Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Ati Radeon

thanks for helping us. i also have win 7 + ati -> 60 fps.

you know, its kinda weird because with my configuration (w/ tripple buffering in a non ati video card) when i don't use hb windower i also get 60 fps.

but its strange, why everybody gets just 60? and not 40 or 75, or whatever.

i bought a Legal windows Seven a few days ago. Im installing it on my secondary PC and its giving me trouble.

I bet if i use my pirate copy of it will not fail !

thanks for helping us. i also have win 7 + ati -> 60 fps.

you know, its kinda weird because with my configuration (w/ tripple buffering in a non ati video card) when i don't use hb windower i also get 60 fps.

but its strange, why everybody gets just 60? and not 40 or 75, or whatever.

Vertical sync makes things stay at 60 fps because that is the refresh rate of most monitors. This makes it so the graphics don't have graphical anomalies known as "tearing." I don't think there's any possibility of tearing in helbreath, unless when you lag and you can make like 9000 cursors on your screen, which resembles what tearing is.

It's most evident in games with a noclip cheat, if you go through the map without vsync on, you'll get repeated images of whatever you passed through instead of a clean screen like you would get with vsync on. Half-Life is a good example.

Yeh.

Also 60fps is what HB should be like

If you look at the teleport sprites in shop, they move normal with 60fps ;) with more fps, they are turning round like crazy.

I have 2 pc's with windows XP:

1st-

Integrated graphics Intel 945 or something like that (not at home atm)

Dual core 2,4 Ghz

2gb Ram

Hardware Acceleration: Disabled

FPS: 300-350.

2nd-

Nvidia geforce 6400 (PCI, not PCI Express)

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz

1.5 GB ram.

All settings of Nvidia panel are changed to Performance or disable instead of Quality.

FPS: 160 -180

as a Conclution:

Use windows XP and integrated graphics on Mother Board, or disable all VCard features.

************TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK************

Messing with Windows System files can make Disasters

It worked for me with no trouble and no Graphic card Disabling. But i dont know the impact on other games/apps.

My seven rebooted without any problem and i still having High FPS and NO Angel Bug!!

Tested on Windows Seven x64 Spanish with ATI x850

(This guide in incomplete yet. Doing a Second Test on MaynarDs first just to be sure.)

I need more testers, if someone offer send me your msn by pm (only with windows Seven + Ati please.

so the problem is client-side? nothing to do with the configuration of the card itself?

I think this way will always no bug no matter your config.

basicly it just already worked on 2 diff windows Seven AND XP machines without messing acelerations. All ON. But i do not have a Vista to test it.

so the problem is client-side? nothing to do with the configuration of the card itself?

basicly it just already worked on 2 diff windows Seven AND XP machines without messing acelerations. All ON. But i do not have a Vista to test it.

is this for the bug altogether or just for ati?

is this for the bug altogether or just for ati?

for the whole bug

im not entirely sure but i discussed this last night with moha

i noticed how you cant just put vync on "off, unless application specifies" because hb always tries to find and use vsync.

Have to set to Force off always, and doesnt always work on newer windows.

Older windows lets graphics card have priority to force off, but newer windows i think has priority settings over graphics, and it always sides with application.

Edited by Juno_NH

im not entirely sure but i discussed this last night with moha

i noticed how you cant just put vync on "off, unless application specifies" because hb always tries to find and use vsync.

Have to set to Force off always, and doesnt always work on newer windows.

Older windows lets graphics card have priority to force off, but newer windows i think has priority settings over graphics, and it always sides with application.

I just forced HB to NEVER use VSync and worked.

and i still cant believe i only changed 6 characters on the src code to fix lol.

I wonder why Original Helbreath developers setted it that way, maybe it was needed in older computers? as Hb is an old game? or just they didnt want the game to be fast at all?, any colateral consequences on disabling it from the client? many questions, im up for testing the "new client" down in XP integrated graphics and Nvidia. btw, if this works, you are the first one that did it, havent ever seen/heard about something similar.

Edited by cilin

I just forced HB to NEVER use VSync and worked.

and i still cant believe i only changed 6 characters on the src code to fix lol.

EXCELLENT!!!

i've had purchased windows 7 key for almost 6 months and didn't use so i could play hb xD

I wonder why Original Helbreath developers setted it that way, maybe it was needed in older computers? as Hb is an old game? or just they didnt want the game to be fast at all?, any colateral consequences on disabling it from the client? many questions, im up for testing the "new client" down in XP integrated graphics and Nvidia. btw, if this works, you are the first one that did it, havent ever seen/heard about something similar.

probably vsync didn't existed when they created hb in the first place xD

It worked for me with no trouble and no Graphic card Disabling. But i dont know the impact on other games/apps.

My seven rebooted without any problem and i still having High FPS and NO Angel Bug!!

(This guide in incomplete yet. Doing a Second Test on MaynarDs first just to be sure.)

I need more testers, if someone offer send me your msn by pm (only with windows Seven + Ati please.

OMFG!!!!

I think i just Figured THE REAL client fix for this!!!!!

FOR GET HIGH FPS FOR WINDOWS 7 OR VISTA

JUST DISABLE YOUR ALL DISPLAY ADAPTOR(etc. ati,nvidia & intel ) ON DECIVE MANAGER,

AFTHER DISABLE DISPLAY ADAPTOR, YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. AND RELOG HELGAME.EXE

THE SCREEN RESOLUTION STILL CAN CHANGE AFTER YOU DISABLE DISPLAY ADAPTOR

GOOD LUCK

OMFG!!!!

I think i just Figured THE REAL client fix for this!!!!!

FOR GET HIGH FPS FOR WINDOWS 7 OR VISTA

JUST DISABLE YOUR ALL DISPLAY ADAPTOR(etc. ati,nvidia & intel ) ON DECIVE MANAGER,

AFTHER DISABLE DISPLAY ADAPTOR, YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. AND RELOG HELGAME.EXE

THE SCREEN RESOLUTION STILL CAN CHANGE AFTER YOU DISABLE DISPLAY ADAPTOR

GOOD LUCK

Yea, and my laptop almost melts when I play like that, even with 2 PC cooling fans underneath it.

So that isnt a good solution unless you want to burn down your graphic card, and if unlucky, your entire system ;)

@Farjat

Ah so you figured it out without editting DXDIAG? When I talk with you on MSN I will test if you still need.

Edited by Nindax