Sign in to follow this  
FullHouse

Question About Shields

Lagi shield ONLY if having 100% Shield Skill.

Unless you have entire DR set, use the tower DR, it'll turn out better then the Lagi, your DR set should be around 300% already to make the big difference.

I have good dr set...

DR 84 Horns

DR 77 Plate

DR 21 Cape

DR63 Tower

Magic Diamond 97%

But in demon hunt is better for me...

DR 84 Horns

PA 21 Plate

PA 36 Lagi

DR 21 Cape

Magic Saphire 98%

I have good dr set...

DR 84 Horns

DR 77 Plate

DR 21 Cape

DR63 Tower

Magic Diamond 97%

DR 84 Horns

PA 21 Plate

PA 36 Lagi

DR 21 Cape

Magic Saphire 98%

Isnt magindiamond hitting prob? -_-

I have good dr set...

DR 84 Horns

DR 77 Plate

DR 21 Cape

DR63 Tower

Magic Diamond 97%

DR 84 Horns

PA 21 Plate

PA 36 Lagi

DR 21 Cape

Magic Saphire 98%

Isnt magindiamond hitting prob? -_-

yes

I have good dr set...

DR 84 Horns

DR 77 Plate

DR 21 Cape

DR63 Tower

Magic Diamond 97%

DR 84 Horns

PA 21 Plate

PA 36 Lagi

DR 21 Cape

Magic Saphire 98%

Interested in a DR hose & berk? I got both, DR 21.

We had great DRset (300%+) on KochaKoi+merien neck and it still didnt work during demon hunt.

The reason why: No matter what, you cannot really dodge many demon hits in row, they got too high hitting prob.

And as they hit you, its better to take low dmg = DKSET/PAset.

We had great DRset (300%+) on KochaKoi+merien neck and it still didnt work during demon hunt.

The reason why: No matter what, you cannot really dodge many demon hits in row, they got too high hitting prob.

And as they hit you, its better to take low dmg = DKSET/PAset.

Indeed, you're correct on thisone right here.

a High DR is good for pvp & lower level mobs (rh/sw/graden training), but for higher mobs, such as demons or GG's, PA is WAY better then DR.

Though PA is one of the HARDEST sets to build, as EVERY piece needs to be high enough for your set to be effective.

Excalibur + shield would be THE BOMB for demon hunting :D

Good & fast damage while having high defense from the shield is awesome to play with.

That's why I <3 excalibur soooooooo much :D

so lets say if im a mage.. i have a 180+% dr set with merien neck.. should i use a dr77 targe or a ns tower shield for raids.. as in pvp and not pvm..

so lets say if im a mage.. i have a 180+% dr set with merien neck.. should i use a dr77 targe or a ns tower shield for raids.. as in pvp and not pvm..

A Casual tower will offer you more DR then your targe shield will.

Basicly DR shields only worth if Iron, Lagi or Tower. (<< my personal opinion)

so assuming dr = higher chance of the hits missing and pa = reduce the dmg of the hits...

i would like to know if is there a specific % in order for a dr set to be considered better then a dkset? im a mage though.. so would like to know if what % of dr i should get if im interested in forming a dr set better than dk.

a High DR is good for pvp & lower level mobs (rh/sw/graden training), but for higher mobs, such as demons or GG's, PA is WAY better then DR.

Though PA is one of the HARDEST sets to build, as EVERY piece needs to be high enough for your set to be effective.

Good & fast damage while having high defense from the shield is awesome to play with.

How can you have a PA set? I thought PA did not stack like MA, so you can only have one piece of PA?

Thanks

How can you have a PA set? I thought PA did not stack like MA, so you can only have one piece of PA?

Thanks

I have better performance in demon hunt when i use.

PA21% Plate + PA36% Lagi + DR84% Horns + Saphire 98% DR21% Cape.

I dont know if PA items stacks but for me works perfectly, i dont use even a pot when i kill a demon (non zerked)

PA doesn't stack like MA does.

So, if you get a FULL PA 15% set (helm, berk, plate AND hose) you cover 100% of your body.

Which means, you have 100% of absorbing 15% of the damage.

Add a shield such as a lagi pa 36 to it, and you absorb 51% of the damage you take (if having 100% shield skill !!)

That's why PA on a single piece is bad, but in a set, with all peaces equally, or aprox equally, you'll always absorb.

Finding all 4 set pieces at PA15% is already VERY VERY VERY hard to do, so a PA set is very hard to build, and therefor people rather not use it.

Though, if I'd get my hands on like a PA 36% set, i'd use it rather then my DK set xD

so assuming dr = higher chance of the hits missing and pa = reduce the dmg of the hits...

i would like to know if is there a specific % in order for a dr set to be considered better then a dkset? im a mage though.. so would like to know if what % of dr i should get if im interested in forming a dr set better than dk.

sorry White.. can i get a reply on this pls

sorry White.. can i get a reply on this pls

To top DK set's DR, and ONLY it's DR (NOT THE PA !!) you'd require a DR 43% only.

note that topping the DR, doesn't make up for the strip, endurance or pa you're missing out from the DK set in first place.

You'll get hit less times, but the damage you get WILL be high.

You'll strip faster due to less endruance, AB breaks your set easly.