Sign in to follow this  
FedeD

Drop Jumping?

It has happened to us all that we lvled up with the town's "non-reliable" guy, or we got (would have got) a good statted/rare item and someone jumped on it! Which is definitely embarrasing :P

Well my suggestion is the following, and might be a solution to the problem.

It would be cool if the staff could code, let's say a "system" with the following characteristics:

- The player who dealt more dmg to whatever NPC/MOB/monster has 60 seconds in which he is THE ONLY ONE who can pick the drop, after that period of time anybody can pick it. (this would work for all drops(primary, statted, secondary))

- If the player is partying another guy, this system would be disabled (you're supposed to be trusting the guy you're partying), so it wouldn't be a mess in numerous/big hunts.

Well i dont know what u guys think, this is just a sort of an "essay" so it could have some changes, just comment and debate! :D

Edited by FedeD

What if the other person stood on it with amp+m.shield for 60 secs? Or Merien Plate? Or Merien Shield?

Or just pfm+constant invis?

Just saying, some people might do that..

What if the other person stood on it with amp+m.shield for 60 secs? Or Merien Plate? Or Merien Shield?

if that happens...you are really unlucky :P...or maybye change the time, in stead of 1 minute, lets say 2 minutes :P

Edited by martingroso

It would be harder for him with this stuff than without it....let's face it it would be better -.-, or if its more than 60 secs (what activation lasts) it would be 100 times harder to jump on drops....

It has happened to us all that we lvled up with the town's "non-reliable" guy, or we got (would have got) a good statted/rare item and someone jumped on it! Which is definitely embarrasing :P

It would be cool if the staff could code, let's say a "system" with the following characteristics:

- The player who dealt more dmg to whatever NPC/MOB/monster has 60 seconds in which he is THE ONLY ONE who can pick the drop, after that period of time anybody can pick it. (this would work for all drops(primary, statted, secondary))

- If the player is partying another guy, this system would be disabled (you're supposed to be trusting the guy you're partying), so it wouldn't be a mess in numerous/big hunts.

Well i dont know what u guys think, this is just a sort of an "essay" so it could have some changes, just comment and debate! :D

well, what if one person blocks the way of an escaping enemy and takes many hits holding his bag, so the otherones can kill him.. or a mage that insetad of blizzing is zerking/amping/paraing. those can be just random people that are wondering around that might deserve in the same way, or more, the drop.

and also, i certainly don't use party in the enemy town, you cant take the paras off! so i don't think this system will work

well, what if one person blocks the way of an escaping enemy and takes many hits holding his bag, so the otherones can kill him.. or a mage that insetad of blizzing is zerking/amping/paraing. those can be just random people that are wondering around that might deserve in the same way, or more, the drop.

and also, i certainly don't use party in the enemy town, you cant take the paras off! so i don't think this system will work

Aha coz u go to the other town to get drops... (I SAID it works only for monsters), and I didnt get the 1st part, make it clear man.

atleast you'd have a shot at getting it...

no sorry i dont like it....

im a HB purist and i dont like it...game was designed this way for a reason.

think of ALL of the consequences of this idea, first

wyvern hunts

guild hunts

abby hunts

Im one of Hunter's, hb was designed in a way and we should not change it's essence, and at the moment is pretty likely to share pits with lot of ppl, if you are at ww, you are alone, or party, or if there is some1 else is by his own side, no1 stands by ur side waiting ur mobs to drop :D, that was before, when you had to share small pits with lot of ppl...

Im one of Hunter's, hb was designed in a way and we should not change it's essence, and at the moment is pretty likely to share pits with lot of ppl, if you are at ww, you are alone, or party, or if there is some1 else is by his own side, no1 stands by ur side waiting ur mobs to drop :D, that was before, when you had to share small pits with lot of ppl...

Ok I really hope that when u get a rare or a good item someone jumps on it, wanna hear the esence stuff if that happens ;)

Close it pls...

dun feel like reading all posts jus giving my opinion:

get better fps or learn to jump drops, this way sucks, as for example in abby hunt stealing drops is funny :D

and this is MMORPG, cant expect to have everything served, just keep an eye on ur drops