Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

For The Older Players - How You Can Help Us!

As most of you probably know, Helbreath just isn't a new game anymore. For this reason and several others, we're slowly losing players, and we're doing our best to bring more players to the game.

For this reason, I want to ask a favor of the older players - be nice to the Newbies that come here. If you see another Goldy running around asking a bunch of "stupid" or "dumb" questions - be nice and answer them. You probably remember how it was when YOU first started HB, knowing absolutely nothing but just wanting to play.

If you have time, just explain to them the different stats, and what builds are good for a newbie playing as a mage or warrior. If you don't have time, find someone in your guild who can help them, especially if they don't speak your 1st language.

And for you guys working on Hero Sets...If you see a bunch of Goldies running around the enemy town, please don't kill them 50 times. Unless they actually fight you, be nice and just let them run by every once in a while. Getting killed 10 times in 1 hour is horrible, and makes them not want to play!

So in all, please, just be nice. We all want more players, and being mean to them and/or killing the Newbies 50 times a day won't help us get more players!

(If someone could translate this, that would be GREAT!)

KOREAN:

여러분이 알다시피 헬브레스는 더이상 새로운 게임이 아닙니다. 이런 이유와 다른 동기들로 인해 우리는 플레이어들을 잃고있고, 더 많은 플레이어들을 이 게임으로 데려오기 위해 우리는 최선을 다하고 있습니다.

그래서 저희는 기존 유져들에게 부탁하고싶습니다. - 여기에 온 새로윤 유져들에게 잘 대해주세요. 만약 당신이 바보같은 질문들을 하는 노랭이들을 주위에서 보더라도 잘 대답해주세요. 당신들도 헬브레스를 첨 시작했을때를 기억할것입니다. 여러분도 아무것도 모른채로 플레이 하고싶었던것을..

만약 당신이 시간이 있다면 새로운 유져들에게 전사나 마법사로서 어떤 스탯이 좋은지 설명해주세요. 그럴 시간이 없다면 당신의 길드원들중 도와줄 수 있는 사람을 찾아주세요. 특히 새로운 유져들이 당신의 언어를 못한다 하더라도...

[그리고 영웅셋을 위한 작업을 하고 있는 여러분에게... 만약 여러분들이 적 마을에서 노랭이들을 발견했을때, 그들이 당신에게 덤빈다 하더라도 50번씩이나 죽이지 말아주세요. 잘 대해주고 매번 그냥 도망가게 내버려두세요. 1시간안에 10번씩이나 죽는건 끔찍합니다. 그건 그들을 더이상 플레이 하고싶지 않게 하는 일이에요.

그러니까 잘 대해주세요. 우리 모두는 더 많은 플레이어들을 원합니다 그러므로 새로운 유져들에게 무례하게 굴거나 하루에 50번씩이나 죽이는 것은 더 많은 프렐이어들을 얻는것에 전혀 도움이 되지 않습니다.

Thank you for reading

Translation by -REX-

one of hwarang guildman...

Como a maioria de voc?s j? sabem, Helbreath n?o ? mais um jogo novo. Por esse motivo e v?rios outros, nos estamos vagarozamente perdendo jogadores, e n?s estamos fazendo nosso melhor para trazer mais jogadores para o jogo.

Por essa raz?o, eu quero pedir um favor dos jogadores mais velhos - sejam legais para os Newbies(novos jogadores) que entram aqui. Se voc? ver um outro "Goldye" correndo a sua volta perguntando um monte de quest?es "estupidas" ou "burras" - seja bondozo e responda-o. Voc? provavelmente se lembra como isto era quando VOC? come?ou no HB, sabendo absolutamente nada mas apenas querendo jogar.

Se voce tiver tempo, apenas explique para eles os diferentes status, e qual builds s?o melhores para um jogador iniciante tanto quanto mage ou war. Se voc? n?o tiver tempo, procure alguem na sua Guild que possa o ajuda-lo, especificamente se ele n?o falar sua 1? l?ngua.

E para voc?s que est?o trabalhando nos Hero Sets... se voc? ver um grupo de novos jogadores correndo dentro da cidade inimiga, por favor n?o os matem 50 vezes. Ao menos que ele lute com voc?, seja bondoso e apenas deixe eles correrem de vez em quando. Morrer 10 vezes em 1 hora ? horr?vel, e faz com que eles n?o queiram mais jogar!

Por fim, por favor, apenas sejam bondosos. N?s todos queremos mais jogadores, e ser mau com eles, matando os novos jogadores 50 vezes por dia n?o vai nos ajudar a ter mais jogadores.

Translation by Ricardo

maybe we could get the mule system thing running again. goldies certainly need gears to start off with. ive given a couple of goldies some basic gear to start but only to realize i dont see them anywhere 1 week later. :(

I will never understand those who hates the new players that die a lot of times against the enemy city but do nothing to help them to learn to play.

Beside if you help them, you help your city and make the enemy hero set goal longer.

I will never understand those who hates the new players that die a lot of times against the enemy city but do nothing to help them to learn to play.

Beside if you help them, you help your city and make the enemy hero set goal longer.

I think also something should be changed..

originally , max lvl was 120

to make an ek u needed to kill lvl 80+ guys

now max lvl is 180 , and you also need to kill a lvl 80 for an ek

mayb it should be changed to lvl 140 or atleast 120

this could also help low lvls now that we have more raid days

We are discussing some changes, it could be. We had that at Nemesis 1. It just doesnt have to affect PL.

Anyways, you know that if someone see a goldie who doesnt give ek they will still kill them for fun or to see what do they drop.

Players should be forced to be civilian and the max lvl for it should be increased a little bit. Recall at Farm always for civilians and 100% exp from farm to lvl 120 or 140 (in case they dont know about Barracks)

If we force them to be civilians until 141 that would help them survive longer, but kill any PL action. Would we want that?

It would stop the server splitting into 180 and 140 raiders, and we can always change it.

also...I can log the town mules and give them some basic items

The Donation program was closed for couple reasons

1- i couldnt find enough people to help that i trusted

2- new players were expecting us to give them statted armors and a nice BH...they were unrealistic about

the types of items players would donate.

3- I didnt have the time...and still dont

But...if some trustworthy people want to volunteer from each town to collect items and distribute them..we can try again.

What works best is this...when we, the GM staff...see a new player and approach them about giving them some items.

when an announcement is made in global "who needs new items" ....people make civis, travs and come beg for items.

AND VOTE VOTE VOTE

just because we choose NOT to spam you in game begging for your votes, does not mean we dont need them

PLEASE vote for us on the Helbreath top sites...

like HB top 20, etc etc!!!!

this really does make a difference...and brings new players to our server.

I am convince that once a player comes to Nemesis, they stay. We offer old school HB with fast exp.

Rares are rare and we have the best GM staff/admin team of any HB server, bar none andddd....

the world's BEST hb community also.

one of the reason we lose player is because we find that server has been so lag recently especially for asian player... i dunno if this is the server problem or our local line problem... i believe that the population will increase again once the lag issues is fix

Edited by ViaNz

Another very important thing is guilds!!

We all know this game sucks hardcore if you just play alone all day long. Being in a guild is just great, it makes the game and server feel alive, you get more teamplay, hunts, raids, learn from older players and have their support as a guildie etc etc.

So, guilds please don't just laugh in the face of the clueless goldie with poor english asking for guild. I think elitist "pro" guilds cannot exist with these amounts of players HB has nowadays.

Another problem is the gear gap between a fresh 180lvl character and old character. I know a lot of long time HB players who won't play nemesis due to it being so hard to get gear in order to be competitive in pvp. This is a tricky situation since low drop rates are a good thing absolutely and those older characters kinda deserve the edge they have over new players. I think the best cure for this aswell is joining an active guild :)

And last thing. I think the trading of characters and items for real money has gotten out of hand. It seems that every above average item is being traded with USD only. Now how does this make things equal? Economical wealth of the player playing a character shouldn't affect how good the character is! It's ridiculous that you can buy all the best rares for one character and then be immortal. If you had to get rares by trading and using in game economy it'd a completely different ball game.

I understand the donations system since it's there to keep this server up & running and only provides some "nice to have" stuff that doesn't affect gameplay that much.

/rant over :D

actually, we do not sell any items at the current time through donation

we only provide things like armor change m to w, town changes, email changes...no items at ALL

just stones and dye that do not effect game play at all

Your comment about the guilds is dead on the money.

There are a few elitist guilds still in game and I ask them all to please....adopt a noob this summer.

Take on a raw goldie, new player, with no items, no skills, and make them your project.

Turn them into an EK machine by Sept...i wish we could have a contest with this lol...like Reality TV show

ADOPT A NOOB! and make them a PR0 player in 3 months.

but please..all guilds...take the time to recruit a player who is alone, and just starting out. I know wutafreek's

guild recently did this and I applaud them for it.

Take time to answer someone's questions, show them what to do in sades and Heldenians.

Maybe spread your wealth around and share some of the stuff you have stashed in the WH.

That would be great.

The gear gap...no getting around that. People that have devoted a lot of time and effort to the game

deserve to have better gear. Now, that being said.... Each week's item event, has nothing to do with

skills, normally, but is mostly LUCK! so each week you have a GOOD chance at scoring something decent,

no matter which level you are. This week's item event particularly, an exp 20 sharp GiS..perfect for

someone needing to make a lot of levels.

It's easy to say things like you care about keeping new players, but you are not thinking about them with new updates. Pushing Barracks max level to 140 but keeping PL lvl at 140 completely kills any low level EKing for new players. Now they are just forced to be easy pickings from 140-180.

The other issue as you pointed out is items. The mule thing is a great idea to get people started, however ultimately people need a way to acquire their own items. Of course, rares like GBH, Xelima items ect ect need to stay rare. However, there should be a way to EARN more basic rares like armors in the 21-28% range, low-statted weapons ect. This would still give older players an advantage, but at the very least gives newer players a guaranteed goal to work for, and even the playing field when it comes to pvp and pvm.

80 lvl ek is too low.. 140lvl war/mage/bmage.. whatever.. has just came out from barracks so its also too low lvl for ek. So change ek limit to 160 and make new armor set for 160-180 to recognize who is ek and also then its not so damn boring to exp from 140 to 180 cos u get a new armor set in half way...and as 160lvl u have already done 20lvl after barracks killing monsters in different maps.. got mass more stats.. learn some basic things of this game.. u may can run away from enemy and survive because u have some skills and not become frustrated dying all the time.

about stats.. there should be some examples of different builds for mage and warrior in websites, like bbh build and dk war build for warrior and 40 str 50dex build for mage.. ALWAYS when i ask stats from some new player.. their stats r fked up :D rly.. sometimes (if they r like 142 lvl) i tell em to delete their char and to make a new one. IT makes playing much more interesting and easier if they have set stats in right places..

sry about that mess.. i got headache reading my idea :DD hope u understand anything i tried to tell =))

Edited by Kokkeli

If we force them to be civilians until 141 that would help them survive longer, but kill any PL action. Would we want that?

It would stop the server splitting into 180 and 140 raiders, and we can always change it.

If i'm correct, going to PL as a civil will automatically change you to Combatant :)

Idk. Used to be like that.

Dont said that cuz i always be there for u nubi. :D

We always help ppl to improve his gameplay. But sometimes its imposible. Dangerous was playing with us .........

Anyways we are going to try to help some elguas... sry Noobs.

' date='May 27 2010, 06:21 PM' post='320788']

actually, we do not sell any items at the current time through donation

we only provide things like armor change m to w, town changes, email changes...no items at ALL

just stones and dye that do not effect game play at all

That's exactly what I meant to say :)

Events are great I agree, keep doing them!

Also PL needs to come back. 140lvl barracks and 140lvl pl limit wtf? :)

Another thing is, there are not too many people playing that are completely new to the game. This kind of players are very rare imo. Big emphasis should be put on getting those veterans back who have moved to other servers and games. HB top50 is great like Hunter said, and Nemesis has the 1st spot and let's keep it that way.

I really don't know how to get those veterans back since I think Nemesis is doing everything the right way, old school HB with fast exp. I'm not a big fan of things like Hellfire or other custom stuff since, well, it's not oldschool HB anymore. Ideas on getting old players back?

Oh, and Hunter said in game that he is ok with real money replacing in-game currency atm when trading the best items. Other GMs/staff feel this way aswell?

Maybe making some pit spawns in EF and RH would help out alot. I get asked alot where they should lvl at 141. Well honestly ML is probably best exp but then opens them up to brutal pvp.

English to korean XD

As most of you probably know, Helbreath just isn't a new game anymore. For this reason and several others, we're slowly losing players, and we're doing our best to bring more players to the game.

[여러분이 알다시피 헬브레스는 더이상 새로운 게임이 아닙니다. 이런 이유와 다른 동기들로 인해 우리는 플레이어들을 잃고있고, 더 많은 플레이어들을 이 게임으로 데려오기 위해 우리는 최선을 다하고 있습니다.]

For this reason, I want to ask a favor of the older players - be nice to the Newbies that come here. If you see another Goldy running around asking a bunch of "stupid" or "dumb" questions - be nice and answer them. You probably remember how it was when YOU first started HB, knowing absolutely nothing but just wanting to play.

[그래서 저희는 기존 유져들에게 부탁하고싶습니다. - 여기에 온 새로윤 유져들에게 잘 대해주세요. 만약 당신이 바보같은 질문들을 하는 노랭이들을 주위에서 보더라도 잘 대답해주세요. 당신들도 헬브레스를 첨 시작했을때를 기억할것입니다. 여러분도 아무것도 모른채로 플레이 하고싶었던것을..]

If you have time, just explain to them the different stats, and what builds are good for a newbie playing as a mage or warrior. If you don't have time, find someone in your guild who can help them, especially if they don't speak your 1st language.

[만약 당신이 시간이 있다면 새로운 유져들에게 전사나 마법사로서 어떤 스탯이 좋은지 설명해주세요. 그럴 시간이 없다면 당신의 길드원들중 도와줄 수 있는 사람을 찾아주세요. 특히 새로운 유져들이 당신의 언어를 못한다 하더라도...]

And for you guys working on Hero Sets...If you see a bunch of Goldies running around the enemy town, please don't kill them 50 times. Unless they actually fight you, be nice and just let them run by every once in a while. Getting killed 10 times in 1 hour is horrible, and makes them not want to play!

[그리고 영웅셋을 위한 작업을 하고 있는 여러분에게... 만약 여러분들이 적 마을에서 노랭이들을 발견했을때, 그들이 당신에게 덤빈다 하더라도 50번씩이나 죽이지 말아주세요. 잘 대해주고 매번 그냥 도망가게 내버려두세요. 1시간안에 10번씩이나 죽는건 끔찍합니다. 그건 그들을 더이상 플레이 하고싶지 않게 하는 일이에요.]

So in all, please, just be nice. We all want more players, and being mean to them and/or killing the Newbies 50 times a day won't help us get more players!

[그러니까 잘 대해주세요. 우리 모두는 더 많은 플레이어들을 원합니다 그러므로 새로운 유져들에게 무례하게 굴거나 하루에 50번씩이나 죽이는 것은 더 많은 프렐이어들을 얻는것에 전혀 도움이 되지 않습니다.]

Thank you for reading

-REX-

one of hwarang guildman...

(If someone could translate this, that would be GREAT!)

Edited by REX

Thanks, Rex!

Korean translation added to first post.

No worries mate~!

The only thing I want to tell you is I want to play this game until I die~! XD

Como a maioria de voc?s j? sabem, Helbreath n?o ? mais um jogo novo. Por esse motivo e v?rios outros, nos estamos vagarozamente perdendo jogadores, e n?s estamos fazendo nosso melhor para trazer mais jogadores para o jogo.

Por essa raz?o, eu quero pedir um favor dos jogadores mais velhos - sejam legais para os Newbies(novos jogadores) que entram aqui. Se voc? ver um outro "Goldye" correndo a sua volta perguntando um monte de quest?es "estupidas" ou "burras" - seja bondozo e responda-o. Voc? provavelmente se lembra como isto era quando VOC? come?ou no HB, sabendo absolutamente nada mas apenas querendo jogar.

Se voce tiver tempo, apenas explique para eles os diferentes status, e qual builds s?o melhores para um jogador iniciante tanto quanto mage ou war. Se voc? n?o tiver tempo, procure alguem na sua Guild que possa o ajuda-lo, especificamente se ele n?o falar sua 1? l?ngua.

E para voc?s que est?o trabalhando nos Hero Sets... se voc? ver um grupo de novos jogadores correndo dentro da cidade inimiga, por favor n?o os matem 50 vezes. Ao menos que ele lute com voc?, seja bondoso e apenas deixe eles correrem de vez em quando. Morrer 10 vezes em 1 hora ? horr?vel, e faz com que eles n?o queiram mais jogar!

Por fim, por favor, apenas sejam bondosos. N?s todos queremos mais jogadores, e ser mau com eles, matando os novos jogadores 50 vezes por dia n?o vai nos ajudar a ter mais jogadores.

Translation by Ricardo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aresden Nemesis1

Striker

Aresden Nemesis2

NoC

Closed