Sign in to follow this  
Rabbi

Custom Skins & Interface

I'd like to know if custom skins and interface are allowed? I understand that PAK edits such as grids etc. are forbidden for a good reason but skins don't affect yours or anyone else's gameplay in any way.

I found some old post by farjat saying skins are ok but it was from 2008. Any updated info on this? And PAK edits in general?

I admit I tried to change my skin to the black theme I have but for some reason when I start Nemesis the game re-donwloads the default skin!? :o It only changed the skin of my log-in screen but not ingame UI.

This is ofc an awesome feature to avoid pak edits but bad for interface customization :/

EDIT: I just noticed this from 5.04 patch notes: PACK PROTECTED CLIENT :). This is the reason I cant customize skins?

Edited by Rabbi

On the rules page it says that skins are ok as long as nothing is made invisible, mouse pointer alterations are ok, "big objects/items" is ok and that "no trees" is ok.

11.Paks: Do not modify the PAK?s of Helbreath Nemesis in any way that gives you an advantage over other players (ex.: Red steps, Floor Grid, Cut Roofs, etc.).

We will conduct regular check-ups to verify that players are using the original Helbreath PAK?s.

If you do not meet our standards, we will ban your account. To be more specific we have made a list of the PAKs that are and are not allowed:

Edited spells like Blizzard, EWS, etc. ? Not Allowed

Monsters / Buildings of Crusade paks ? Not Allowed

Red steps ? Not Allowed

Grey Paks ? Not Allowed

Invisible skins ? Not Allowed

Cut roofs ? Not Allowed

Transparent bag ? Not Allowed

Grids ? Not Allowed

Skin [if it is not the invisible ones] ? Allowed

Mouse pointer ? Allowed

Big objects (big items) ? Allowed

No Trees ? Allowed

Oh I must have missed that, thanks for enlightening me! :)

But my question remains: I can't get my skin to work? Helbreath still keeps loading with the default UI :( ( Only the log-in screen changes )

Any suggestions?

But my question remains: I can't get my skin to work? Helbreath still keeps loading with the default UI :( ( Only the log-in screen changes )

Any suggestions?

ill take this one.

Rules allow to use Skins.

But then we found a way to protect Packs so we dont need to deal with checks, which are dirty.

We Protected the important packs. And this includes the part of the skin that is the Bag+ other things.

Basicly u cant use a Full Skin because u cant edit the Bag one. This was made so ppl cant use invisible Bag.

Not illegal to use skins, but u will not be able to make them 100% to work anymore.

Any suggestions?

ill take this one.

Rules allow to use Skins.

But then we found a way to protect Packs so we dont need to deal with checks, which are dirty.

We Protected the important packs. And this includes the part of the skin that is the Bag+ other things.

Basicly u cant use a Full Skin because u cant edit the Bag one. This was made so ppl cant use invisible Bag.

Not illegal to use skins, but u will not be able to make them 100% to work anymore.

Ok thanks for the response! Understood :)