also means that currently there is NO guild warehouse AT ALL, so you won't get one at level 1 either (unless it was granted by a GM/admin as reward for some event) and cannot purchase a guild warehouse at level 1. You must be atleast guild level 2 to purchase the warehouse.

On Guild Creation:

Which mean, Guild Master can create a guild now, without any CP (at least for now), and able to have 10members in his guild.

However, to expand the guild size, we will need to give 50K CP, to become LVL2, with 25members as limit.

Am I right?

On Guild Creation:

Which mean, Guild Master can create a guild now, without any CP (at least for now), and able to have 10members in his guild.

However, to expand the guild size, we will need to give 50K CP, to become LVL2, with 25members as limit.

Am I right?

correct.

i have a suggestion that could also be good to increase the server population (a bit).

the suggestion is to send an e-mail to all the existing accounts, so every player knows about the update.

maybe some old players are interested in playing again as the update is really nice.

what do u think?