Sign in to follow this  
Nindax

Pvp And Pvm Mode

If you hit some1 from enemy town, you automaticly get into PvP mode. After X amount of time of not hitting the enemy, you get out of PvP mode and enter back into PvM mode. PvM mode is standard.

In PvP mode you cannot use certain spells, like recall, invis?

Maybe increase a bit of the DMG? so that PvP is faster without having influence on PvM

Change the way HP/DR/PA ETC is calculated in PvP mode? I know that Nemesis staff already change the HP calculation for faster PvP, but this also had influence on PvM.

These are just some ideas!!

In PvM mode it remains as it is atm.

The idea is that once you fight back, its a bit harder to just flee, because you sort of "accept" to fight. If you decide to not fight back you can easier get away.

Just want to know what the staff thinks ;)

It could work, but pvp mode should be activated when BOTH players hit each other because if some random guy hits me and i DON'T wanna do a pvp against him I'll have to wait the X amount of time to get into PvM mode again, without even wanting to pvp the other dude..

It could work, but pvp mode should be activated when BOTH players hit each other because if some random guy hits me and i DON'T wanna do a pvp against him I'll have to wait the X amount of time to get into PvM mode again, without even wanting to pvp the other dude..

I think that is what he means. I'll try to explain:

I'm on my mage, wutafreek, and I go to ML Ogre pit to find someone to kill.

I find a random 180 Warrior training there, so I Blizz him.

I am now in PVP mode but he is NOT, because he hasn't attacked me yet.

He can recall, because he has not hit me yet.

If he attacks me after I Blizz him, he is now in PVP mode, and cannot recall until X amount of time passes, just like me.

No, what if the guy is smart?

A smart person wouldnt just run and take direct blizzes, he would run to the mage casting, stay close to bliz makes less damage, cut his cast, and than recall, less risks

No inv? thats ridiculous, this means you get iced and ur a mage, ur odds to die are 90%, unless u have awsome dr set or awsome ping (so u dont get bumped) + luck, or the people who activated are terrible, this would be regardless u got ppl helping u or not.

Also, this game isnt 1x1, having that in mind, in medium-big fights 1 para and 2-4 wars and u can get mages dead, mages are the weaker, u kill them and get wars unamped, spam bliz and when he changes to ma/mr/hp set u get wars criting him and he dies, but if you want to atack a person 1x1, all those sets will be much more effective because u cant atack them where they are weaker, ex atack dk set with spells and other sets with weapons.

Other problems: abusing

if it had more dmg on pvp mode, people could let an enemy afk around and hit the afk guy every now and than, i mean the persons inflicting damage, like ppl hitting on X or bowing.

This would mean he would have more damage in pvm

If he attacks me after I Blizz him, he is now in PVP mode, and cannot recall until X amount of time passes, just like me.

Basically what I meant was:

I see a random guy wherever and I hit him

He doesnt wanna fight

He can't get the F*** outta there cuz I hit him.

So what I suggested was that once BOTH guys hit each other (that means, OBVIOUSLY, they both wanna fight) pvp mode turns on

No, what if the guy is smart?

A smart person wouldnt just run and take direct blizzes, he would run to the mage casting, stay close to bliz makes less damage, cut his cast, and than recall, less risks

No inv? thats ridiculous, this means you get iced and ur a mage, ur odds to die are 90%, unless u have awsome dr set or awsome ping (so u dont get bumped) + luck, or the people who activated are terrible, this would be regardless u got ppl helping u or not.

Also, this game isnt 1x1, having that in mind, in medium-big fights 1 para and 2-4 wars and u can get mages dead, mages are the weaker, u kill them and get wars unamped, spam bliz and when he changes to ma/mr/hp set u get wars criting him and he dies, but if you want to atack a person 1x1, all those sets will be much more effective because u cant atack them where they are weaker, ex atack dk set with spells and other sets with weapons.

Other problems: abusing

if it had more dmg on pvp mode, people could let an enemy afk around and hit the afk guy every now and than, i mean the persons inflicting damage, like ppl hitting on X or bowing.

This would mean he would have more damage in pvm

Yea i thought about the abuse but maybe when you hit a monster you automaticly go into pvm mode. but when fighting you just sometimes hit a mob is also abusing it. Dont have a solution tot that.

The ideas are just for example offcourse.

I think this is a really really bad idea. Ppl allrdy whine abuot recall. What wouldn't they do if they can't even try and gank ppl training?

Nothing changes about that. It is still possible.

Just that if you are in PvP mode you do (for example) more dmg on some1 also in PvP mode, and you cannot use (for example) recall

He doesnt wanna fight

So what I suggested was that once BOTH guys hit each other (that means, OBVIOUSLY, they both wanna fight) pvp mode turns on

omg it isn't like that

look, u are training and u don't want to fight...I attack u...I AM in pvp mode but U ARE NOT...because u didn't hit me.

but if u are training and i hit u...and then u start attacking me...both are in pvp mode.

He doesnt wanna fight

omg it isn't like that

look, u are training and u don't want to fight...I attack u...I AM in pvp mode but U ARE NOT...because u didn't hit me.

but if u are training and i hit u...and then u start attacking me...both are in pvp mode.

Aha so its not necessary an involvement of both players?, that's kind of fruity..., let's say, a paradox (player versus player) that word implicates an arrangement between 2 ppl....not one guy chasing the one who is lvling up :P

Ok, lemme try again. :P

wutafreek casts blizzard on Player A, who is in PVM mode.

wutafreek is now in PVM mode, Player A is NOT.

wutafreek does NORMAL damage to Player A, because player A is still in PVM mode.

>>>

Player A begins to attack wutafreek after wutafreek attacks Player A.

wutafreek and Player A NOW are BOTH in PVP mode, and NOW they do higher damage to each other.

how much would the dmg bonus be?

like arena? 30% or so?

its like giving all mages a free zwand and then some...

Its a good idea but the wrong game to put it in, it works good in wow but here i will make ppl to strong and warrs will be useless. 1 pfa and warrs are dead no matter what set. now they still have a chance. +30% for warrs is not THAT much when dk+tower+mshield on. but +30% for a mage....

thats my 2 cents.

+1 on magicjokers post.

how much would the dmg bonus be?

like arena? 30% or so?

its like giving all mages a free zwand and then some...

Its a good idea but the wrong game to put it in, it works good in wow but here i will make ppl to strong and warrs will be useless. 1 pfa and warrs are dead no matter what set. now they still have a chance. +30% for warrs is not THAT much when dk+tower+mshield on. but +30% for a mage....

thats my 2 cents.

+1 on magicjokers post.

Well, doesnt have to be 30%

Maybe just 5%, I dont know.

Maybe disable mshield wand in pvp, and let it only be usable for escape (when your in pvm mode) or for hunting (pvm mode)

I'm just giving ideas, and I would like to hear what the staff and the players think. These ideas just came by suddenly while playing HB and so I post them. It is not something I really WANT in the game, it would be nice tho, but to just give an idea of maybe something even better that the staff can use in development.

Dude, disabling mshield in pvp means killing battle mage class, and making mages instat die when getting paralized, ur idea doesnt work, inv is a great part of game, to inv sum1 it requires same aim as paralize.

What you really want, is something with the recall, i like the idea of 5 seconds to recall, but farjat doesnt, and hes the owner of server, and thats something i believe he is not going to change